Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
litllegreekmama
Registered Users
seller

How long on the TED?

I've been on the TED now for a week. I'm stinking HUNGRY, and I've seen no improvement at all in baby girl..in fact she gets worse all the time. Never napping, screaming, grunting, flailing, back arching,excema/rash spreading.
I'm eating poultry, rice products, veggies and fruit! I'm sooo hungry!! Should i stick it out or give up?!

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
LilyOlivesMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long on the TED?

It takes up to 3 wks for dairy to get out of your system. She has reflux I presume? DS has been on Prevacid for 11 wks now and is a different baby. And Im dairy free. GL!
LilyOlivesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
tibeca
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long on the TED?

Any of those things can also be allergens for your specific baby. I know people allergic to rice! If she isn't getting better, then perhaps switch out some of those foods. By day 3, you should have seen some improvement if those foods were part of the problem. I'm not saying complete relief, but certainly improvement. Less spitting up, less screaming, less allergy symptoms. Have you looked into hidden sources of allergens? Dairy tends to be an easy one to miss in processed foods.

Some fruits that frequently cause problems are strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwi, watermelon (anything that has a lot of seeds).

The eczema definitely is an allergy symptom. Have you been putting anything on your nipples? Even washing them with a specific soap could make her react. How about her baby wash? Have you tried switching to water only baths?

Finally, sometimes part of the problem has to do with recovery from a difficult birth. Have you considered chiropractic or craniosacral therapy? They won't get rid of the eczema, but perhaps she has a raging headache that won't calm down enough for her to cope with the other parts of being a baby.
tibeca is offline   Reply With Quote