Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It's a good thing men don't have babies!!

Along the lines of the person who posted a few weeks ago that her husband was complaining that she didn't put enough effort into sex at 37 weeks, DH woke up this morning grumbling that *HE* didn't sleep well last night because I was up to pee 57 times, was tossing and turning when I was in bed, and he says apparently I was having contractions or something because I kept gasping, breathing heavy, and occasionally groaning. Poor guy! I guess it's a good thing I didn't sleep too well either...if I had more energy I'd probably kill him!

On what I hope is a happier note, the baby has once again dropped back into position. It means even more frequent trips to the bathroom but at least the heartburn's eased off and I can breathe again. The contractions were pretty bad last night and I was kind of having mixed feelings about whether we're ready (I know *I* am...but the little guy's still pretty early whether he realizes it or not!) but it kind of leveled off and has been holding steady. I am determined not to go running off to the hospital again so I'm waiting "patiently" to see what happens. I'm torn between wanting to go to bed and hope the contractions stop and wanting to run a few laps around the neighborhood to keep things going. My midwife says I still need to go another week at least, but I don't think she'd try too hard to stop me if I showed up in labor this weekend. Still, I don't think she'd want me running laps either! I told dh last night that since the baby's dropped again, it feels like I got kicked in the crotch. He asked me how I'd know what that feels like. Grrr...maybe I should kick him and then we can compare notes?

Advertisement

bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: It's a good thing men don't have babies!!

HAHAHAHA, that's bringing back memories for sure. I used to have to get up to pee so often that sometimes I hadn't even hit the pillow before I had to get back up.. here's the problem, I had pelvic separation and I could not get up on my own. So for the last few months my DH was shaken away about 6 times a night to help me stand up, lol. I didn't really feel that bad for him. After all, he's only sleep deprived, no swollen and huge and unable to quit peeing, right? LOL.
ok, I felt a little bad for him.
Merolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #3
LilHippyMamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol
Old 06-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #4
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was all about the sex at 37 weeks... come on baby is what I was thinking. We were visiting in stinkin hot paraguay (it was over 100 the whole last 6 wks)
but about the head drop thingy... I kept feeling a lot of pushing in the pelvic floor but when it came to getting the babe out.. he wasn't dropped(anymore?)... soooo fishing expedition and I don't know who was pushing more- me or the other doc-

but speaking of getting out of bed to pee.. my sweetie was still asking me at nine months "where ya going" and holding on to my arm LOL
Old 06-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we havent had sex in forever. I banished him to the couch months ago b/c he snores too loud and I couldnt even sleep between my own pee breaks..lol. he grumps too but then I remind him that he has a hand and a bathroom with a lock. Im too big and uncomfortable right now for sex..lol.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
contemplation31
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by offlikeapromdress
we havent had sex in forever. I banished him to the couch months ago b/c he snores too loud and I couldnt even sleep between my own pee breaks..lol. he grumps too but then I remind him that he has a hand and a bathroom with a lock. Im too big and uncomfortable right now for sex..lol.

My poor man is feeling the neglect now, and I'm only in my 16th week!!! With my last one, I was ready for it ALL the time from the 2nd trimester on, so he's gone from "whoo hoo!!" to terribly confused lol

But if men COULD have the babes, overpopulation would be a thing of the past! I don't see any man willing to give birth again after #1
contemplation31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:13 PM   #7
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

LOL, that's a good idea. I should be shaking mine awake at 3 in the morning when I pee! I think he's the one that got me knocked up with twins in the first place. I literally NEVER got up to pee in the middle of the night with my singleton pregnancy, LOL.
I WOULD wake him up, but ds is still sleeping between us so I'd wake him up, too, LOL. *sigh* nice thought, though!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #8
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

Haha this is making me remember my pregnancies. I got the "This pregnancy is so hard on me" this last time from DH. I'm like "Hard on you?"

Men are idiots.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:25 PM   #9
Christy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You guys are so funny! Of course, it's because it's true!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:25 PM   #10
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

HA! We haven't had sex in forever--I am just sooo freakin' big! And to be honest, last time we did it DC kicked my DH's hand on my belly in the middle of the act. Not so romantic.

However, I'm hitting 37 weeks tomorrow and I'm-a gonna do whatever it takes to get this big 'un out of me... so time to.. "close my eyes and think of England"... lol...

Edited to add: That cute pic of me in my avatar.. yeah.. that was at 30 weeks... it sure would be nice to be THAT small again...

Last edited by Manna00; 06-11-2006 at 09:26 PM.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote