Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #21
ButterBears
Registered Users
seller

Re: How many times a day do you run the dishwasher/wash dishes?

I usually wash dishes 3 to 4 times a day. We dont have a dishwasher. Family of 7 ones at college though.

Advertisement

ButterBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #22
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I run the dishwasher every other day with a family of 5. We also homeschool which means more dishes. I don't put any big stuff in there b/c my dishwasher is older than dirt and it doesn't get all the grubbies off.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #23
prnzez2
Registered Users
seller

We are a family of 7 going on 8 and we run it at least once a day. If we make a big meal at lunch instead of just sandwiches then twice and if I make bread or anything like that then 3 times. Most of the time though I'll just run it once at night and hand wash the rest. We use cast iron so that always has to be hand washed anyway. I'd much rather hand wash pots and pans than plates and silverware (used silverware has always grossed me out, lol). I only run a load if the dishwasher if full which usually doesn't take too much. I don't feel bad about running it more than once because they say it uses less water than hand washing. I HATE washing dishes, and don't get me started on laundry, lol.
prnzez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #24
Momof6girlz
Registered Users
Formerly: steenerson7
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinc View Post
I do about 20-25 loads a week We are certainly NOT saving the environment here...but I am always washing cloth diapers or now everything else that gets peed on during the horrible phase of potty training And just a lot of clothes i guess.
That sounds about right at our house also I run the dishwasher twice a day and only handwash my PC stones and items that won't fit (we are always busy, I don't have time to hand wash ) We are a family of 7 and we have all girls (explains the clothes thing lol)
Old 02-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #25
FourSaplings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We run our dishwasher at least once a day, sometimes twice. I'm too lazy to wash by hand. I bought a fancy dishwasher to make sure not too much water/electricity is being used though.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #26
4kids4me
Registered Users

Family of 6, soon to be 7 and it gets run every night during the night. No plastic here. Usually still have hand wash pots and pans after dinner every night.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #27
5280Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

During week days it is once per day because we are out of the house all day - usually the weekends are 2-3 times a day, especially if I am batch cooking meals to freeze. When the boys were cared for at home it was 2 times minimum with a lot of hand washing. My next house will have 2 dishwashers.

We do about 15 loads of laundry a week - which is down from when the boys were in diapers - probably by about 5 loads - we still have lots of pee accidents to take care of *sigh*
Old 02-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #28
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Fam of 6 and I run it once a day, sometimes twice. I don't prewash the dishes at all, so I have to clean the filter in the dishwasher every couple months to keep things running smoothly. Pots and pans I do by hand. It doesn't take long with nonstick pans and very hot water. Doing the flylady thing and doing all the dishes and then taking a dry rag and shining up the sink before I go to bed works out great for me. If I don't do it before bed, I do it when I wake up or right after I get the big boys off school.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #29
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are a family of 10 and I run mine 1-2 times per day depending on what we have eaten that day and how fast it fills up. I keep my kitchen clean all the time (neat freak) so I load it and once it is full I run it!
Now my washing machine is another matter.... I don't think it ever stops running
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #30
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

once at the most. sometimes we skip a day.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote