Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
erkelly
Registered Users
seller
seller

Potty for a small baby?

I'm going to start working with my son on the potty. He does not like the toilet (it's scary), so I am thinking of buying a little potty for him. Does anyone recommend a potty for a tiny baby? He is 19 months old and 17 lbs. I want to get him a potty that will be his size and comfortable. Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 02-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Potty for a small baby?

There is a small baby bjorn potty that works great for my 19 pound 12 month old. We bought it at Buy Buy Baby.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
hibiscus869
Registered Users

We have two small potties: The Baby Bjorn Little Potty (which I think is the smallest of the Bjorn line), and the Hoppop Donut Potty, which is actually my favorite because it's round.

Last edited by hibiscus869; 04-23-2012 at 10:01 PM.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

We have the baby bjorn little potty and it seems like the sides are kinda narrow for my 14 months old (21 lbs) to sit on it comfortably. He doesn't seem to like it. I need to find something else because he does seem interested in the potty so I want to keep him interested.

ETA: Actually, we have the BB smart potty, not the little potty. And I tried to find the little potty on-line and it was discontinued. I looked at the hoppop donut potty and it looks cute but is it really small enough for a little bum?

Last edited by colin-mylilguy; 03-07-2012 at 11:22 AM.
colin-mylilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
serenas_song
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just looked at Hoppop Donut Potty...looks like a good one!
serenas_song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin-mylilguy
We have the baby bjorn little potty and it seems like the sides are kinda narrow for my 14 months old (21 lbs) to sit on it comfortably. He doesn't seem to like it. I need to find something else because he does seem interested in the potty so I want to keep him interested.

ETA: Actually, we have the BB smart potty, not the little potty. And I tried to find the little potty on-line and it was discontinued. I looked at the hoppop donut potty and it looks cute but is it really small enough for a little bum?
Yes it is plenty little enough IMO.

Last edited by hibiscus869; 04-23-2012 at 09:40 PM.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
tristansmile
Registered Users
seller

My 18 lbs 14 month old seems to love her BBLP. It fits perfectly but we haven't had to deal with coming at it from any angles my little one only goes when I put her on it. I couldn't find one anywhere, but I happened to get one at a consignment sale. Also, buy buy baby had pink in stock when the guy at the store checked through his system.
tristansmile is offline   Reply With Quote