Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #41
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pregnant after TTC while Breastfeeding! *February-March*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Marie--my ds is not quite weaned yet, but he also does the hand in the shirt routine. Haven't quite figured out how to deal with that yet. He's never been willing to take a substitute like a lovey. he's just a boob guy, lol.

Sweet little guy Steph! Love the woolies too.
Same problem. He's addicted to the boobs.
No lovies at all ever tempted him. No pacis would ever be good enough.

He'd just look at me like "this is NOT what I ordered!!!" and scream til he got a boobie.

He still tells me my boobies are yummy and will ARGUE with me that they are his *sigh*

Advertisement

Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #42
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Spent 2 hours at the gym today (do it every M-W-F) and I just gotta say:

I started out very fat. Borderline obese. I weigh 165 give or take a pound or so of water weight on a daily basis---have weighed this ever since I started birth control in 2002. I fight off a bit of weight when I'm off BC, but as soon as I start back, it comes back and it takes FOREVER to lose it. I've never managed to lose it after I stopped using Mirena after Smidget was born (had it 2009-2010). I have been pregnant 4 times since I had it out, so I haven't been able to diet or exercise like I want when pregnant because I'm high risk, so I've stayed at that same weight range for years now.

I've been going to the gym every week 3x a week for 2 months and haven't lost but maybe 2lbs or so. And I haven't noticed a significant change in the way my clothes fit or anything either. I think my stomach is toning up very very slightly, but not much. I think I'm in the "gaining muscle" stage of things, and its frustrating because I want to see results NOW!!!

BUT---despite not seeing weight or inches falling off, I'm seeing one big change. MY RUN TIME! When I started, my nearly obese asthmatic self could "run" a mile in 19 minutes and change. Pathetic!!! I was struggling to keep it under 20!!! Embarassing to admit that thats how slow I was.

Today, I did it in 13:59. And I did NOT want to die after!
I did 3 minutes of walking to warm up.
I ran for 4 minutes.
I walked for 3 minutes.
I ran for 2 minutes.
I walked for a minute or so, but I ran in the last .1 mile and barely beat 14 minutes!

I can't believe how much better I have gotten in 2 months of 3x a week running. Still not fast (my goal is 11 minutes and then to increase distance til I get to 3 miles at an 11min/mile pace).

Ideally, I'd like to weight 120-125. So, 40lbs to go! I was 180 at my peak in 2006 when I graduated college. I recently went down from a size 14 jean to a size 12 in December/January after my belly went down after Deagan and I was forgetting to eat. I lost 10lbs then (175 to 165) just from not remembering to cook things for myself. But I haven't lost anything since. I'm thinking its time to cut out some carbs and eat less in the evenings ---I love carbs, so its gonna be hard to cut back, but I KNOW they're awful for you! If only I didn't like hard sourdough pretzels so much

And then I came home and gardened until 7pm. And the plants fought back with pollen, so I'm nursing an awful sinus headache with a double dose of claritin, some XS Tylenol, and some ice water.

G'night! Just figured I'd share a pointless post since we want to keep this thread alive
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #43
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's an encouraging post, Marie! (How is weaning Smidgen from the boob-hold going?) I've been attempting to exercise for nearly a month now, but not nearly as often as I should. My goal was three times a week, and it was a GOOD week if I did that. My new goal is five times a week so then if I hit 3 times, we can still call it good. I've been doing a video that has NOT gotten any easier so far, for either me OR for DH, but your post is encouraging me to keep going and eventually it will happen.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #44
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
That's an encouraging post, Marie! (How is weaning Smidgen from the boob-hold going?) I've been attempting to exercise for nearly a month now, but not nearly as often as I should. My goal was three times a week, and it was a GOOD week if I did that. My new goal is five times a week so then if I hit 3 times, we can still call it good. I've been doing a video that has NOT gotten any easier so far, for either me OR for DH, but your post is encouraging me to keep going and eventually it will happen.
What video are you doing?
And if you do one thing too much, you plateau. So do a different video every month. You can cycle back to the other one after a few weeks, but its a good idea to do 3 diffferent ones (or one that has a few different routines, like P90X, Insanity, etc).

