Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #1
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
student mamas, how was your semester?

I took 12 credits this semester, got A's pretty effortlessly is all my classes but I was failing math. Passed intermediate algebra at the last minute with a 70% I fell you, the day of my final my stomach was twisted on knots..I was able to pull my grade up the 3 points I needed. Such a relief! I did not want to take that class again

Advertisement

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: student mamas, how was your semester?

I don't have all my grades yet, but the ones I have are all 90s. I had 8 classes this semester. It was tough transitioning from SAHM to student mom. I also hate my program.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
8 classes! Wow that's nuts lol. They only.let you do 5 here, 6 of you get special permission
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
Old 12-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
PrettyinPink89
Registered Users

My Mood:

I only took one class this semester. I originally enrolled in three, but dropped the other two after I was in a car accident (lame!). Anywho, I managed a 93 (progress!). Next semester I am taking two classes, then one over the summer, and a full course load of 5 classes in the fall.

Nice work Mamas!!
PrettyinPink89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
PrettyinPink89
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
I took 12 credits this semester, got A's pretty effortlessly is all my classes but I was failing math. Passed intermediate algebra at the last minute with a 70% I fell you, the day of my final my stomach was twisted on knots..I was able to pull my grade up the 3 points I needed. Such a relief! I did not want to take that class again
Sorry to hear that math is giving you a hard time. It is not a subject that I enjoy, but I am trying to get over my fear of it. Do you have any tips for anxiety? I plan on taking my math classes over the summer break so I do not have any distractions, hopefully that will help a little bit.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
mbleblanc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It went alright! I'm working two jobs and took on some contracted work for christmas break so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

Only one more semester though, the end is in sight!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #7
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyinPink89 View Post

Sorry to hear that math is giving you a hard time. It is not a subject that I enjoy, but I am trying to get over my fear of it. Do you have any tips for anxiety? I plan on taking my math classes over the summer break so I do not have any distractions, hopefully that will help a little bit.
Definitely utilize the tutoring center. I made the mistake of not doing that. They also said if you teach you retain information. So explain the steps to someone else.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbleblanc View Post
It went alright! I'm working two jobs and took on some contracted work for christmas break so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

Only one more semester though, the end is in sight!
That's nice! Can't wait to be done!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
Definitely utilize the tutoring center. I made the mistake of not doing that. They also said if you teach you retain information. So explain the steps to someone else.
Even if you don't have another "victim", you can teach the stuff to yourself, it's not quite as effective but it's better than nothing.

Also, utilize as many learning routes as possible. Write out problems, rules, etc. Read aloud the steps or the rules or formulas. Walk and recite them from memory while visualizing them. The parts you can't recite from memory, those are good areas to focus further on.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #10
PrettyinPink89
Registered Users

My Mood:

I will definitely check out the tutoring lab. Thanks ladies!!