Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
2XTwinsMama
Registered Users

Multiple Multiples?

DH and I found out we were pregnant with out second set of fraternal twins at 7 weeks! Can you say, "SURPRISE!!!" My OB recently told me she never seen in her 15 years of practice back to back natural multiples. Anyone else get this shocker? Or am I the only one

Advertisement

2XTwinsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Multiple Multiples?

Congratulations!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations on your 2nd set!!

There are a couple of us on here with 2 sets of twins.

I have 2 of them. My first set is 27 months older than my second set. Crazy enough, I *might* be pregnant with my 3rd set!! I find out next week!

Oh, we do IVF to get pregnant. So, mine aren't spontaneous. The reason we think I may be carrying a 3rd set is because my betas are high and tracking right along with my hCG levels from my two previous pregnancies. My singleton pregnancy was much lower.

There are at least 2 other moms on here with 2 sets of spontaneous twins back to back.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 02-20-2012 at 02:39 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations!

How are you feeling?
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:51 AM   #5
2XTwinsMama
Registered Users

Awww congrats! That's good to know . Thank you for the congrats as well! I'm feeling good, this pregnancy is a lot easier than the first surprisingly!
2XTwinsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is good. Mine was too at first. In the end, I had more issues with PTL the second time around. But, I still ended up going a week longer. Very strange. I think in the early days of my pregnancy, I didn't have the same high level of anxiety because I'd already done it once. I knew what to expect. But, actually having the second set at home was much easier. I didn't have that adjustment period of figuring out how to handle two babies at once. I already knew how and already had strategies that worked for us. I'm sure you will find the same for you.

I don't see anyone else coming out of the woodwork, but there are definitely at least 2 other moms who have 2 sets spontaneously on here.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 02-21-2012 at 08:40 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

congratulations! how exciting and amazing.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
hauser
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations! I only have 1 set, but I do have 3 children older than our twins...so I know what it is like to have a few kiddos. That is a blessing, though it is also why hubby said no more kiddos. Our doc said looking at our medical history she felt we had an 80% + chance of having twins or more next time....hubby said um no thank you I like them 1 at a time. Ours were premie too and he just didn't want to see any more of his kiddos like that.

Crazy though! We know people with 6, 7, 8 even 9 kids and no twins at all! Crazy that you will have 2 sets. Just crazy how that works.
hauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
abhernandez
Registered Users

A close friend of mine is a fraternal twin (a sister) and she has older brother fraternal twins. And both were natural/ spontaneous. Congrats!! Youre one lucky mama!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #10
TwinMommaplus2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats momma!!
Motherhood is not a hobby, its a calling, you do not collect children because they are cuter than stamps, Its not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, its what god gave you time for. ~E. Anderson
TwinMommaplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote