Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:
Oh ick, ick, ick, EEEEEEW!!!

So I was going through some of the junk that came home with DD from the hospital... and in there were two sample NB sposies I briefly set aside when I threw the rest out (don't ask me why, I have no idea what my intent was, but they were new, unused, I didn't want to just toss 'em).

Fast forward a few hours... the washer was free, and the down comforter needed to be washed...so I went and grabbed it, and tossed it in the wash. When it was done, I pulled it out.. and there was this curious bit of plasticy fabric stuff.... then I pulled the rest of the blanket out.. and you guessed it.. there were the remains of those two sposies... they were well past the "exploded" stage... no gel beads anywhere to be seen, which I suppose was a good thing (I didn't want to have to wash the blanket again, I had other laundry to be done!), but now they're all in my poor septic tank!

Advertisement

EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
Termie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Oh ick, ick, ick, EEEEEEW!!!

I forget what you can run through your washer if the gel gets in there... maybe whatever it is (a quick google search ought to come up with it) you could dump down your sink or potty to eat up any gook in your septic. ???
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #3
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

I'm not terribly worried... it was only two teensie diapers, afterall... not like a toddler sized sposie!
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #4
Termie
Registered Users
seller

true... just the thought of all that gel under my yard. ick ick ick! Seems like if you fill a sposie no matter it's size it'll hold 3-4times what I'd expect... and an exploded one YUCK!!
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote