Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #11
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat: Wednesday, Feb 22

oops double post

Advertisement

Last edited by MomdeIsla; 02-22-2012 at 06:53 AM.
MomdeIsla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #12
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon--I'll have to check out the papaya pills.....the idea of drinking ACV & honey right now is not appealing....course its not appealing...EVER! LOL.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #13
faithandhope
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm living off Ginger Candy it really helps with the nausea !
faithandhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #14
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Kim: We told most of our family already but only because we knew the babies would spill the beans without us!
Hey! Your younger two are just days apart from my younger two. My 3yr old is 11/7/08 and my 1 yr old is 9/12/10. D
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #15
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kim: That's funny about their birthdays!

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #16
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

If we were trying to hid it though, my babies would totally be able to keep a secret...they don't have the ability to say it anyway. My 3 yr old probably just has enough language to understand when I tell her I am having a baby (and we haven't tried to explain it to them) but the 1 yr old there's no way. And I am pretty sure my 3 yr old could not produce enough language yet to tell anyone else she's going to have a new sibling. I am not sure she knows the difference between Sissy as a name and sissy as a noun, if that makes sense. Like Sissy is my oldest's "name" as much as Caiti is lol.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #17
GooseBella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomdeIsla View Post
DH & I aren't telling anyone IRL until around 12 weeks (hopefully since I'm not super skinny no one will be able to tell before hand). We've had a few losses (those from the TTC 30+ know this) so this is why.

I've had a few smell adversions and middle of the day sleepiness, and really bad heartburn. W/ DD I had heartburn before the test was pos! not looking forward to that part. LOL

I need to call and make my 1st apt....making sure the bean stuck first.
I can't imagine having heartburn the whole pregnancy... it was bad enough having it the last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhernandez View Post
I'm contemplating never telling anyone in real life

It's kinda mean but I want to see how long it takes people to work up the courage to ask. Hhahaha. Our parents and siblings will find out after we see a h/b. But everyone else... nah.
I won't lie when asked though. I wonder how long it will take me to show . I'm short and thin. DH swears he sees something now at 7w5d but I swear either he's making things up or I'm bloated.

BTW There's a November 2012 babies thread up
You crack me up Alice! I could probably get away with not telling anyone but we've told our family and our Small Group at church and they are all already wondering we when we are going public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymdenise View Post
I suddenly pooched out yesterday. I had to do the rubber ban thing to my jeans! My appointment for my US is in a little over an hour. I'm so nervous.
So excited for you. I hope you have a great appt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
Morning all!

I totally know what you mean about "sleep hangover." It's like you slept good, but still not enough regardless of how long you actually slept.

My first appointment is still weeks away. I will be about 6wks on Friday, but I still have until 3/14 until my first appointment, it's killing me to wait that long.

We already went and told everyone. It makes me nervous to do so, but we are excited, I don't like trying to continue to hide it, and I don't really have any history of losses.
I don't know if I could wait that long.... though I was surprised my MW wanted to see me at 4 weeks. They just do bloodwork and family history and then schedule you for an U/S at 7-8 weeks and then another appt with the MW. Good luck with the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilkek View Post
I am sooo nauseous this morning. Yuck. My arm, where I got my flu shot yesterday, woke me up a couple of times last night. I know this blah feeling comes with the territory, but I'm not quite sure how to make it through the days right now. I have to get stuff done, but have no energy and I usually cook dinner by what I feel like making and I don't feel like making anything.

ETA: I'm not going to be able to keep this a secret for very long feeling this bad.
I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly this morning... I never get the flu shot, it always makes me sick. I figure if I'm going to be sick anyway then I don't really need the shot for that.. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo View Post
Alice: I'm so sleepy too. More and more everyday. Yesterday I woke up and the first thing I said was, "I'm going to take a nap today" but I didn't because I needed to sew while the babies were resting. Then when Kevin got home I asked him if there was anyway to play with the babies after dinner in a way that I could lay down. HA! I ended up just taking a shower (by myself!) and then helping him put them all to bed.

I'm short too but have some leftover from the last three in 4 years so I think I'll be able to hide it for a bit longer. I think it's funny that you want to make others guess. Isn't there a rule about that? LOL

I have NO idea when I'm going to have an appointment. I still haven't started actively looking for a midwife. I had my last two at home but one was in Michigan and though Charlene was born here in Ohio we moved home last minute and I had to find a midwife. I ended up not liking her but stuck with her because of how far along I was. I need to really start looking. Hmmm, perhaps I'll do that today.

I have a mountain of laundry to fold. I really need to get in gear today.
I hope your search for a MW goes well. There is nothing better than finding the perfect MW/OB to put you at ease during a pregnancy.

Jenny: I hope your thigh is feeling better this morning. I can't imagine being in that much pain on top of feeling ill.

AFM: Was able to sleep in until 9am today because DH was home. Was a little pukey feeling but once I ate breakfast it was gone. This keeps surprising me that I feel so good because I was so miserable with DD. I'm not going to complain though. Maybe it means this one is a boy. We'll see only 9 months to wait. We have told family and our small group at church that we are expecting but I don't want to tell anyone else to at least at weeks but would prefer 12 weeks... I just don't think DH can wait that long. We'll see... I don't think I will start showing very soon because I have baby belly left over from DD so it will take people to realize that belly is growing.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #18
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
Wow I get on here at 7:30 & there are already 2 pages! I'm sorry I can respond to everyone. I hope everyone feels better as the day progresses. Heartburn for the whole pregnancy would be awful :-(

I feel you all on the sleep hangover. I slept 8 hours (minus the 4 times I got up to pee) and I'm still tired. I'm hoping to squeeze in a workout before work because that can help my energy or it used to. I just can't wait for the week to be over. 2 more full days & a 1/2 day Friday then WEEKEND!!! I have had this major itch to clean but I can't because by the time I'm off work it's daunting.

As for showing I feel like I'm just bloated. I know my boobs are huge because my bras as NOT comfy. I am tall (5'8" & 198lbs) I do have a little belly already but I'm sure once baby grows, so will I.
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #19
Caroline11009
Registered Users

My Mood:
Any tips on good bras to get for the ever growing boobs? I was thinking of a bunch of sports bras because at least I have room to grow.
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #20
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Feeling pretty queasy this morning, which is really strange for me this early. Hoping it's just a fluke morning...if not, it's going to be a long 1st trimester.

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote