Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #21
*KaiMom*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hoping for HBAC...now 11 days overdue...

Can you get a massage or accupuncture? Those are great noninvasive things to try that work really well. Also, how about a chiro to get baby into the right position.

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #22
jjoneday
Registered Users
seller

Did acupuncture twice, Chiro been going to for over three weeks...she did accupressure for me as well today...baby is still OP
jjoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #23
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

ARe you positive about your O date or just the date of the sperm deposit? I guess I'm thinking your due date could be a couple of days later than you think if you O'd a few days after the deposit.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #24
jjoneday
Registered Users
seller

Well...I'm about 95 percent sure I know the day we...ahem...and that night I am pretty sure I felt myself ovulating...
Old 02-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #25
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

I also wouldn't worry about nipple stimulation being a bad thing, I tried for VBA2C and pumped for a couple weeks trying to get labor to start. It did cause contractions but not strong ones. I had a great labor and pushed for awhile and couldn't get her out because she was OP, head descending crooked and 10 lbs. So I had another C which sucked but at least the labor was great...sort of induced by nipple stimulation.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #26
jjoneday
Registered Users
seller

Mariamommy...did u do a hospital or home birth? We're u able to change positions to try to get her to change positions? Just curious. Thanks for the info on nipple stimulation from your own experiences!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #27
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoneday View Post
Mariamommy...did u do a hospital or home birth? We're u able to change positions to try to get her to change positions? Just curious. Thanks for the info on nipple stimulation from your own experiences!
it was a hospital birth, but I did labor at home for 3 days then 2 more days in the hospital.

I did try change positions, laying on my left side with my leg up...but it did nothing...but nobody had a clue what position she was in til I had been pushing for a couple hours, then they got out the u/s machine and discovered the awkward position with her face up and head sideways. When she was delivered via c-section, she had a huge, huge purple/bluish welt on the side of her head from being smashed in the birth canal, her forehead had a dent on it from being smashed against my pubic bone. She was 10 lbs 3 oz. She was absolutely NOT budging from that position, and I knew a cesarean was the only way both of us were going to make it out alive, even though having a surgical birth was the LAST thing I wanted.

I wish someone had said something upon me arriving at the hospital hearing I had labored for 3 days and thought "hey, I bet she's posterior, she needs to spin around"... before my water broke...when I was only dilated to 3 cm....then I think things would have gone much smoother. But hey...live and learn. I'm trying for vba3c with this baby due in May. Still looking for a care provider though...that's a long story though, won't go there. My concern about the baby's position is critical this time though. I can't imagine someone "not being concerned" about position. but then again, most mamas can push out posterior babies....so maybe its weird me.

Last edited by mariamommy; 02-17-2012 at 07:56 PM.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #28
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OP- I hope labor progresses for you! It sounds really frustrating It sounds like you're doing everything that you can do; hopefully something will change to make your VBAC possible, but even if it doesn't, you've been really proactive and you can be proud of that!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #29
Suburbangranola
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I see you've done acupuncture. I used it with my 5th and did it for 4 days straight and 2 treatments on the last day. I got up from the last treatment and my water broke and she was born 6 hours later. For every other birth they have been artificially ruptured.
Nothing else has worked. (isnt it the baby who releases the chemical that gives our body the 'go ahead' anyway?)I go overdue every single time. This time my OB is going to start stripping membranes at 36 weeks (next week!) in hopes of avoiding an induction. I'm also going to keep going to chiro and start acupuncture as soon as I start dilating.
Castor oil = dehydration = contractions. The minute you get rehydrated they will stop again.
Bonnie. Christian, homeschooling, cloth diapering, non-circumcising, breast feeding, baby wearing, home cooking, granola-type wife to my amazing (hard working, awesome father) husband Brian, mommy to 6 crazy cool kids, B 3-98, A 9-00, J 4-02, P 4-04, Lil A 2-07,Lil P 7-10 and one sweet peanut due 3-12.
My poor neglected blog: www.suburbangranola.com
Suburbangranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #30
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

hopefully she is not responding because she's having that baby.