Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
BB&J
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Out of the mouth of my Preschooler...

I just had to share this story with people who'd would actually "get it", besides DH I have very little support (IRL) of my parenting choices, today this was highlighted, at storytime, of all places...

Today's story theme was about babies. The teacher started out asking the kids if they had a baby at home, to which my DS said "no he's with me" pointing to his bother in his mei tai...

Question #2 "Where does you baby sleep? Not in a big bed, Right?" The "proper" response was A CRIB, but DS quickly debated that with, "My baby sleeps with Mommy and Daddy in their Big bed"

Question #3 "What does your baby like to eat?" To this they wanted Bottles, but DS informed everyone that "Joshie No like bottles, he only likes mommy.(hey, they asked, he answered!)

Question #4 "Have you ever helped mommy change a stinky, yucky diaper and throw it away?" This puzzeled him because and he leaned over and said " We no throw away our diapers..." and of course, once again corrected the teacher.

We were NOT the teacher pet this week! But I am pretty proud that DS is such a little advocate, and is not afraid to say so...

Vickie

Advertisement

BB&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
Adinanna'sMomma
Registered Users
seller

That is awesome!!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Re: Out of the mouth of my Preschooler...

I love it! Although I find it sad that they don't see that there are other way of raising kids! I hope my child is willing to argue with the teacher like yours!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
teachermommy35
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So cute! My 4 year old is my biggest advocate. He tells people who stare at me while I am nursing .... Hey its natural! Lions do it too! Then proceeds to name every animal that nurses their baby. Kids are the best!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Awesome and an awesome job raising a smart kiddo.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
PiecesOfKate
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cute!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
BB&J
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers View Post
I love it! Although I find it sad that they don't see that there are other way of raising kids! I hope my child is willing to argue with the teacher like yours!
I found it very sad. I am pretty sure she rolled her eyes after class when I ask about the homeschooling book from Cathy Duffy.

DS and I had a long talk about normal vs. common, as the teacher referred to her answers as "normally...babies sleep in cribs, normally....babies like bottles...normally we throw away our diapers... I left proud of DS, but the more I think about it the angry I get. DS just turned 3, so I don't think he knew we weren't normal, he just thought she had the wrong answers!!!
BB&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Normal? Look around the world - North America is the odd man out in child raising - the rest of the world does things "normal" we do things strange.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
mamIIboys
Registered Users
seller
seller

After nursing in front of my DS (8) uncovered for months I had a thought that maybe he was uncomfortable by it when we were at my sisters due to my DH leaving the room when my sister was nursing. When DH left the room he called DS to go with him. DS asked what Dad wanted & Dad said Aunti was going to nurse Maddie. DS said "so" but followed. When they came back in I asked DS if me or Aunti nursing uncovered in front of him made him uncomfortable. He replied "no, I know thats how babys eat". I was SOOO proud.

My DS (5) keeps asking why I cover DD up when she eats when we're out (I only do this when out with DH or if I'm not wearing a nursing shirt). I've tried to expain that some people are uncomfortable so I do it for them. His reply has been why, she's so cute when she's eating & then pulls the cover away so he can look at her . . .lol.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

omg I'm sooo stealing this for my crunchy mama's group.. hope you don't mind!!
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote