View Poll Results: how long did you test before you got a positive, *knowing* you were pregnant?
early, before missed period 29 43.94%
right on the day I was supposed to start 14 21.21%
one week or more after a missed period 16 24.24%
more than two weeks after a missed period 8 12.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #11
4kidzmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: how long did you test before a positive?

With my first pregnancy I didn't get a BFP until I was 8 weeks. That wait was NO fun. I never tested with my 2nd DS. With my 3rd DS I tested at 6 weeks. This time I was 12 DPO and got a BFP. It was the earliest I have ever found out.

Advertisement

4kidzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #12
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I am a TOTAL POAS addict, LOL. I tested probably 4 or so days before AF was due with my son - and that was my BFP. This time I tested for a few days, but finally got my BFP around 12 dpo - so before AF was due (but my cycles were really long so AF wouldn't have been due for another 20 or 30 days). Good thing I didn't wait for AF on that one, LOL that would have been awhile!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:03 PM   #13
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Well, funny story really. The week I found out I was sick as a dog and the thought of pregnancy never even crossed my mind. I just thought I caught something.
I tested at 1 day late and got the most positive test you'd ever seen in your life. And, I was seriously SHOCKED! I was really not expecting it. Usually when I POAS it's negative which is what I was kinda even hoping for. We were going to Vegas the very next week and it was my first time so I really wanted to let lose. Instead I spent half the time in the bathroom puking haha
Old 06-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #14
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it was usually pretty close to AF start time but I was so anxious I took over 4 tests with each one before I got that BFP. I found out with all of mine around 4-5weeks along

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #15
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

#1 I'm sure I was pg, but never tested pos. But I just *KNOW* I m/c.

#2 - about 7-10 days late..I never kept track of AF, I always just assumed it was on time. I was having these strange pains and described it to a friend and she asked if I could be pg... I was like,pfft..no way. Got a calendar out and figured out I was pretty late..took a test and voila. COMPLETELY shocked. I had a missed miscarriage at 11 wks.

#3 - 3-5 days pre-AF..tested approx 11 times, lol. After the m/c's, I wanted to be pg every mo (although we were not trying & were actually using contraceptives). So if I thought it was a possibilty or if i had any 'symptoms' I started testing 5-7 days before expected af. lol...birthed my first baby Jan 27, 2004

#4 - 7 days pre-AF...3 days after O, i *KNEW* I was pg...when I tested, it was pos. U/S showed twins. I miscarried on June 29, 2004 and (maybe TMI) "birthed" my 2nd and 3rd babies - I say that as it occurred naturally andI was 9-11 wks along so it didn't just seem like a heavy period. They were both bigger than golf balls. It makes me cry just thinking about it again

#5 - 2 days pre-AF.. Once again I *knew* I was pg because of my crazy emotions and I craved lobster something fierce and I HATE seafood. Got a test that day on the way home from work and sure enough. I tested 12 times from that day to like...7 wks...lol.. I birthed my 4th baby - 2nd living child on Aug 22, 2005.

Last edited by jls~Kain~Drake; 06-14-2006 at 06:26 PM.
jls~Kain~Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:46 AM   #16
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my first pg, according to my chart, I was only 10dpo and got a medium dark line (that came right up) with FRER. With my 2nd pg I got a faint pos. (after the time limit) with an internet strip test at 10 and 11 dpo but by 12 dpo I got a very dark second line. I usually start AF by 13 dpo.
Adamsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:26 AM   #17
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

With our 1st I had been to the Navy clinic 4 or so times and they kept telling me negative - I had come off of b/c pills and they said if I didn't start by the next week to come in and they were going to give me a shot of depo to induce a period. I left straight from the Navy clinic after having a negative test and went straight to wal-mart all of 10 minutes away and bought a test and went in the wal-mart bathroom and took it and it was BRIGHT positive! I was probably about 3 or so weeks after af would have been due.

with # 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 they were all lighter tests right at when AF was due or a day or two later. they were not super hard to see but they were definitely faint positives.

With this pregnancy I started testing at 8dpo and got my positive at 9 dpo but it was super super super faint! I finally got a dark positive (still not as dark as the control line) but not hard to see at 16 dpo. I tested again 2 days ago and got a truly dark positive (where the line was as dark as the control line) and I was 6 weeks 2 days.