Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
Mount*n*sunshine
Registered Users

High Needs weekly thread.

It is the 1st day of the week so a good day to start supporting each other.

i am dealing with alot of clingyness and seperation problems right now. She insists on nursing all morning long. If I go to the bathroom or kitchen she is a wreck over it. I took a shower a few days ago and set her up in the living room with a dvd and snack and sippy (our ranch house is real small and the main area is baby safe) I leave the door open and all and she ends up standing there with the curtain open just screaming and crying histarically (sp). Omg I just want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon some mornings My friend points out that she behaves well when we go out ( I don't think she believes me) but when I go shopping or whatever all day then she socks it to me all night then. Our night issues are for another thread all together This is no phase either. It is just getting worse over time think.
Anybody else go through this? Any suggestions?
to all you HN mamas out there.

Advertisement

Last edited by Mount*n*sunshine; 06-11-2006 at 08:34 PM. Reason: edit title
Mount*n*sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HN weekly thread.

what does HN mean
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
Mount*n*sunshine
Registered Users

Re: HN weekly thread.

High Needs.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #4
tanyaandallie
Registered Users

Re: High Needs weekly thread.

My little guy is 14 mos and very much hn. He hates for me to shower. I cannot shower when he is awake and expect a peaceful shower. He just ends up crying and banging on the shower door the entire time I am in the shower. My dd was just not like this. Every single day I would shower and she would play with a basket of toys that I kept in the bathroom. Just does not work with this guy. So, I have no suggestions, but totally understand.

Lots of people that meet my little guy say the same thing. They can't imagine him being fussy. He is. Some days he is great. Somedays he is miserable. He wants me to hold him so I do, he cried. He wants me to put him down, so I do. He screams b/c he wants back up. Ugh. Soooo annoying!

old ds feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=5132.0
tanyaandallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #5
AttachedMama
Registered Users
seller

Clara's just now starting this (6 months old) and I'm sooooo hoping it stops! She's been so easy going until the last week or so. I can't get anything done either. She doesn't want to be worn or carried. Doesn't want to sit on the floor, HATES the swing we have, and is only happy sitting on my lap a certain way. She won't let DH hold her either...just me. I'm seriously a wreck! I don't know if she's going to be HN or not..can they just suddenly change?!
AttachedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
Mount*n*sunshine
Registered Users

I would think at 6mo it is just an age phase. I hear most HN babies are that way from the start. Sierra was a tumbling terror in the womb lol! She nursed for 4hrs straight the night she was born. hugs to you to get through a hard time. I hope it passes quick for you. If not there is support here.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:42 PM   #7
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Can I join you ladies.

I'm not sure,but Taci may be one of the neediest little ones out there. She has to be constantly touching me. I can't leave her side for a second(I've gotten really good at babywearing). She can't even stand to be with her dad without me,so it's starting to get really hard to do things,like hit the gym.

Sarah
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #8
Mount*n*sunshine
Registered Users

yes please do join us!

I hear ya about hitting the gym. Sierra is a crying mess by the time I pick her up and often they come and get me cause she is so upsett. It is hard because people will tell ya to get some mommy time, but how? It is nearly impossible.
Sarah
Old 06-11-2006, 11:26 PM   #9
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I need some support....
My 3.5 year old is just pushing me over the edge.
Tonight we did the nighttime ritual as we have since her first dayu of life. Bath, put on jammies, say a prayer, hugs and kisses, go to bed with music. Well tonight right from the start she was hysterical! She has this thing that she has to have every stuffed animal she owns in her bed along with like 5 blankets. Its hot!lol then she wakes me up at like 5 am becuase hse cant sleep. Well... no kidding!lol So, tonight she was freaking out becuase i left her with one blanket and all the animals. It took her over an hour to get calmed down so we could talk and get back to bed. It was so unreal! How do i handle this better?
Shes also at this point that che constantly has to be touching or hanging on me or DH. She is such a touchy kid. I dont mind it to a point but i cant handle the constant part of it. Shes always in my face, hanging on my arms, pulling on my hands, or in my arms. If shes not then shes a mess, shes not knowing what to do with her self.
Shes not albe to go off and play with her toysd by herself, she has to have someone with her sitting there and initiatng the play. Is that normal? When im in the computer room or int he kitchen or in my bedroom she HAS to be in the same room. She cant handle not being in the same room. Isthat normal?lol
Ok, ill shut up now. But i can feel the clingyness and the high needs, Klaire has been such an intense child from birth. She has needed 100% of me since then. Im ready for a break.... I know she misses DH, last pay period he put in 157 hours. He is gone ALOT! In one week alone he worked 93 hours. So im sure this behaviour is a result of him being gone so much. They are best buds, i know she kisses him immensly. How do i help her cope with him being gone like this?
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:45 AM   #10
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've got a closet HN baby too. We go out in public the most common comment I get is, "Is he always this happy?? He's so cute & happy!" And I just smile and say, "Sometimes.." We get home and he's the whiniest, crying-est, clingiest baby ever. And he's SUCH a "drama queen". And he's only 9mo! I ditto on the shower thing and the wanting up/down/up/down/up/down and not being happy with any of it. Drake had some of the HN characteristics from birth..but was a fairly easy baby....he got his 4mo immunizations and all hell broke loose. It's been a rollercoaster of tears and frustration ever since. From Drake & I both!