Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #31
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins Chat 2/20-2/26

I'm still in this place where I'm terrified at the idea of two at a time...so he can stay inside for right now!
I'm sure that any midwife or doula would say that I need to work through that fear for labor to start, lol! But actually I really just want to take some maternity photos to remember this pregnancy- then I'll probably feel better letting it go/letting him out

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #32
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yeah thoughts of two after a day like today...

I'm sleeping in dd1s new bed hoping I don't catch what dh has. But my nose is stuffy and I just feel icky. Oh well, hoping for a better tomorrow.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #33
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dr stripped membranes today was 3cm 70%. If no baby I go back Monday and we will schedule for march 5th. Ate Mexican like she said...said have sex and castrol oil would help too.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #34
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

I too am stressing about having two!!
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #35
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm stressing about having 3 because I find myself yelling at my children more often, but I'm thinking it's just the pregnancy hormones that have affected my patience.

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:57 AM   #36
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I'm still in this place where I'm terrified at the idea of two at a time...so he can stay inside for right now!
I'm sure that any midwife or doula would say that I need to work through that fear for labor to start, lol! But actually I really just want to take some maternity photos to remember this pregnancy- then I'll probably feel better letting it go/letting him out
I'm a little bit nervous about 2, also. Some days it doesn't seem like it would be 'that much harder', but other days, I wonder. I HATE carrying the huge bucket infant carseats everywhere, especially when we go grocery shopping. I'm hoping I can get the hang of some good carriers, and learn to be able to just pop her into a carrier or sling from the car, and wear her around, instead of worrying about the carseat.

Another thing I dread is the diaper bag. It's been SO nice being able to go without a fully packed diaper bag everywhere. I still have to pack a pull-up, extra undies and pants (in case of an accident), sippy cup, small snack and possibly some small toys for DS when we go somewhere. But I can usually go without all that, or keep it in the car if needed. I already dread having to make a diaper bag with diapers, wipes, and anything needed for DD to carry with. Luckily I have a HUGE purse that should fit everything I need for both kids and myself, so it won't be like I'm carrying anything extra.

Hoping going from 1 to 2 isin't super hard. I've heard if you can do it, adding more kids is not that hard. I think 3 would be a stresser for me. Atleast with 2, we can each take care of 1 child. DS is a daddy's boy, so I don't really see any issues with DD coming into the picture.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #37
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I won't lie, 2 was difficult at first. It's a learning process- juggling your attention. I always say that two is harder than four, and that really has been my experience! Once you get used to having two, having a third or forth is a breeze (at least I feel it has been and a few of my other pals agree). I go all sorts of places with my four- grocery shopping, walk the mall, etc- without my husband. I'll do the same even when this one arrives, I'm sure. However, when I first had our second baby, grocery shopping with a newborn and a 21 month year old made me anxious and exhausted!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #38
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'll be going from 4 to 5...only thing I dread was the 4 were potty trained and self sufficient as far as feeding and all. Only thing was 4 yo ds cant dress hisself but 7 almost 8yo has been helping mommy since she's so big (dh leaves at 5am and doesn't get home til late sometimes so she's very helpful!!!) but we haven't carried a diaper bag in years or carseats so this should be fun esp grocery shopping...but hey it will work. Here is her face shot with hand in way though...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3701393218.jpg (7.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #39
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm also pretty nervous about adding #2, but I'm really trying really hard not to worry until we cross that bridge.
Fortunately DS will be nearly 3 and he doesn't need me quite as much for everything these days, but he is still very much a mommy's boy.
I worry about bed times when DH works nights since DS still needs someone to lay with him to fall asleep. Little things like that.

I also have to admit that I'm not crazy about the infant stage. Constant nursing, lack of sleep, always having another person attached to me, never having 10 minutes to myself... They're all selfish reasons, but it was overwhelming for me sometimes with just DS. I hope that I'm better able to cope this time around when I'm up at 3am with a screaming baby.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #40
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
Yeah thoughts of two after a day like today...

I'm sleeping in dd1s new bed hoping I don't catch what dh has. But my nose is stuffy and I just feel icky. Oh well, hoping for a better tomorrow.
Girl, you need to start sending your hubby to work in a bubble if he's going to keep bringing this junk home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnmomto3 View Post
Dr stripped membranes today was 3cm 70%. If no baby I go back Monday and we will schedule for march 5th. Ate Mexican like she said...said have sex and castrol oil would help too.
If your body's ready it shouldn't be long! Keep us updated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
I'm stressing about having 3 because I find myself yelling at my children more often, but I'm thinking it's just the pregnancy hormones that have affected my patience.
Hahaha! My more mellow DH is the one that seems to be more on edge right now, while I've really started to mellow out and pick my battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
I'm a little bit nervous about 2, also. Some days it doesn't seem like it would be 'that much harder', but other days, I wonder. I HATE carrying the huge bucket infant carseats everywhere, especially when we go grocery shopping. I'm hoping I can get the hang of some good carriers, and learn to be able to just pop her into a carrier or sling from the car, and wear her around, instead of worrying about the carseat.

Another thing I dread is the diaper bag. It's been SO nice being able to go without a fully packed diaper bag everywhere. I still have to pack a pull-up, extra undies and pants (in case of an accident), sippy cup, small snack and possibly some small toys for DS when we go somewhere. But I can usually go without all that, or keep it in the car if needed. I already dread having to make a diaper bag with diapers, wipes, and anything needed for DD to carry with. Luckily I have a HUGE purse that should fit everything I need for both kids and myself, so it won't be like I'm carrying anything extra.

Hoping going from 1 to 2 isin't super hard. I've heard if you can do it, adding more kids is not that hard. I think 3 would be a stresser for me. Atleast with 2, we can each take care of 1 child. DS is a daddy's boy, so I don't really see any issues with DD coming into the picture.
Yes, you need a good carrier!! It was the best thing I ever could've done when it came to errands. I would nurse DS2 at home then we'd head to the grocery store at morning nap time. I'd put him in the BBII and normally I'd have about 45 minutes to an hour to get my shopping done and get back out to the car b/f I needed to nurse again. It was sooo nice to have my hands free and not be lugging that big carseat in and out taking up room in my buggy. And I feel ya on the diaper bag. I just have a big purse as well and keep most my stash in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMandy View Post
I won't lie, 2 was difficult at first. It's a learning process- juggling your attention. I always say that two is harder than four, and that really has been my experience! Once you get used to having two, having a third or forth is a breeze (at least I feel it has been and a few of my other pals agree). I go all sorts of places with my four- grocery shopping, walk the mall, etc- without my husband. I'll do the same even when this one arrives, I'm sure. However, when I first had our second baby, grocery shopping with a newborn and a 21 month year old made me anxious and exhausted!
Oh, I hope so!! I go everywhere with my two as well. In fact our normal Monday includes grocery shopping, eating out together, running errands, etc and I've got it down to a science. I hope I can add one or two more to that mix without too much trouble/stress.