Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Night Solutions for 7 Year Old??

Changing title....looking into cloth options for our 7 year old daughter....not wanting to spend a ton, but at this point anything is better than disposables and/or washing sheets every day...

Please let me know what worked for you, where you purchased and also how the sizing runs.... thank you

Advertisement

Last edited by nicolehedges; 02-21-2012 at 05:16 AM.
nicolehedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
FluffyBum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I know it's not a cover but Ladder Hill Designs on hyena cart makes some trainers that are stuffable that might make that size. She's got really cute designs but I'm not sure if you want to spend $18 for one but they are great!!
FluffyBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
MrsA08
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pull up covers for 7 year old?

I think Snap-Ez make some that size too
Old 02-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #4
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pull up covers for 7 year old?

I did find Happy Heiny makes a stuffable pull-up trainer and am leaning towards that because of price....does anyone havae suggestions as to how the sizing runs?

Thank you for the info on hyenacart....that price isn't too bad compared to some. I love motherease products, but thinkalmost $30 for their bedwetter pants is just crazy high!

Any other suggestions on night wetting solutions for the older kiddos???
Old 02-21-2012, 05:21 AM   #5
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Night Solutions for 7 Year Old??

I've been looking for a while myself. Superundies make an overnight cloth pull-up, I think, but it doesn't come in big enough sizes for my kids. I'm thinking about using their sort of design to try to make something myself. They have a PUL middle section with stretchy material on the sides so it can be pulled off and on. I guess you would make a soaker(s) to snap or lay in the middle. I'm just worried about finding something with enough absorbancy to hold everything! My kids semi-regularly soak through their disposables, and we're getting the expensive ones! Ugh. I can't wait until they outgrow this!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cricket~ View Post
I've been looking for a while myself. Superundies make an overnight cloth pull-up, I think, but it doesn't come in big enough sizes for my kids. I'm thinking about using their sort of design to try to make something myself. They have a PUL middle section with stretchy material on the sides so it can be pulled off and on. I guess you would make a soaker(s) to snap or lay in the middle. I'm just worried about finding something with enough absorbancy to hold everything! My kids semi-regularly soak through their disposables, and we're getting the expensive ones! Ugh. I can't wait until they outgrow this!
I am so ready for her to outgrow this also...I know it can be awhile though so we need to come up with something....I also thought about making something, but just am not finding the time right now. I am leaning toward the Happy Heiny right now...Melissa is running a sale today here:

http://shop.thegreenbabystore.com/Ha...y-Trainers.htm

I thought they were stuffable, but I guess not. I read that they run big so maybe they could be stuffed with a flat or prefold for more absorbancy???
Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 AM   #7
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks so much for the link! I just might give those a try.
There's a Canadian website called Wazoodle that sells a super-absorbant cloth called Zorb that I was thinking of using to make soakers/inserts. I understand it shouldn't be right against their skin, but I could sew a layer of flannel over top. It would make for a trimmer fit, I think, compared with a prefold. Here's the link for Wazoodle. I imagine there must be something comparable in the US, but I don't know what it is.
http://wazoodle.info/

By the way - for the sale at the shop you posted, do you need a coupon code or anything? Or is the price listed there ($15.95) the sale price?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Zorb is very nice!! You might look at bamboo fleece also. I use that for flats and it is super absorbent! It doesn't have to be hemmed since fleece doesn't fray. You just cut and use it! Super easy....

The code for her site is PRESIDENT I believe.....there is a post not too far down on here that she posted it on....

Keep me posted on what you decide
Old 02-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #9
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller

The Happy Heiny trainers are stuffable. I'd suggest getting one with snaps, though I guess it then looks more like a diaper. I had one without snaps, and didn't like stuffing it.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #10
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have this issue with my 8 yr old and he regularly wets through even goodnigthts grrr. I've been looking for a solution for years but seems all the options are hideously expensive I'm gonna watch and see what works for yall- share please