Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Night Training & Day Training

For those of you who did it separately, what age was your LO when you Day trained and what age was your LO when night trained?

I read the 3 day potty training guide, but I don't think that will fit well with my DD. She is 17 months old and yesterday unplanned, we potty trained. She did well, no accidents. She kept her prefold dry all day and only went in the potty.

She woke up wet this morning in her overnight diaper, which she usually does and we have yet to go in the potty, but she is still dry. I don't EC and I don't really potty train and she has poop trained herself (with some accidents if I don't hear or get to her). How I poop trained was around 11 months I started sitting her on the potty when she had to poo. She has had constipation issues and it was so much easier to go sitting down on the potty. She caught on and now grunts at me when she has to poop. We make it fun, saying "Bye bye" to the potty and wave. She loves it. She has pee'd sometimes on the potty.

I thought to give it a try to show her pee goes in the potty as well as poo and yesterday turned into a training day! She just kept going pee in the potty and told me one time while I was in the kitchen cooking she had to go. I was shocked, so now I told her if she keeps it up, on Saturday she can wear panties. (Saturday I am off work and can give the whole day attention to her).

I don't want to rush her or pressure her, so its a low pressure potty training with tons of rewards like hugs, high fives, cheers, playing with her little duckies. I don't think she is ready to night train at all and I am not a fan of waking her up in the middle of the night to tell her to go potty.

So just wondered, how did you night train and what age did you start?

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Happily Married DD1 born 9/13/10 DD2 born 5/11/12
tbowers8403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Night Training & Day Training

Well, I can't talk about night training, because we haven't tried with DS yet (he's 27 months), but we did the 3-day potty training day only and it seems to have worked for the most part... if you figure night training out, let me know
working mom to Owen 10/29/2009 and wife to Brad.
mrosehughes is offline   Reply With Quote