Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #21
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

Anyone else nervous about all-of-a-sudden labor?? With my last ones, I was able to start labor at home with natural methods, and picked a weekend I liked, so DS was at Gma's, and I liked feeling in 'control'. Tried a few things today, and nothing. So I will hold off until next weekend. This is the first time I've been dilated before labor, though, so I'm scared to death of going into labor in the middle of the week. I'm sure we could manage, no matter where everyone is and what's going on and such. It just scares me!!

Advertisement

Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily
Anyone else nervous about all-of-a-sudden labor?? With my last ones, I was able to start labor at home with natural methods, and picked a weekend I liked, so DS was at Gma's, and I liked feeling in 'control'. Tried a few things today, and nothing. So I will hold off until next weekend. This is the first time I've been dilated before labor, though, so I'm scared to death of going into labor in the middle of the week. I'm sure we could manage, no matter where everyone is and what's going on and such. It just scares me!!
Yes, very. I'm really really hoping to have him next weekend. I'm not at all worried about getting to the birth center or having someone to watch DS because we have 5 different people on call, I'm just worried DH will be working.
He works all over the state, depending on where he's needed each day. They're keeping him "local" until he comes back from his week of post-birth vacation, but "local" is within an hour of the shop. He'll still have to drive the 30-60+ minutes back to the shop to get his truck, then the 30+ to the birth center. If this baby comes as fast as we think he will, DH may not make it in time.
I'm going to have them check me at my appointment on Thursday. If I'm dilated, I'm going to try to get this show on the road this weekend. If I'm 3+, I may opt to have my membranes swept and have DH call out of work on Friday, just in case.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #23
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
I didn't have any cervical checks last time, and I don't think I will this time, either (before labor, I mean. Or during, for that matter!) But I am worried about a fast labor only because the first one was pretty quick. What worries me the most is my mom not being there or making it. She missed my daughter's birth and she really really wants to be there for this one. My sister insists that she doesn't want kids, and my husband doesn't want any more, so she really thinks that this is her last chance to be there. I really want to her to take some birth photos, also. She lives 2 hours away. She's planning on coming 3 days before my EDD and staying as long as possible until the birth.
Like you said, whatever happens I'm sure it will work out, but I really want good pictures this time!!! And I want my mom to be happy.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #24
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
YES!! I spent all day yesterday going on walks, excercising, etc to try to get labor started. DH works 1.5hr away (if there is absolutely NO traffic so more like 2hrs away) and I really don't want to labor without him (last time when labor started they were intense and 2 min apart with 1 min duration from the get go --they were castor oil induced due to my water breaking almost 2 days prior without labor starting so I get that isn't typical but still...)
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #25
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So I've been "ready" to be done for a while, but the misery of the final stretch is really hitting me like a ton of bricks this morning.
I still don't feel terrible physically, but I'm really in a funk today. I have no motivation to do anything at all and I don't have any patience for anyone.
I should be grocery shopping right now, but I just can't make myself get us ready to go, and I just had a weepy little tantrum in my bedroom because I remembered I'm supposed to go help my dad put a bunch of useless junk on craigslist today. I can barely tolerate him on a normal day. Today isn't going to be fun, but he's too stupid and self absorbed to realize that maybe I'd like to take it easy being a week or two from giving birth.
Okay, end pity party.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #26
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel sorry for all of you ladies who have DHs that work so far away! My husband works 5 minutes away! But, last time I went into labor at night, and I am just expecting the same thing to happen this time.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #27
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been having regular hard contractions for 2 weeks now, so yes I'm ready to be done. I had my first on a Wednesday and my second on Thursday, so maybe this one is waiting until Friday. lol.

I hardly showed at all with my first 2, I seriously could have been one of the ladies on "I didn't know I was pregnant" if I hadn't been ttc and testing. This one...I'm so huge and have gained 20 more pounds than I did with my girls! Oh and my maternity clothes don't even fit anymore, so I'm living in a skirt with a shirred waist.

I installed the car seat on Saturday so maybe Baby will come now that I'm all ready. That was kind of my hold up, I was a little concerned the Hubby wouldn't get it in correctly if I had the baby before it was installed.

ETA: I have hooked myself up to a TENS machine to see if I can get things going so that maybe I can have a baby tomorrow or Wednesday. If anything, it does feel better, like an invisible masseuse.

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.

Last edited by Squeaky McMurdo; 02-27-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #28
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
ETA: I have hooked myself up to a TENS machine to see if I can get things going so that maybe I can have a baby tomorrow or Wednesday. If anything, it does feel better, like an invisible masseuse.
I've heard lots of good things about these, but never tried it. Do you use it during labor as well? I never heard about it starting labor, just that it could be used on your back to help with back labor pain.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #29
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yah, I've never heard of a case of it actually starting labor but it could in theory make irregular contractions into regular contractions. I do plan to use it until my husband gets the birth pool filled up. My last labor was lightening fast, but if it's longer like my first I'll be using the TENS if I get out to walk around.

No sign of baby yet, but I have been having really hard contractions since Sunday so I am very much DONE! Tonight we will be having Eggplant Parmesan with fresh pineapple for dessert. I might even do a little castor oil in a smoothie because it worked last time and at this point I'm already on the toilet a lot and very sore from all this pre-labor, so it can't get any worse. lol

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
No sign of baby yet, but I have been having really hard contractions since Sunday so I am very much DONE! Tonight we will be having Eggplant Parmesan with fresh pineapple for dessert. I might even do a little castor oil in a smoothie because it worked last time and at this point I'm already on the toilet a lot and very sore from all this pre-labor, so it can't get any worse. lol
Yuk for the contractions since Sunday! I have heard that castor oil in a smoothie is the best way to get that down. I think if I tried it again I would use a medicine cup, and then follow it with something. I always have the worst luck mixing it with stuff, and we have no way to make a smoothie here. Going to take a hot shower tonight, and just relax. I think the anxiety of when labor is going to come is giving me a mental block. I'm only a week away from when I delivered the last, so it looks like maybe they don't come a week early each time, this one is breaking the cycle.