Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Bleach and fitteds with knit print

Am pretty sure DS has a yeast rash, he is on amoxicillin and the rash popped up out of nowhere after a poop the other day, every time I think we have conquered it he poops again and it's back! Grrr.... They should prescribe nystatin with antibiotics!

Well, yesterday I used all of our nice fitteds coverless hoping that airflow would help, I did wash last night but realized this morning if it is yeast I have it confined to that load, so I want to treat it. I don't have TTO or GSE extract and can't go out because my daughter is sick now too.

Can I use bleach without ruining all of my nicest WAHM diapers?? I want to put 1/8 cup in the load, if I dilute it first can I avoid getting bleach spots?

Thanks!

Advertisement

RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bleach and fitteds with knit print

I have bleached a couple times after yucky stomach bugs. I have an all OS fitted stash.

what I do is put in my regular detergent & 1/4 c bleach. Then I let the washer fill about 1/2 way before I add the diapers (I have a top loader). I don't have any problems w/ bleach spots.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bleach is fine just don't dump it in there on top of the diapers. I usually add it to the dispenser or to the water before I put them in. Also I always give a daily probiotic when on antibiotics to avoid the diarrhea and yeast in the first place.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
bubbaloubaby
Registered Users
seller

yup bleach is fine to use i dont do anything special with the washer i use bleach in my prerinse that way i dont have to wash a million times to get the smell out (if i do bleach in my main wash i still smell bleach) i just put it in the beach/softener dispenser. no need to wait for the washer to fill up or to put the diapers in
Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Well, I have a generic top load with no features so I filled it half way and tossed the diapers in, they are in a second cold wash now.

Usually yogurt overload is enough when on antibiotics but it wasn't this time... I actually have not had DS on anything before. Well, he is in BioSoakers and I need to get to the store for lotrimin (I cheered DS mamas when the nurse at the doctor suggested it! She suggested I combine it with desitin, but I will use my Weleda instead!) but DD has been sick too!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the help! The diapers look perfect! Now.... We'll see how they do in a few days when I get him healed up and am brave enough to put one back on him!!