Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #111
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins Chat 2/20-2/26

Well i do not think I will get anything done around the house today. Need to take DD to the Dr today. She has had a fever and cough since Wednesday. Her Dr is 1 1/2 hours away, same town my Dr is in. What sucks is I have to go by myself with the kids cause everyone I know is working.

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #112
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
We're having crazy weather right now. Thunderstorms and tornado watch/warning - I hope things settle down in the next few weeks.

Not much going on here, no signs of labor (which is a good thing at only 36 weeks I suppose) but baby has been laying on my nerves or something because my hips kept hurting last night. Daily housework to do today and go eat with fil if it's not raining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaArizona View Post
It's crazy windy here and weird weather too!

I need to KEEP working on the hospital bag. I do think I got little mans things packed and my birthing gown packed for me (that I've worn all three labors so far ) but that's it. Need my nursing pads and bras and socks. My boppy pillow and the carseat is in the attic. Yikes. Must get those down.

My DH is a swingshift worker so I'm there with you mamas about worrying how it will be with 4 kiddies 5 and under when he's gone overnight.
His shifts are 6:30-7:00 either morning to night. Or night to morning. Yuck. He's on short turn around right now so we hardly see him. 3 straight days followed by three straight nights.
Plus I homeschool ODS and DD has dance class every Monday night. Eek. And I'm think poor YDS is going to be mega jealous when newbie comes. The other two are über excited! But YDS obviously (won't be 2 till June) has no idea anythings even about to change.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I was thinking about you guys last night. Everything went north of us, but our meteorologist was showing us what he'd consider some SUPER storm cells hitting northern TN and Kentucky.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #113
crunch!910
Registered Users

I'm really not forseeing this whole adding a baby to the mix thing going well. DS already punches me in the belly/baby when he's mad at me. What's he going to do to it when its out and taking up "his" attention!???? I won't be able to leave baby anywhere near him!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #114
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910
I'm really not forseeing this whole adding a baby to the mix thing going well. DS already punches me in the belly/baby when he's mad at me. What's he going to do to it when its out and taking up "his" attention!???? I won't be able to leave baby anywhere near him!
this is really my biggest concern too. My DD isn't a violent kid at all so I don't worry in that respect but I do worry she will be very sad. She is pretty sensitive and very attached to me, like I usually snuggle her for close to a half hour when she wakes from a nap, if I don't she is very weepy and emotional. I feel bad that I won't be able to give her the same attention (or that baby will have less attention)

Today I came over my sisters house and we are getting the birthing suite all set up! Totally scrubbed it from ceiling to floors, blew up the birth pool and laid it over shower curtains and a rug. Taking out the table from the room and setting up the server with all the supplies, we were going to get the bed made and ready too but we ended up needing both shower curtains for under the pool so I will have to pick up another curtain.

Can't believe Monday will be a week from my due date!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #115
JessicaArizona
Yes...we know what causes it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
When did you guys transition from crib to bed? What age?

Old 02-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #116
JessicaArizona
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I can't get OVER how soon it's going to be or some of you guys!!!! Soooooo close!

Eta: due dates I mean.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #117
crunch!910
Registered Users

We moved DS1 to toddler bed (put crib down and took off railing) about 15 months, and then moved him to actual toddler bed as soon as we found out we were pregnant.. I think he was 18months old then?

This should be our last, and I think with this one we'll be MORE than happy to leave him in the crib for as long as we possibly can.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #118
JessicaArizona
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910
We moved DS1 to toddler bed (put crib down and took off railing) about 15 months, and then moved him to actual toddler bed as soon as we found out we were pregnant.. I think he was 18months old then?

This should be our last, and I think with this one we'll be MORE than happy to leave him in the crib for as long as we possibly can.
Well that's just it. Lol our first kiddies were transitioned into toddler beds by 15-18 months. Our third will be 21 months next week and still happily sleeping in his crib and has never attempted to climb out. Yep. And we've been more than happy to keep him there. Sort of dreading the transition. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #119
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dd1 is 23 months and we hope to get her in her big bed within the next week or so. She has yet to climb out of her crib which is interesting because she loves to climb on anything and everything.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #120
JessicaArizona
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty
Dd1 is 23 months and we hope to get her in her big bed within the next week or so. She has yet to climb out of her crib which is interesting because she loves to climb on anything and everything.
Same here!!! He's been out biggest climber yet so I'm honestly shocked that he's never tried it!