Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
mamma mia
Registered Users

My Mood:
When to move baby into own room?

I am not really a mom of many (just have three right now) but I am having just a hard time getting sleep at night I can barely function at night. I know every mom goes through this but I could really use some advice from those who have done this before. TIA

I have a girl bedroom and a boy bedroom. But I am having my DD2 sleep in our room right now still. I feel like when my kids hit a certain age they knew I was there in the room with them at night and would get up more because of that.

My DD2 is now 7 months and is getting up all the time, not to eat or because she is wet, just because she wants me to hold her. She used to sleep 8+ hours and now she gets up every two hours or so.

I know if I moved her into my DD1 bedroom this would eventually stop but I am worried about making my DD1 have to deal with her waking up/me getting her/etc. and disrupting her sleep in the meantime.

What would you suggest? I have never had kids having to share a room before so this is a new problem for us.

Advertisement

Homeschooling, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, breastfeeding, craft-lovin', mom of 3- DD1(6), DS(4), and DD2 (2) and am excited to be expecting #4 in September!

Check out my ETSY shop for mother and daughter bracelet sets and more!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/RichelleDesigns
mamma mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When to move baby into own room?

Our two boys who are 4 and 2 have shared a room since DD, 10 months, was born. She just moved into her room at 8 months when I couldn't take being up all night anymore. I know my two are boys but I think your two would love sharing a room just like mine do. Once the baby is sleeping through the night then you can go back to a boys room and a girl's room.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
3ringcircus
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek4 View Post
Our two boys who are 4 and 2 have shared a room since DD, 10 months, was born. She just moved into her room at 8 months when I couldn't take being up all night anymore. I know my two are boys but I think your two would love sharing a room just like mine do. Once the baby is sleeping through the night then you can go back to a boys room and a girl's room.
That. Also YDD has slept in there with baby, and usually his crying didn't bother her.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always moved mine out as soon as they hit that stage. Their siblings never even woke up to their cries! Even our lightest sleeper would just roll over and go back to sleep. I think since they know Mama will take care of it, it gives them the freedom to not be bothered by any wakeups .
Old 02-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
mamma mia
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you SO much to your insight. I am just rolling out of bed from yet another night of very little sleep. I am so ready to try either/both of the suggestions you all mentioned above.

I think I will move her into my DD1 room and see if she can sleep through it first, then if that doesn't work I will move my son into DD1 room and put the baby in his room.
Homeschooling, cloth diapering, baby-wearing, breastfeeding, craft-lovin', mom of 3- DD1(6), DS(4), and DD2 (2) and am excited to be expecting #4 in September!

Check out my ETSY shop for mother and daughter bracelet sets and more!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/RichelleDesigns
mamma mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And remember Mama...a well rested Mama is a gift to her children !