Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

Started supplementing and now she's refusing milk!

About a month ago I started introducing formula to my DD since my supply is decreasing and I'm okay with weaning at this point. At my LC's suggestion, I gradually started adding formula to the breastmilk. Last week we were up to 1/2 formula 1/2 breastmilk and all of a sudden she is refusing the bottle at daycare. She has been really fussy and crying at her feedings which is totally out of the ordinary.

She is nursing fine at home and takes a small bottle of breastmilk at daycare in the morning fine. She is very interested in eating solids. I'm not really sure what to do about this. She will be 10 months old this week, so she still needs breastmilk/formula. I don't know if I should cut back on the formula again or maybe just go cold turkey with all formula in a small bottle.

She's tiny and we've had feeding issues in the past, but I thought she was doing better. I plan on calling my LC tomorrow, but in the meantime, any advice is appreciated!

Advertisement

kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
OHIOFIFI
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Started supplementing and now she's refusing milk!

What kind of formula are you using? We give DS formula if he goes to the sitter's and needs a bottle. He is dairy sensitive and most of the standard formulas are milk based so we had been giving him soy. Turns out, he is soy sensitive too. We started him on Similac alimentum at Dr suggestion. You may want to try a different formula to see if that is an issue.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are using enfamil. We used that with DD1 when she weaned and to supplement DD2 as a newborn. This might sound stupid, but wouldn't a dairy allergy have presented itself sooner? I take in quite a bit of dairy. Thanks!
kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
OHIOFIFI
Registered Users
seller
seller

try this link, it has info for nursing but I would imagine the info would be helpful for bottle feeding - http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...e-nursing.html.

I would think a dairy sensitivity would have shown itself by now, too. And if she tolerated the formula as a newbie, I would doubt it is the formula now. Hopefully it is something as simple as teething or a growth spurt. Good luck