I run for 20 mins, elliptical or cycle for 15 minutes, then lift weights (arms/abs on Mon---legs/abs on Wed---abs/core on Friday).

My hubby is a HUGE fitness freak and my BFF's hubby is a personal trainer, so I can get tips from them any time...I just wish that my BFF's hubby was living with me to kick me in the shins when I start eating carbs carbs carbs

Old 03-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #45
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnant after TTC while Breastfeeding! *April-May*

Good for you Marie! I find sticking to any sort of work-out very difficult. I have LOs as my excuse, but I found having the motivation hard even when I was single! I'm much better at taking a class. . .I need to competition or something and if I've already paid for a month of classes I'll actually go. Course that ain't happening right now. sigh. I had a p.t. coming to my house twice a week after the stroke and that was great, esp. all the core work which helped my pp body a lot. But that only lasted 6 weeks. We do have an elliptical and I am up to all of ten minutes on the thing. sigh. I try to walk a lot, but dd isn't loving the stroller and I'm not strong enough to BW much yet. We got a Phil& Ted's stroller, so when dd can tolerate it should be great for long walks with the two kiddos. ds didn't like the stroller either till he could sit up on his own and look around. Neither of them like the car seat. Just want to be held, not that I mind too much.

Anywho. .. had to wear a heart moniter for the past month in an effort to find the cause of my stroke. That was a pain, glad it's done. We'll see what the Dr has to say. I have a follow up with the neurologist in a few weeks. I'll be doing a butt-load of blood-work again. (In the hospital the seriously took dozens of vials of blood. ugh. My arms were so sore from that and the i.v.s. . .and then I had the epi and a cath, so looked like Frankenstein with all these tubes coming out of me.) But I need to redo much of the blood work, now that I'm not pg and not immediately PP. Gotta see how my blood clotting factors are looking and check back on my anemia from my PP hemorrhage.

On a more related topic, BFing is going so much smoother this time! yay. But I have had to, once again, cut out dairy and this time, coffee too. sigh. I could really use some ice cream and coffee these days. ds is still BFing to fall asleep and when he wakes in the morning, even though it's not much, it's been hard emotionally. . .I don't know how to explain it, but when I look at him BFing now he seems like a grown man. . .and I have these almost negative feelings about BFing him now. It's sad, but I suppose it's pretty natural to feel that the tiny baby should be the one getting the milk.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #46
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Good for you Marie! I find sticking to any sort of work-out very difficult. I have LOs as my excuse, but I found having the motivation hard even when I was single! I'm much better at taking a class. . .I need to competition or something and if I've already paid for a month of classes I'll actually go. Course that ain't happening right now. sigh. I had a p.t. coming to my house twice a week after the stroke and that was great, esp. all the core work which helped my pp body a lot. But that only lasted 6 weeks. We do have an elliptical and I am up to all of ten minutes on the thing. sigh. I try to walk a lot, but dd isn't loving the stroller and I'm not strong enough to BW much yet. We got a Phil& Ted's stroller, so when dd can tolerate it should be great for long walks with the two kiddos. ds didn't like the stroller either till he could sit up on his own and look around. Neither of them like the car seat. Just want to be held, not that I mind too much.

Anywho. .. had to wear a heart moniter for the past month in an effort to find the cause of my stroke. That was a pain, glad it's done. We'll see what the Dr has to say. I have a follow up with the neurologist in a few weeks. I'll be doing a butt-load of blood-work again. (In the hospital the seriously took dozens of vials of blood. ugh. My arms were so sore from that and the i.v.s. . .and then I had the epi and a cath, so looked like Frankenstein with all these tubes coming out of me.) But I need to redo much of the blood work, now that I'm not pg and not immediately PP. Gotta see how my blood clotting factors are looking and check back on my anemia from my PP hemorrhage.

