Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
NativeMamaOnTheGo
Registered Users

Smile I Found CD for $3 BRAND NEW and compared them

Hello!

I'm a SAHM and both of my babies are cloth diapered so I am always looking for ways to save money. Going green doesn't have to mean spending a lot of greens So, I found brand new cloth diapers on Ebay for $3 and some change. I bought them- the brand I bought is Icute. They are one size pocket diapers and I changed the inserts. The cool part is that even if you prefer bamboo you can buy just the inserts for the anti-bacterial properties and save more money.

My monthly income (from my husband) is less than $1200 so I am always learning new ways to save money to make ends meet. I look forward to hearing your response and keeping up with Diaper Swappers in this community!

The Icute diaper is the first cloth diaper I ever used. I tried these first because I found them on Ebay. I didnít actually know anything about cloth diapering so it was actually a miracle this experiment went well. I absolutely love these diapers! The inserts are soft, the liner is soft, they donít leak, they are height and width adjustable and the best feature is the liner is thinner (but not less absorbent) and so when I wash them the liner doesnít have a weird smell. Sometimes with cloth diapers you will have to wash something twice- after months of using cloth diapers Iím learning that I chose the wrong laundry detergent for the sort of water I have at my home. Stinky diapers can be a big deal but I havenít experienced this with these diapers.
There are so many brands to choose from! If youíre going for price I would easily suggest the Icute diapers. If youíre searching for a diaper that has it all I would recommend the Grobaby diapers. If you need a night diaper Iíd say Imse Vimse. If you wanted a diaper that can adjust to your needs, I suggest a one size pocket diaper in either Smarti Pants, bumGenius, or Thirsties.
The detergents Iíve experimented with are bumGenius and Rockiní Green. The best detergent for me isnít necessarily the best detergent for you. I do like to suggest Rockiní Green though because they offer ďadjustable detergentĒ. They have soft rock, hard rock and classical rock for soft, hard and normal water. They also have Funk Rock to break that ammonia scent if you experience it. I used the wrong detergent (I used classical when I needed soft) and it caused this scent so I will be evaluating Funk Rock when it comes in. I talked to a great lady at Rockiní Green (their customer service representative) and she has been helping me to find the type that works for me. She is even sending a water testing kit and samples! I suggest Rockiní Green for many reasons.

Whatever diaper or detergent you choose, I do hope you find the best match for your household! Thank you for choosing to read my evaluation.

Advertisement

Last edited by NativeMamaOnTheGo; 02-18-2012 at 10:11 PM.
NativeMamaOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: I Found CD for $3 BRAND NEW and compared them

SPAM
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #3
NativeMamaOnTheGo
Registered Users

Smile Re: I Found CD for $3 BRAND NEW and compared them

No, ma'am! My persoal email address is CinderellaSaves@gmail.com and my name is Coleman. I'm the mama of 2 - Zoey is 2 and Elijah is 1. Here are the articles I wrote and I'm not paid for. My pen name is Ruth for my privacy b/c locally my site is viewed often. My site is based on the book of Ruth in the bible (a rags to riches journey)

