Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #31
KimKim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Every poop is green

Oh yeah she also said that she can also still be adjusting to my breastmilk

Advertisement

KimKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #32
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't had any milk or eggs since yesterday morning and my baby just had an explosive yellow poop! I've never been so happy to see poop in my life! You have nothing to loose if you eliminate dairy now. So I would definitely do it. Block feeding may also be a good idea if you still have an oversupply. I'm going to continue with that also.

My oldest daughter was diagnosed as "colic" which I think is code for we don't know whats really wrong. She was on formula though and the crying stopped at 4 months.

I'm going to eliminate dairy for a coupe weeks and see what happens. It's going to be very difficult for me but it will be worth it. Thanks for updating us!!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #33
KimKim
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you feed from the same side a couple times in a row, how do you keep the other side from getting engorged? Just pump? Will it get use to two in a row so you won't have to always pump? Won't pumping make your body produce more milk and make it worse?
Old 02-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #34
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm no pro but if that sidefeels really uncomfortable I pump just enough so it doesn't hurt. But usually the let down empties just enough so it doesn't hurt. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #35
Janet4
Registered Users
seller

Some babies only have allergies/sensitivity to dairy, but...many have combo allergies. You just have to experiment. We had no issue w/soy (not a huge fan so don't have it often anyway), but many los w/dairy allergies also have issues w/soy. Personally, I wouldn't immediately substitute something you've not had much of (soy, almond milk...) until you see the symptoms go away. That way you can see right away when you introduce a new ingredient if it causes a reaction in your lo. We had been doing really well for quite a while, when I discovered spelt. Well, I didn't research its gluten content before using it. I used it about 3 or 4 times in one week & suddenly my lo was having poop & rash issues. At that point it wasn't hard to figure out that it was the spelt b/c it was the only new ingredient I'd introduced. The hardest is the 1st couple of months, narrowing down what causes them problems. Once you get it figured out, it's not nearly as difficult.
Janet4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #36
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKim View Post
If you feed from the same side a couple times in a row, how do you keep the other side from getting engorged? Just pump? Will it get use to two in a row so you won't have to always pump? Won't pumping make your body produce more milk and make it worse?
They adjust after awhile. I do 6 hours at a time. . .I also did bottles, tossing out formilk etc. She got worse and started having frequent bloody stools. that's when we decided it was a milk allergy. Fast weight gain is also a sign of an imbalance.
She's doing better, still green poops, but she is actually awake for more than 20 minutes at a time (without crying the whole time)
Old 02-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #37
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm at the dr's now and she said I shouldn't worry about the green stool as long as my baby is growing well and there are no other issues. Dd weighs 12lbs10oz and was 6pbs5oz at birth. We are having a stool sample tested since my ds had diarrhea recently. I asked if it could be dairy or a hindmilk/foremilk imbalance and she said no. I'm going to continue block feeding and eliminating dairy just to see if it makes a difference. Not sure what else's to do.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #38
KimKim
Registered Users
seller
seller

What are they testing for in the stool?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #39
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKim
What are they testing for in the stool?
It's being tested for virus. It mentions Rita and WBC. I can't read the other one.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #40
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdra

It's being tested for virus. It mentions Rita and WBC. I can't read the other one.
I meant rota virus. Not Rita.