View Poll Results: Do many of you have 2 year olds PT
Yes 29 44.62%
NO 36 55.38%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2007, 02:43 PM   #31
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do others have 2 year olds not interested in PT

My son (also a Gavin - LOL!) was 3.5 before he PT'd - I thought I'd rip my hair out! He absolutely refused to use it, even though we tried just about everything. We ended up doing a "Potty Party" (google the title to see the book) and it worked well. He was daytime PT'd in about 2 weeks after the party and nighttime PT'd (he did it himself) about 2 months later. Good luck!

Advertisement

kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #32
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

My oldest was 3 when he PL'd. My youngest is 20 months and is no where near being PL'd (they are both boys). Boys are harder to PL because the are slower to mature. Really a 2yo boy shouldn't be expected to "get" using the potty. DOn't force the issue. As soon as a backed off of my oldest DS, he decided he wanted to try to use the potty. He has been PL'd ever since with no accidents.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #33
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DD is 29 months old and is not Pt'd. She'll use it sometimes but more often than not she pees on the floor. She also hides to poop And she'll tell you she's doing it if you ask but she doesn't want to go to the potty. I don't care. She'll do it when she's ready. The only thing that sucks is she has big girl poop and big girl poop stinks WAY worse than baby girl poop*blech*

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #34
jenmcfar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Every kid is different. I wouldn't worry about it and I wouldn't press the issue. All of my boys have PT AFTER 2.5 years. Most closer to 3 years.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:33 PM   #35
my2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My oldest was 3 yrs and about 3 months when he decided no more diapers. He just decided he wanted "nunies" and that was it. He potty trained in one day and we have never had an accident at night. I just never pushed the issue to much and he decided when it was time. He might have been a little slower due to his developmental delay issues but I still feel it was a decent age. My 27 month old tells me "pee pee" every time he sees the potty or we pass a bathroom in a store or something but he wont use it. I sit him down and he gets right up and runs away. When I stand him in front of his brothers Peter Potty urinal, he says "pee pee" looks at his penis and laughs and runs away. LOL but if I dont say anything to him, when he has to pee, hell run to the bathroom and stand at the doorway and pee into the bathroom on the floor. Good thing lenolium cleans up easily. I dont push it with him either and he will be starting his own therapy here soon. I know when he is ready, he will learn like his brother did. Maybe not as fast but he watches his brother ALL the time so I know he knows what to do.

Last edited by my2babyboys; 04-24-2007 at 11:35 PM.
my2babyboys is offline   Reply With Quote