Cloth Diapers Ė Bringing Savings Back
Getting the most bang for your buck

Iíve used a variety of cloth diapers including brands like bumGenius ($18) , Imse Vimse ($27), Smarti Pants ($15) , Thirsties ($13), Icute ($4) and a few other random brands as well including GroBaby by Grovia ($17). My son has used these everyday now for the past 6 months and Iíve been doing a load of cloth diapers per day so this is a very accurate account of cloth diapering and itís a worthy evaluation of these products. I want to highlight what I liked about each product first so you can decide for yourself and based on what your needs if it is a diaper youíd choose.
bumGenius has been good to me because my son is squirmy so I enjoy the Velcro versus snaps when he squirms. The downside to the Velcro is he gets out of it and sometimes it gets stuck to his clothes and comes off- if you use onesies this is not a problem at all. The company does offer the same diaper with snaps so if this has made you skeptical, keep looking. I like that the inside of the diaper is soft because itís softer than Pampers. I think all of us have used the Pampers swaddlers when our babies were newborns. Wanting something soft for their bums doesnít change as they grow.
Smarti pants are a great brand because they have adjustable snaps. The snaps adjust to height and width which works well because it fits my daughter (who is 26 pounds) and my son (who is 21 pounds). There is a sleeve inside of the cloth diaper that holds the insert in place and while I liked it a lot at first, Iím skeptical now because when I wash the diaper I pull the insert out to make sure everything gets very clean. The sleeve is large at one end and narrow at the other so when I pull the insert out I have to shake it really hard or use my fingers to pull it out. Cloth diapering doesnít necessarily mean you have to touch the contents of the diaper so donít be discouraged if youíre still searching for that dream diaper!
ImseVimse is a great diaper but letís face it, itís $27 so it should be. Imse Vimse consists of a very soft organic cloth diaper and then you purchase the soft diaper cover which is what makes the total $27. They are super cute and Iíve never experienced leaks with this diaper because the entire soft cloth diaper absorbs any fluids. This is my diaper of choice for night! My son breastfeeds at night so heís constantly drinking which means we needed a great diaper. Imse Vimse has been good to us at night!
Thirsties is a very popular brand and I first tried one of the diapers when my son was 11 months old. I found a great deal at a consignment shop and bought 3 brand new with tag Thirsties with 4 or so pre-folds and 1 snappy. I was so excited to come home and try them out and I have to admit that I was a little disappointed. I think if I had the Thirsties with inserts I would have enjoyed my experience more, so if you find a great deal on this brand: it is probably popular for a reason. I used the Thirsties 3 times and then gave them to a close friend for her to try out cloth diapers. She was not discouraged by them and sheís actually bought 15 more diapers including 5 pre-folds. There is, however, one reason I do not like the cloth diaper style I chose (a medium pocket diaper with Velcro)- you have to purchase more at every stage of your childís development. This is costly and if youíre cloth diapering youíre either going green or youíre saving greens and this defeats both purposes. Studies suggest that the energy used in the production of cloth diapers is harsher on the environment than using disposable diapers although the disposable diapers have a more visible effect.
Grobaby by Grovia is definitely a favorite of mine! I love their Velcro straps because they actually work! My son canít get out of them and they donít stick to his clothes so his outfits donít matter. The diapers also can adjust to the height of your child using the little buttons on it. The insert has to be my favorite sort of insert- it retains fluid well without leaking and itís not super huge which is amazing in a cloth diaper. You can buy GroVia disposable liners for $20 at your local cloth diaper shop and they work very well with these. These diapers are most definitely my favorite for many reasons but they are $17each.
The Icute diaper is the first cloth diaper I ever used. I tried these first because I found them on Ebay. I didnít actually know anything about cloth diapering so it was actually a miracle this experiment went well. I absolutely love these diapers! The inserts are soft, the liner is soft, they donít leak, they are height and width adjustable and the best feature is the liner is thinner (but not less absorbent) and so when I wash them the liner doesnít have a weird smell. Sometimes with cloth diapers you will have to wash something twice- after months of using cloth diapers Iím learning that I chose the wrong laundry detergent for the sort of water I have at my home. Stinky diapers can be a big deal but I havenít experienced this with these diapers.
There are so many brands to choose from! If youíre going for price I would easily suggest the Icute diapers. If youíre searching for a diaper that has it all I would recommend the Grobaby diapers. If you need a night diaper Iíd say Imse Vimse. If you wanted a diaper that can adjust to your needs, I suggest a one size pocket diaper in either Smarti Pants, bumGenius, or Thirsties.
The detergents Iíve experimented with are bumGenius and Rockiní Green. The best detergent for me isnít necessarily the best detergent for me. I do like to suggest Rockiní Green though because they offer ďadjustable detergentĒ. They have soft rock, hard rock and classical rock for soft, hard and normal water. They also have Funk Rock to break that ammonia scent if you experience it. I used the wrong detergent (I used classical when I needed soft) and it caused this scent so I will be evaluating Funk Rock when it comes in. I talked to a great lady at Rockiní Green (their customer service representative) and she has been helping me to find the type that works for me. She is even sending a water testing kit and samples! I suggest Rockiní Green for many reasons.

Whatever diaper or detergent you choose, I do hope you find the best match for your household! Thank you for choosing to read my evaluation.
Your Bargain Adventure Tour Guide,
Ruth

Diaper Your Baby From Birth to Potty Training for $200!
Yes, you really can diaper your baby for $200.00 TOTAL from birth to potty training and there are no gimmicks! My family has even diapered 2 babies in this way. We use cloth diapers but not the old fashioned sort that my parents had ďback in the dayĒ (My motherís words). Before you scroll on to another page, you should read the price list I have and the benefits list because you can diaper your child for $0.17 a day. I assure you it is worth your time and itís worth your money.
First of all, we arenít a tree hugging family Ė we love the trees, donít get me wrong, but we also love penny pinching. There are many different brands and styles of diapers ranging from $3.00 and some change to $50.00 per diaper. Some styles require you to buy diapers for each stage of growth. Since you should have at least 15 diapers this can be costly! There are one size pocket diapers with snaps to adjust as your baby grows- this sort is among the most economical and itís great for babies of every shape and size. They normally cover up to 28 pounds depending on the type you get. One Size diapers cover from birth to potty training.
I bought mine from Ebay and I am proud to use inexpensive diapers that work! The lowest one size pocket diaper listed on Ebay today is $3.19 which includes the diaper, the insert, and the shipping. I recommend using a diaper with snaps, not Velcro. We do have diapers with Velcro but they tend to stick to everything including their clothing and my kids always take them off. My son started taking his diaper off almost immediately because he could wiggle out. The snap diapers havenít been any trouble for us at all! We store them in a dry pail during the day and I use 1 load at night. The velcro diapers I have to velcro shut before washing and so this is sometimes a dirty task when it comes to diapers with nasties in them.
My family does not use a sprayer because they cost $40+. We take the nasty diaper and just dump the nasties into the toilet- the diaper never touches the toilet. We do use a wet bag which sells on average for $10 each. These are great if you go out but we still prefer plastic bags because theyíre smaller and more convenient. Some people use pail liners and just line a trash can with the liner and use it similar to the way disposable diaper users use diaper genies. Pail Liners can cost $10+ as well. My family uses the cloth diapers during the day with 1 insert and at night we use 2 inserts. We donít use anything other than detergent, diapers, and a dry pail (no liner). If you cloth diaper the way my family has you can diaper your babies for $83.00 to start. We use 15 diapers, Rockin Green cloth diaper detergent, and a wet bag. I have 2 children and we use 15 diapers every 2 days.

