Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #41
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: bge in demand!

I am still hoping for a BGE seconds sale. Our stash is 16 BGEs for DS who is 7 months and that is pretty much all we use. I do have prefolds that we use as changing pads, on rare occasion for air out time and on my toddlers at night...but BGEs are my favorites. I almost wish I hadn't bothered with prefolds and just bought more BGE.

It is such a relief to have a CD that literally even works for him overnight without a doubler, I can just wash and dry in one cycle, doesn't need to be folded or stuffed, fits under his regular clothes, leaves no red marks and no fiddling around with extra parts and pieces. I tried BGEs in the past a few times (I think this is our 3rd BGE stash so it should be 3rd times a charm, right? ) but oh man I am totally at "nirvana" except wishing I had like 4 more. I can't say enough good things about them

Advertisement

FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #42
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

ETA: Those of you that are having fit issues, try adjusting the rise. My 7mo can fit on both the small and medium rise settings fine, but I found that snapping them down to the smallest rise which means it goes out one waist setting works great. It makes a nice smooth front and looks super comfy on him. They were a bit awkward on the medium rise. They fit both my stringbean 2yo (he is PLed now except for nights though) and my 7mo with chubby, super sensitive thighs. I know not every diaper fits every baby, but I really think that BGEs will fit *most* kids if you adjust the rise to figure out the best fit.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #43
mousemommyx4
Registered Users
seller

I'm dying to try these but I am never fast enough in FSOT!
mousemommyx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #44
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemommyx4 View Post
I'm dying to try these but I am never fast enough in FSOT!
I'm thinking you should have your chance today. I think the thread had caused everyone to off load their extras. There are a ton on FSOT today.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #45
Crazydayz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I bought one the other day and tried it out today. Fit my 17m 23lb dd great. Thankfully the fit was good because right after I put it on her she had a poop explosion! Nothing leaked but it covered the diaper. One thing I was not thrilled with was the poo went under the layers too. Made for quite the sprayer job!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #46
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post
ETA: Those of you that are having fit issues, try adjusting the rise. My 7mo can fit on both the small and medium rise settings fine, but I found that snapping them down to the smallest rise which means it goes out one waist setting works great. It makes a nice smooth front and looks super comfy on him. They were a bit awkward on the medium rise. They fit both my stringbean 2yo (he is PLed now except for nights though) and my 7mo with chubby, super sensitive thighs. I know not every diaper fits every baby, but I really think that BGEs will fit *most* kids if you adjust the rise to figure out the best fit.
This definitely was not the case for us......she has to be on the rise she's on (largest.......no way medium would work) and on the largest rise the top folds over......same thing happens to a friend of mine. We did try different rise settings while we could and it made no difference.....the red marks were very painful. BGE is just like very other diaper out there...it works great for some and then not for others
Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #47
mcl916
Registered Users
seller

LOVE my BGE's and I can't wait for the seconds sale!! I have 9 that I bought new during a sale and now I would love a few more. Doing wash everyday is getting old fast!

mcl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #48
southernbelle04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also holding out for a seconds sale! I bought 2 during the last one (around Christmas?) and, other than a spot of fabric marker on one, there is nothing wrong with them. These have been the diapers that have worked the best for DD2 so I need more!
Old 04-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #49
klrteach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm loving my BGE's too! It would be great to score some from cotton babies @ a good price...I feel like I've been stalking them on the FSOT and usually striking out!
klrteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #50
ClothDad
Registered Users

Exppecting our first in the next few weeks. Lucky enough to have family buy us 30 bge. We will not be using them to start, starting with the kissaluvs fitteds. Can't wait to try these out,I have heard nothing but good things. Local CDS recommended them for ease of use.
ClothDad is offline   Reply With Quote