Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #61
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnant after TTC while Breastfeeding! *April-May*

quick--you look GREAT! way to go! wow, complex plan of yours. sigh. sucks when these things have to get so complex doesn't it. I know exactly what you mean about a diagnosis instead of just being left hanging. They pretty much left me with, "well apparently your body doesn't like pg for some unknown reason, but as long as you aren't pg you're probably fine." um, okay. I'm on the constant baby aspirin too and IF i ever get pg again, it's probably the Lovenox for me. I'll be curious to know about the fibroids and your uterus. . .I hope it's not that b/c that sounds like an awful lot of surgery/recovery. . .
I feel like there is so so much they just don't know or never check for. Both my babies came out with there heads tilted, add to that back labor an intense tail-bone pain for months after labor and I think my uterus sits at a funky angle or something. Or my pelvic bones are misaligned. Of course I can't get a Dr to even care about this, but after two labors/babies with the exact same thing, I wonder.
I have a friend IRL who has had three loses this year and she is now on the baby aspirin and a suspected clotting issue. I wish they could just do a full work-up on all women who plan to ttc!
anyway quick. . .you've been through so much. . .

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #62
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

Hi ladies! Boy do I miss you all. I don't hang out here very often, mostly because I feel sad to come here and not talk about ttc. Not that we are ttc right now, I'm not sure how to explain it... I just miss TTC and pregnancy with the TTC while BF'ing crew.

Lucy - Since I have been away I did not know until now that you had your baby girl. I am all choked up over here. Congratulations mama! It is so wonderful that you have a new squish to enjoy. Many blessings to your family.

Andrea - I hope your move is going well and you got all that craziness straightened out with the utilities. I just keep thinking of the post you had somewhere about heating little tiny bowls of water in the microwave to take baths with. :lol:

Marie - You. Look. AWESOME! You are an inspiration to me. I just started jog/walking last week and although there are no quick results I can already jog for longer intervals than I did the first day. It is so cool to see your pics. I am hoping to get back to 150/size 8 soon. I am already down from 16ish to 12, so that makes me see the goal a little clearer. Congrats on doing it! Working out and eating better is hard when you really like pretzels. Your ttc plan looks good and I hope you have peace about whatever news you get from the RE. We did IVF to get our BFP with ds1, and we never did get a definitive answer as to what was causing all of our troubles. I do have a T-shaped uterus, blockage on right side showed on the HSG, DH had "ok" sperm. Who knows. But we went on to conceive without help after that, so to my mind anything is possible. Praying for a rainbow for you.

Lucinda - I am really happy to hear that you are fully recovered from your stroke. What a crazy scary thing. I actually thought of you yesterday while we were out at a bbq/pool get together to see our friends and godson on Long Island. Our close friends sister was really quiet (their mom died of cancer in April) so I kind of puller her aside and asked her how she is doing. She looked closely at me and then asked me if I knew she had a stroke the week after the funeral! No, our friend totally forgot to mention it to us. What a scary thing for a mom of young children to experience. I thought of you right away and was really hoping you were doing well. So, I am glad to hear everything is good.

AFM - I have settled into life with two kiddos pretty well. My pregnancy was a little rough, but I had an awesome labor and delivery. After having pre-term labor again for about 8 weeks, baby Andrew Nicholas was born on 3/2. Time is flying by and he is a total second child, growing up WAY too fast. Breastfeeding is going well too, and I hope to TTc while bf'ing again one day, although not anytime soon. I am happy to wait this time. I was really surprised by how strongly I felt I wanted another baby right after Andrew was born. It was actually stronger for those first few weeks than it is now. DH feels conflicted on the issue, and I am at peace right now to just go with the flow (or lack there of), pun totally intended. I am really enjoying breastfeeding because I am just not uncomfortable with doing it in front of people anymore. And since Andrew was full-term we were able to start off on a much better foot. I spent a whole week on vaca with the in-laws and didn't go and hide to feed the baby once. That is big news since no one in their huge Irish Catholic family had ever breastfed. DH's sister is now due with their first on our wedding anniversary, 9/8. Their little baby Timmy will be just 6 months younger than Andrew! None of her friends have bf'd, so I am preparing myself not to get my feelings too hurt if she just gives up on it. I am really a supportive person and try soo hard not to pass judgement, but I just know that with all my pp hormones I will feel sad for the baby. Anyway, I hope to start ttc while bf'ing again in a year and a half or so. We will see how it all plays out. I am so glad this thread got bumped and updated. I look forward to seeing more updates.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #63
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamastesh View Post
Hi ladies! Boy do I miss you all. I don't hang out here very often, mostly because I feel sad to come here and not talk about ttc. Not that we are ttc right now, I'm not sure how to explain it... I just miss TTC and pregnancy with the TTC while BF'ing crew.

Lucy - Since I have been away I did not know until now that you had your baby girl. I am all choked up over here. Congratulations mama! It is so wonderful that you have a new squish to enjoy. Many blessings to your family.

Andrea - I hope your move is going well and you got all that craziness straightened out with the utilities. I just keep thinking of the post you had somewhere about heating little tiny bowls of water in the microwave to take baths with. :lol:

Marie - You. Look. AWESOME! You are an inspiration to me. I just started jog/walking last week and although there are no quick results I can already jog for longer intervals than I did the first day. It is so cool to see your pics. I am hoping to get back to 150/size 8 soon. I am already down from 16ish to 12, so that makes me see the goal a little clearer. Congrats on doing it! Working out and eating better is hard when you really like pretzels. Your ttc plan looks good and I hope you have peace about whatever news you get from the RE. We did IVF to get our BFP with ds1, and we never did get a definitive answer as to what was causing all of our troubles. I do have a T-shaped uterus, blockage on right side showed on the HSG, DH had "ok" sperm. Who knows. But we went on to conceive without help after that, so to my mind anything is possible. Praying for a rainbow for you.