Benefits of cloth diapering Ė
Less diaper rash
Less leaks! Disposables let babies have ďblow outsĒ and cloth diapers do well at holding it in the diaper
Itís very cost effective Ė we paid $0.13 per diaper using disposables (check the ďaverage changes per day listĒ below)
You can buy disposable liners for an inexpensive price and itís still cheaper than disposable diapering! You will also always have the option of disposable diapering.
Cloth Diapering can cost $0.16 a day depending on the type of detergent you choose to use. Our detergent is Rockin Green and it costs $15 to wash 90 loads and since we wash 1 load per day it costs $0.17 per day! This means cloth diapering costs $5.10 per month (30 days). This means that over the period of 36months it can cost $183.60 versus $2,800.00 using disposables.

How Many Diapers Should You Buy?
Average number of changes per day- 12-16 NEWBORN meaning 480 diapers per month required.
3-6m 10-12 changes per day meaning 360 diapers required per month.
6-9m 8-10 changes per day= 300 diaper per month.
9-12 Ė 8changes per day= 240 per month.
12-18- 6-8 changes per day= 240 per month.
19-30 month old Ė 6-8 changes per day= 240 per month.

Now What?
Now you find the One Size Pocket Diaper of your bargain dreams and you try it out. All cloth diapering detergent has a direction section to tell you how to use it. You have all of the information it takes to get started! Good Luck and let me know how you do!

Your Bargain Adventure Tour Guide,
Ruth
Old 02-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ummm wow!

Mama even if you are real spam is not allowed on here

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Ummm wow!

Mama even if you are real spam is not allowed on here

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
and spaming as your very first post makes it pretty clear what your intentions are...
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
NativeMamaOnTheGo
Registered Users

Hello! I posted a reply back to you ) I see why you'd think it's spam and I corrected it. Sorry! I didn't mean for it to look like that. I was "short cutting" because I hate re writing things and it's the end of the day here for me. Happy cloth diapering! You can email me if you want me to verify still. I don't mind.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
NativeMamaOnTheGo
Registered Users

Hello! I just messaged the first Mama who messaged me. I didn't mean to make it look like spam. It's the end of the day here and I was shortcutting b/c I have been writing (for college- sahm and I'm attending my local college online).I was short cutting my writing. I included more information in all of my articles I listed.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
NativeMamaOnTheGo
Registered Users

Again, didn't mean to spam. I posted my articles. And that isn't my intention.

I listed my evaluations. It's the end of the day here- I'm a SAHM and in college at my local college (Rappahannock Community). I've been writing all day and I'm tired- was trying to short cut so I wouldn't have to keep writing. Sorry guys! I will post more of my stuff like the codes so you won't have to go to my site. I honestly didn't mean to spam!

Sorry again!

-Coleman
Old 02-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
this_mel_rocks
Registered Users
seller

Reported for the MODS to decide
Earn free money with SwagBucks
this_mel_rocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
NativeMamaOnTheGo
Registered Users

More Ways to Save on Diapers!
Check down the list and find what best suits you.
$10 off + percentages and coupons for Diapers dot com
Last night I researched diaper codes to post for Diapers dot com and here is a list:
- CIND7299 $10 off of your first order plus 30% cash back for 3 months and 15% off of your entire order. Diapers dot com will donate $10 to a charity as well for each time this code is used.
- BABX6781 20% off of your order!
- TAKEYOUR10 $15 total off of your Diapers.com orders- $10 off of the first and $5 off of the second plus FREE shipping!
- $10 off of your order: SAVEMOM
Diapers dot com also has a coupon section where you can get a few dollars off of your favorite brand.

Pampers Rewards Points
I found all of these great codes at the site listed below.

Frugal Girls dot com

■10 Points: WELCOME2VILLAGE
■10 Points: GETSTARTEDNOW10
■50 Points: WELCOME2PAMPERS
■10 Points: CAREFORNEWBORNS
■10 Points: PUNTOSPARAMI123

■10 Points: 10ptsfreecode4u
■50 Points: JOINNOW4REWARDS
■50 Points: GIFTSTOGROW4MOM
■50 Points: 2BEGINEARNING50
■10 Points: PAMPERS4MOMSOND
■10 Points: PAMPERSGTG10PTS