On a more related topic, BFing is going so much smoother this time! yay. But I have had to, once again, cut out dairy and this time, coffee too. sigh. I could really use some ice cream and coffee these days. ds is still BFing to fall asleep and when he wakes in the morning, even though it's not much, it's been hard emotionally. . .I don't know how to explain it, but when I look at him BFing now he seems like a grown man. . .and I have these almost negative feelings about BFing him now. It's sad, but I suppose it's pretty natural to feel that the tiny baby should be the one getting the milk.
Check out your local YMCA---FREE daycare with your paid family membership. And they will take care of the little ones for you too...including holding! I see little babies in there all the time. The staff is checked out closely by the Y and you are only leaving them for an hour or so---and you're still in the building with a pager if the kids need you!!! My membershp is $70/month but I can take all the regular classes for free, have free daycare, and get to use the equipment, pool, etc all I want!

As for the stroke---let us know how the bloodwork comes back. I hpoe they find a cause! Good luck!

And for BFing---sounds like a natural thing to me. I'm glad its going easier and try to not give yourself a hard time about feeling weird with older DS. it happens and if you want to keep going, I'm sure it will get better over time.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #47
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverNHS View Post
What video are you doing?
And if you do one thing too much, you plateau. So do a different video every month. You can cycle back to the other one after a few weeks, but its a good idea to do 3 diffferent ones (or one that has a few different routines, like P90X, Insanity, etc).
The "main" one I'm doing is Jillian's 30-day Shred. It has three different workouts on it. I also have her Frontside and Backside "for beginners" videos (but those are just as hard for me right now, lol). My "ideal plan" is to do the Shred three times a week, and then do the front and back side videos on the other three days, doing the fronts one week and the backs the next week. And even in those videos, they show an "easy" way and a "hard" way to do the exercises, too. (And someone recommended this one to me, too, and I'm thinking of having that on hand as well.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #48
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
The "main" one I'm doing is Jillian's 30-day Shred. It has three different workouts on it. I also have her Frontside and Backside "for beginners" videos (but those are just as hard for me right now, lol). My "ideal plan" is to do the Shred three times a week, and then do the front and back side videos on the other three days, doing the fronts one week and the backs the next week. And even in those videos, they show an "easy" way and a "hard" way to do the exercises, too. (And someone recommended this one to me, too, and I'm thinking of having that on hand as well.

I'm confused. The 30DS does total-body...so why not just do only that? Just stick to the plan. It intensifies itself and will prevent plateau. Why not stick to it and if you miss a day, go back to it the next day. the system you have seems complicated unnecessarily. Sticking with one will make you feel more accomplished too because you can go through and FINISH a program---not much feels better than that in the world of fitness.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #49
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Because I get bored easily? I dunno. And apparently I'm doing the 30DS "wrong" since I've heard that I'm supposed to do the first workout for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days, then level 3 for 10 days. But I'm still stuck on level 1 and unable to get through THAT, so I don't feel like it's right for me to move to level 2 yet. It doesn't feel like a self-contained program for me anymore and certainly isn't doing the "miraculous body transformation" like I naively thought it would. Also, the 30DS is missing some muscles, like the triceps, and the Front side and Back side does have those, so that's another reason why I want to do something in addition to the Thirty-Plus Day Shred. Maybe doing the additional workouts won't "do anything" for me, but the Shred by itself isn't "doing anything" for me, either, so what have I got to lose?
Old 03-31-2012, 01:56 AM   #50
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Because I get bored easily? I dunno. And apparently I'm doing the 30DS "wrong" since I've heard that I'm supposed to do the first workout for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days, then level 3 for 10 days. But I'm still stuck on level 1 and unable to get through THAT, so I don't feel like it's right for me to move to level 2 yet. It doesn't feel like a self-contained program for me anymore and certainly isn't doing the "miraculous body transformation" like I naively thought it would. Also, the 30DS is missing some muscles, like the triceps, and the Front side and Back side does have those, so that's another reason why I want to do something in addition to the Thirty-Plus Day Shred. Maybe doing the additional workouts won't "do anything" for me, but the Shred by itself isn't "doing anything" for me, either, so what have I got to lose?
30 DS is SO challenging. Try level 2. It'll kick your butt but you can take little rests. Level two has a ton of plank exercises that will work your tris and back. When I completed level 3 I could easily bust out 20 girl push ups and actually do a few legit mitary push ups! I had toned arms and the ONLY thing I did was 30 DS. I know it seems limited but the other levels are so much better and work your whole body.