Lucinda - I am really happy to hear that you are fully recovered from your stroke. What a crazy scary thing. I actually thought of you yesterday while we were out at a bbq/pool get together to see our friends and godson on Long Island. Our close friends sister was really quiet (their mom died of cancer in April) so I kind of puller her aside and asked her how she is doing. She looked closely at me and then asked me if I knew she had a stroke the week after the funeral! No, our friend totally forgot to mention it to us. What a scary thing for a mom of young children to experience. I thought of you right away and was really hoping you were doing well. So, I am glad to hear everything is good.

AFM - I have settled into life with two kiddos pretty well. My pregnancy was a little rough, but I had an awesome labor and delivery. After having pre-term labor again for about 8 weeks, baby Andrew Nicholas was born on 3/2. Time is flying by and he is a total second child, growing up WAY too fast. Breastfeeding is going well too, and I hope to TTc while bf'ing again one day, although not anytime soon. I am happy to wait this time. I was really surprised by how strongly I felt I wanted another baby right after Andrew was born. It was actually stronger for those first few weeks than it is now. DH feels conflicted on the issue, and I am at peace right now to just go with the flow (or lack there of), pun totally intended. I am really enjoying breastfeeding because I am just not uncomfortable with doing it in front of people anymore. And since Andrew was full-term we were able to start off on a much better foot. I spent a whole week on vaca with the in-laws and didn't go and hide to feed the baby once. That is big news since no one in their huge Irish Catholic family had ever breastfed. DH's sister is now due with their first on our wedding anniversary, 9/8. Their little baby Timmy will be just 6 months younger than Andrew! None of her friends have bf'd, so I am preparing myself not to get my feelings too hurt if she just gives up on it. I am really a supportive person and try soo hard not to pass judgement, but I just know that with all my pp hormones I will feel sad for the baby. Anyway, I hope to start ttc while bf'ing again in a year and a half or so. We will see how it all plays out. I am so glad this thread got bumped and updated. I look forward to seeing more updates.
I can't believe that he's already 4 months almost! Feel free to post pictures of the squishies.

And yay for settling into mothering 2 little ones. I've heard its a big adjustment (but a welcome one!). How's the sibling rivalry? Any so far?
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

[***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40]
quicksilverNHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #64
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Also: I update this fairly often now that I've been dealing better with losing Deagan, etc.

There's a little foul language and TMI here and there, but that's life, right?

http://smidgetsmama.blogspot.com/
Marie CDing, BWing, ERFing, ExtBFing, Picture-Obsessed mama to Smidget (6/09) and 6 angels (6 weeks 9/07, 12 weeks 4/08, 4 weeks 9/10, 15 weeks 04/11, Deagan born alive at 23 weeks 10/11, and 9 weeks 2/12) and wife to AJ since 2005.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #65
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Just discovered the mobile app.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #66
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Steph--nice to hear from you! Glad you are doing well. it's a bit of a rough adjustment to two isn't it?! I also had baby fever really bad those first months PP and now it has subsided a bit. I think for me it was partly b/c all the Dr's were saying "oh, you'll be fine as long as you don't have any more babies" and that just made me sad and mad. Now I think DH mentions having another more than I do. Happy that BFing is going well for you too. I know what you mean about being sad if your SIL doesn't BF. . ..I have two friends IRL who are due with their first babies this month and I have been trying really hard to give them positive support for natural birth and BFing and gentle parenting. . .I'll be sad if they don't get to experience that (or choose not to), but I know I just have to let them have their own journey.

quick--love your blog!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #67
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi, all. I'm still hanging in there. Got "all" moved, but we didn't have enough time to pack, so there are still some things over at the old place. We don't have to be fully out of there until the 13th, though, so I've been making daily trips over there to pick up more things, then unpacking here as well. I took a huge car load over today and there is still ton of stuff there, which will probably take at least another three trips to fully get out of here. But I love LOVE the new place. We're going to do a gender reveal party for our first big "thing" here, lol. That's in about six weeks. Pics will be forthcoming, but I'm pretty sure that it's another boy.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #68
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

So, my HSG came back normal. Apparently my uterus is slightly twisted (which accounts for the one lobe being slightly rounded from the angle we viewed it from. BUT that has no effect on pregnancy, so I'm within the parameters of "normal" and everything is totally free of complications (no fibroid detected in HSG, so they're not going to do any other tests).

Also, my genetic anemia screening came back normal.

So, essentially, we haven't got a clue.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #69
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

In the midst of your fireworks and barbeques, take a moment to thank a veteran for his/her service and PLEASE remember when setting off fireworks that if you DO have a veteran as a neighbor, those pops and bangs may be very disturbing for someone who has experienced war. So please be considerate!

Old 07-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #70
quicksilverNHS
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
I have a friend IRL who has had three loses this year and she is now on the baby aspirin and a suspected clotting issue. I wish they could just do a full work-up on all women who plan to ttc!
anyway quick. . .you've been through so much. . .
I had 3 losses between April 2011 at 15 weeks, October 2011 at 23 weeks, and February 2012 at 9 weeks. So, in a span of 10 months, I'd lost 3. And the military doctors still weren't concerned.

I can say for certain that if I hadn't moved home during DH's deployment I'd probably still be fighting to be labeled high-risk and be seen by decent OBs who are willing to prescribe progesterone/blood-thinners, etc.

Its SICKENING how much doctors are willing to just let slide because they don't know the answer or are too damn lazy to try to find out!