Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #11
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hoping for HBAC...now 11 days overdue...

I also do not recommend castor oil. I had a a friend got so dehydrated before labor it was a nightmare. She ended up with a c/s because she could not push, and you don't really want to be tied to an IV during delivery.

Have you tried nipple stimulation?

Advertisement

Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second the idea to relax, especially since they are giving you the option to do non-stress tests even after 42 weeks. I am sure that it's a lot easier said than done, but it's possible that nothing you do to "encourage" labor is going to work.

Is there a pool you could go to, though? It could be really relaxing and help the baby to settle into a good position, also.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would say keep taking the caulophyllum... especially if it was a 30c. Its a much smaller concentration and it may need to be taken for longer.

and for the accupressure... This website shows the ones i used - > http://acupuncture.rhizome.net.nz/Ac...re/induce.aspx

I hope everything works out for you. I know how crazy i was going when i was a week past my due date. I"ll be sending good (labor starting) thoughts your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoneday View Post
been taking epo since about 36 weeks...tried the caulophyllum for like three days last week...nothing happened... =(

Just want to go into labor and have my sweet baby girl!

do you have a recommended website to find the accupressure points....there is SO much available on the web it's a little overwhelming! =)
Old 02-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
jjoneday
Registered Users
seller

I surprisingly am not stressed...I know she will come at the right time...even my midwife commented at my appt how calm and oatient i'm being..lbut if I could safely help out the start of labor and also avoid dealing with an ob, I am willing and wanting to do that...

In regards to the nipple stimulation...most everything I read said it can cause really strong contractions which gives me concern and pause considering the risk of uterine rupture...anyone had a successful VBAC induced with nipple stimulation?
jjoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #15
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The contractions you'd get from nipple stimulation are nothing compared to those in the final stages of labour. Don't worry at all about that!

And the chances of uterine rupture after a CS are about the same as having a prolapsed cord - yet doctors don't harp on that.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #16
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
The contractions you'd get from nipple stimulation are nothing compared to those in the final stages of labour. Don't worry at all about that!

And the chances of uterine rupture after a CS are about the same as having a prolapsed cord - yet doctors don't harp on that.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
This! Castor oil causes way more problems than nipple stimulation will.
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #17
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Hope you are having your baby now.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
eljube112
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

has anyone done a stretch and sweep??

and it sounds like your OB is trying to scare you. I can't imagine a hospital that wouldn't have a doc on call in case of emergency. That's just silly.

eljube112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #19
jjoneday
Registered Users
seller

Yes was going to do the membrane sweep but it was already separated...yesterday started having irregular rather painful contractions...didn't time them, they varied in time from 20 to 7 minutrpes apart...had them all night, a few were spaced further apart in the early morning...still having them...I think I may be in early labor but I also think the baby is still op so that's why the contractions aren't really progressing...
jjoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #20
burgler
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoneday View Post
Yes was going to do the membrane sweep but it was already separated...yesterday started having irregular rather painful contractions...didn't time them, they varied in time from 20 to 7 minutrpes apart...had them all night, a few were spaced further apart in the early morning...still having them...I think I may be in early labor but I also think the baby is still op so that's why the contractions aren't really progressing...
Oh, I hope it progresses for you!
burgler is offline   Reply With Quote