View Poll Results: Do many of you have 2 year olds PT
Yes 29 44.62%
NO 36 55.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2007, 01:14 PM   #11
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do others have 2 year olds not interested in PT

My DS wasn't ready until he was nearly 3. He was actually potty trained only a few weeks before my DD was born. I was glad not to have them both in diapers.

My DD is nearly 2 and I'm in no hurry to train her as I'm in love with CDing!! lol

Advertisement

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:16 PM   #12
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Selah will be 3 in August and has been PT since just after she turned 2. I have heard that boys can be a lot harder to train, though.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #13
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes. Landon (the little boy I watch, my best friend's son) turned 2 in February and has no idea what pee is. He'll pee on himself and look at me like "what on earth just happened?!?!" *sigh* He's on vacation with grandparents this week, but next week both boys are going into undies full time while we're at home. Other than nap time, of course. The entire house will be covered in pee, I'm sure, but I'm hoping that Landon will be potty trained by fall, and that Jackson might just learn how his body works in general and PL much faster than he would otherwise. Neither boy is bothered by it, so I'm not worried.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:18 PM   #14
naturalbirthmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are 2 months shy of the 3rd birthday and going to the potty is only something we talk about in theory!
Autumn ~~ Haley 12, Haven 10, Paisley 7, Sterling 5, Camden 3, Finley 1*the bathroom baby* and #7 due August 2015
I have amazing eyelashes! Wanna know how?? www.beautifullyblessedlashes.com
naturalbirthmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #15
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD is definitely not wanting to be potty trained. I swear that she will have me change her diaper like everytime she pees even a little bit in it, yet she will hold it whenever I sit her on the potty. As soon as the diaper is back on.....she will pee. I figure that when she is ready, she will become potty trained, but I'm not gonna stress about it. KWIM?

What doesn't help is that my MIL is always on me to potty train her. I swear I have 4 packs of pullups here from my MIL which my DD can't use cuz #1 she uses them as diapers and #2 they give her a bad rash, but of course my MIL keeps buying them. Also my MIL actually bought a little potty for at her house too, and whenever we visit she will actually sit my DD on the potty. My DD will try to get up and my MIL will keep her there, and it makes me so mad!! I am the mother, yet she doesn't seem to get that!!!

Ok I'm done venting now.....I'm just irritated.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #16
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My twins were a PITB to PT and my 3rd was easy as pie, 100% accident free by 2.5yrs. But #4 turned 3 in Feb and he's JUST getting the whole poopoo on the potty thing. He's been peepee trained for a month or so, even overnight. I think 3 is a reasonable age to be training by, but some are older and still have no intrest. Good luck and give it time!
Old 04-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #17
Monkeytaylz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I thought my ds would never be potty trained!!! Last summer when he was 2 1/2, i thought, oh cool, he can run around in a t and undies and be trained quick. He had other ideas!! He thought the potty chair was a fun seat, but that was about it. Then one day he just went in the bathroom all by himself, and said, "mom, i went pee!" Each day it was a bit better. Using the potty for bms took a bit more. He just now in the last month has completely mastered that! And yesterday he peed standing up all by himself! He turned 3 in December. he was definitely harder than my girls!
I have learned that with kids, you cannot make them eat, sleep, or go potty. That is under their control!!
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:27 PM   #18
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Kids will use the potty when they are ready. While a lot of kids learn at age 2, it is a little early to force the issue, or get too upset about it. Our Ped has always told us between 27-36 months, and that has held true for my oldest kiddos, as well as many other people I know. I left it up to my kiddos, and they were both "learned" about 4-5 months before they were 3.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #19
Austinsmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Austins 3 and has ZERO interest in the potty and I don't really care when hes ready it will be easy and I'm not gonna force the issue before hes ready
Austinsmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:31 PM   #20
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jack turned 3 in January and he *just* started going on the potty 1 month ago. I just decided he was going to do it and I guess he was ready because he picked it up within a couple of days.