Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
angel nee nee
Registered Users
My Mood:
Musics to listen to during the Homeschooling time/break time.

Do you like to start your homeschooling day with music?

Do you sing with your kids, or do you play music for your kids from mp3 player, or both?

Do you like to play background musics for kids during the homeschooling time?

If so, please share which albums you recommend.

Click Here
to join suporpoints and get your 50 poits.
Earn points for paypal cash.
Do you like shopping online? Get rebates from ebates, Mr. Rebates
angel nee nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Musics to listen to during the Homeschooling time/break time.

We don't do music all of the time, just depends on what we are doing. Kearnan has SPD and he is also high functioning PDD NOS/Aspie (in need of a new eval) so he actually performs better with music during certain lessons but not others. He can memorize almost anything if it is set to music so he uses School House Rock stuff to memorize things. He also listens to his MP3 player while doing his math worksheets but he listens to old school punk because that makes him work harder/faster. He does not use music during reading, history, or writing lessons. Tharen only listens to music during music lessons or while doing arts or breaks. He likes Buddhist chanting, Enya and Loreena Mckennitt type music. He will also sing "renny music" with us but we only do that when Kearnan isn't working because he finds it too distracting.
ShannonInk'd, Atheist, Liberal, Part Time Large Equipment Mechanic, HS-ing, Mum to ASD Ninja Kearnan (8-4-01) & Derby Boy Tharen (12-1-05)
Always remembering Arawyn Born Silently (12-21-03)
Crocheted longies/shorties, toys and more see samples Arawyn's Garden Crochet
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #3
Registered Users

There is a great musician called Foster Brown and he has a couple cds out... Naturally and Songs from a Naturalist's Notebook... my boys love them and they are such fun songs... all wrote for kids teaching them through song a lot about nature and science. He is the only reason I know what a watershed is.

Other big hits in our house:
Doc Watson's Songs for Little Pickers
Bible Action Songs (good for getting their energy out... dance parties in the kitchen, anyone?)
Folk Song Lullabies by Phil Rosenthal when it's time to relax and do art
It's A Big World by Renee and Jeremy for background music
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
mamma mia
Registered Users
My Mood:

We use the Peter and the Wolfe CD and workbook to go through for "music theory" with my 5yo. She loves to listen to the music and try to pick out which instrument is what. She will listen for hours and told me it's like the instruments are "talking to each other" which they kind of are.

We also use Pandora where we can make children's music stations (Disney, Wiggles, etc) and classical music stations for them to dance/listen to.
Homeschooling, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, breastfeeding, craft-lovin', mom of 3- DD1(6), DS(4), and DD2 (2) and am excited to be expecting #4 in September!

Check out my ETSY shop for mother and daughter bracelet sets and more!
mamma mia is offline   Reply With Quote