Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
LOPSided booBIES

HELP!
I have lopsided boobs! I had the same issue with dd1 and now dd2... My left boob hardly works and the right is GINORMOUS!
It's sooo hard to feed on the flap jack and ignore the giant throbbing boob!
Please help!

Advertisement

Lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bump
Old 02-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: LOPSided booBIES

I have a similar boobie issue. My right breast is much larger but produces less milk. My left is small and floppy but 3/4 of the milk supply comes from that one. What I have done in the past (only on day 2 with my new babe) is I always start on the low supply side so it will always get emptied in hopes it will pick up in supply or at least continue to produce.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
katie-momto4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mine have been lopsided with all four of my babies. my left is gigantic and the right is smaller and gets progressively smaller with time. It starts out about equal but doesn't keep up. With baby #3 I tried ALWAYS nursing on the smaller side first but it didn't help or matter. This time I don't care. and it finally occurred to me. I have a hungry boob and a sleepy boob that sort of helps me make sense of it. so I give him the sleepy boob for comfort. good luck I hope you feel better.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
Lolobug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie-momto4
mine have been lopsided with all four of my babies. my left is gigantic and the right is smaller and gets progressively smaller with time. It starts out about equal but doesn't keep up. With baby #3 I tried ALWAYS nursing on the smaller side first but it didn't help or matter. This time I don't care. and it finally occurred to me. I have a hungry boob and a sleepy boob that sort of helps me make sense of it. so I give him the sleepy boob for comfort. good luck I hope you feel better.
That's cute did your boobs look the sme after you were done nursing your 3? I liked my boobs before kids. After dd1 they were much smaller and flat! Big again w dd2 but I wonder if they'll get small and floppy after she has weaned
Old 02-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
katie-momto4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

after weaning #3 they were the same size but small and very flat and floppy. I loved my boobs before kids but those days are gone. i was a small perky 34 B before babies. engorged boobs were 38DD! Nursing boobs are still a 38D. the after baby #3 boobs were barely a B cup.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

yep same issues here lefty is always bigger then righty while nursing. They do go back to normal when im done nursing.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
CandiceW
Registered Users

My Mood:

Same issue here and I do what katie does somethings.. I do give ds the smaller one when he just wants to suck(binky).. I do keep offering first almost every feeding though so it is producing milk still just not as much as the other side.
Baby Matthew 05-27-2014
Baby #4 due January 2016
CandiceW is offline   Reply With Quote