Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
cobbermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Bad Habit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Eh, if it's a bad habit, I'm a bad mama. I let my six month old nurse every fifteen minutes daily and all throughout the night. I almost never have my boobs covered. Babies are only babies so long. Boobs make for happier babies. Why not?

Welcome baby Edeltraud! 27-7-2011 Von meinem iPhone gesendet.
You made me giggle (which I totally needed, I've been working on taxes...)

Advertisement

cobbermama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
CammysMommy
Registered Users
seller

I still nurse my 15 month old to sleep. She needs to know mommy is there for her, and I love that I can be!!
CammysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #13
kferg
Registered Users

It's only a bad habit if it's one you don't like. I nurse my 9 month old to sleep then he pops off, I slide a pacifier in and he's off to sleep. When I've left him overnight my mom told me she just bottle fed him and rocked him to sleep. If you wanna test it out maybe try letting your DH feed her a little at night and see if he can get her to sleep just to see if it's gonna be a problem or not.
kferg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #14
Sarah Loves Charis
Registered Users

I would say no. My daughter is 18 months old, and I always nurse her before she goes to sleep. No, she doesn't fall asleep while nursing, but she goes down very easily. Do what works for you and your child.
Sarah Loves Charis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't read any of the comments, but I just have to post. firmly believe that you should always do what works RIGHT NOW, and don't worry about setting up bad habits down the road. You can make changes later when whatever you are doing is not working anymore. I wish I had known this with my first baby and I hope I remember it with my next
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

I nursed LO to sleep for every nap and bed time until he was about 13 months old. Since then, I still nurse him at nap and night time but he doesn't always fall asleep. He is very relaxed, though, and I just lay him in his crib and he goes to sleep on his own. I never did any sleep training. They just become more independent over time and things change. I say enjoy it as long as it works and when it no longer works, something else will.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #17
lil_filly
Registered Users
seller

Do what works for you and your LO. Giving your LO what he/she wants is not spoiling them...it's making them happy. A happy baby is fair nicer then a unhappy one.