Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:
recipe for boneless skinless chicken?

I have a 12 oz package of chicken thawing for dinner tonight. We have 3 food eaters in the family and I would like to have enough for lunch for DH tomorrow. I do have pasta and rice on hand as well as fresh broccoli, COM soup, bread, eggs, frozen fillo dough, frozen green beans, canned black/kidney beans, cheese, cream cheese, fresh mushrooms, a little parmesean cheese, and other basic ingredients and spices. Any ideas for a non boring but not too hard to make dinner? No time for crockpot so would have to be stovetop or oven.

Advertisement

Last edited by Hands&Fire Pottery; 02-22-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Chicken spaghetti, Yum!
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: recipe for boneless skinless chicken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclanof6 View Post
Chicken spaghetti, Yum!
Is this he one?
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...icken_spaghet/\

ETA: made it-yum! Thanks so much- always nice to have another recipe everyone likes!

Last edited by Hands&Fire Pottery; 02-22-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry, didn't check back til now! I don't use a recipe, I kinda wing it. I boil my chicken with onion, celery and carrots, then take the chicken and veggies out and about a cup-1 1/14 cups of the broth. Cook the spaghetti in the broth. While it's cooking, pour the remaining broth into a pan, I add a can of ro-tel (you can use mild, or just omit if you want but i've always added it) and then some velveeta to it. I keep it simple, once the noodles are done, then I pour the sauce over and serve.
I have been know on occasion to put the veggies in the blender until they are pureed and add them back in. I always do it when I make my own gravy! Makes it soooo yummy!
ETA: I just looked at the recipe you posted, I guess it's nothing like how I make it! I only use chicken breast, I don't like dark meat. I also don't use any cream of soups, both my parents have HBP so I like to control how much sodium and fat goes into my stuff (super easy to make though!) You can also mix in grated cheese instead of the velveeta, but I always have it on hand for when the kids want mac n cheese.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm

Last edited by myclanof6; 02-27-2012 at 02:36 PM.
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclanof6 View Post
Sorry, didn't check back til now! I don't use a recipe, I kinda wing it. I boil my chicken with onion, celery and carrots, then take the chicken and veggies out and about a cup-1 1/14 cups of the broth. Cook the spaghetti in the broth. While it's cooking, pour the remaining broth into a pan, I add a can of ro-tel (you can use mild, or just omit if you want but i've always added it) and then some velveeta to it. I keep it simple, once the noodles are done, then I pour the sauce over and serve.
I have been know on occasion to put the veggies in the blender until they are pureed and add them back in. I always do it when I make my own gravy! Makes it soooo yummy!
ETA: I just looked at the recipe you posted, I guess it's nothing like how I make it! I only use chicken breast, I don't like dark meat. I also don't use any cream of soups, both my parents have HBP so I like to control how much sodium and fat goes into my stuff (super easy to make though!) You can also mix in grated cheese instead of the velveeta, but I always have it on hand for when the kids want mac n cheese.
Thanks for your recipe too...I had never heard of chicken spaghetti before!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
TripleAmommy
Registered Users
seller

I would just chop the chicken, and stirfry it with the broccoli. Serve over rice. Yes, that's boring, but it's easy and healthy.
TripleAmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Crockpot chicken and dumplings are very good . Its on the crockpot365 blog
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote