Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #31
mercy589
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,436
Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

My DH is 45min - 1 hr away, and my total labor last time was 1 1/2 hours! I'm worried about him making it in time! Other than that I think I have a week or more to go and I'm feeling mostly ok, just tired and in a funk wanting the days to hurry up and pass.

Advertisement

__________________
Christy - breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural living, homeschooling, homebirthing, stay at home mama to Lucy (9), Julia (7), Esther (4), Isaac (2), and Baby in Oct my blog about healthy living and mothering
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #32
blackberry75's Avatar
blackberry75
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,640
Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

At 37 weeks, I don't think there's a whole lot I can do to induce labor. However, the sex strike is over, so I am willing to repeatedly try that method.
__________________
$5 sign up bonus at inboxdollars
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Carl Sagan
Bad spellers of the world UNTIE!
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #33
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,345
My Mood:
Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry75 View Post
At 37 weeks, I don't think there's a whole lot I can do to induce labor. However, the sex strike is over, so I am willing to repeatedly try that method.
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #34
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,345
My Mood:
Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

I'm finally getting miserable.

For the 2nd night in a row, my side that I sleep on goes numb about every 30 minutes to an hour, so I have to turn over ALL throughout the night. Which means no really good sleep, and the turning constantly drives me nuts. I think the tingling aching pain is no fun, either.

Yesterday I had some 'tightening' contractions all day, so I started pumping to get them going stronger, and they did. Got my birthing ball out to relax on. DH was making fun of me, saying I needed to stop trying to get baby to come early, that she'll come when she's ready. Besides, he has projects at work he needs to finish today and tomorrow, and this weekend is Monster Jam and he really wants to take DS. So if I could do Monday or Tuesday, that would be ideal.

Like... seriously?!? He knows how miserable I get towards the end, and he knows I'm trying to avoid that this time, so I can really enjoy this pregnancy, delivery, and after time with DD. I've had two previous surrogacies, with everything being about the parents. I just want this to be about 'me' this time, and I want to enjoy everything about the pregnancy/delivery/etc.

I told my sister last night how miserable I was, and she said "You should talk to Mom, she's the expert with early inductions at home". And I already knew this. But I don't want to spend ALL day in the bath doing nipple stimulation. I may give the breast pump another go, but I honestly just feel like my body won't give in for another week or two. And I don't want to 'rev' it up, to then have days of false contractions, those are the worst. So if I commit to it, I have to keep going (I feel like this is why a lot of natural/home inductions don't work.. you have to keep at it and not stop).

So IDK. Just wanted to vent I suppose. I feel for all you ladies that are ready. Hopefully now that it's finally MARCH we will see some squishies soon. And we will all be able to get out of our miserable stages.
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #35
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,345
My Mood:
Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

On a side note, I always knew with pumping (or nipple stimulation) that it releases oxytocin, the natural form of pitocin, and that is what starts labor. My Mom has told me over and over it has to be done for long periods of time, and for an extended amount of time. And if DR's allowed patients to be on a low dose of Pitocin for a longer amount of time, there would be far less c-sections. But DR's follow medical guidelines that tell them to 'up' the dose, and then do it again, and if nothing happens, do a c-section.

I just found this article, and found it interesting. It shows that it needs to be done for an extended amount of time (2-3 days). I almost think you could do this in 2 days if you didn't take so many breaks. It's the consistency of getting the oxytocin to help with dilation and effacement, without doing it all at once, and getting contractions from the start that become too intense but haven't had time to work on the cervix.

Just wanted to pass this along.

http://www.threeriversbirth.com/?p=400
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #36
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 3,649
My Mood:
Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
I'm finally getting miserable.

For the 2nd night in a row, my side that I sleep on goes numb about every 30 minutes to an hour, so I have to turn over ALL throughout the night. Which means no really good sleep, and the turning constantly drives me nuts. I think the tingling aching pain is no fun, either.

Yesterday I had some 'tightening' contractions all day, so I started pumping to get them going stronger, and they did. Got my birthing ball out to relax on. DH was making fun of me, saying I needed to stop trying to get baby to come early, that she'll come when she's ready. Besides, he has projects at work he needs to finish today and tomorrow, and this weekend is Monster Jam and he really wants to take DS. So if I could do Monday or Tuesday, that would be ideal.

Like... seriously?!? He knows how miserable I get towards the end, and he knows I'm trying to avoid that this time, so I can really enjoy this pregnancy, delivery, and after time with DD. I've had two previous surrogacies, with everything being about the parents. I just want this to be about 'me' this time, and I want to enjoy everything about the pregnancy/delivery/etc.

I told my sister last night how miserable I was, and she said "You should talk to Mom, she's the expert with early inductions at home". And I already knew this. But I don't want to spend ALL day in the bath doing nipple stimulation. I may give the breast pump another go, but I honestly just feel like my body won't give in for another week or two. And I don't want to 'rev' it up, to then have days of false contractions, those are the worst. So if I commit to it, I have to keep going (I feel like this is why a lot of natural/home inductions don't work.. you have to keep at it and not stop).

So IDK. Just wanted to vent I suppose. I feel for all you ladies that are ready. Hopefully now that it's finally MARCH we will see some squishies soon. And we will all be able to get out of our miserable stages.
I TOTALLY feel the same way!!!

I'm thinking about giving that laxative you talked about a try! I'm too scared to try Castor Oil! Could you share the name of the stuff you used again?!

My youngest is the baby after my surrobaby and I totally understand the feelings you are having!! I was so excited to finally have a baby for ME! A baby that I could bond with! It was amazing when he was finally born!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #37
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,345
My Mood:
Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds View Post
I TOTALLY feel the same way!!!

I'm thinking about giving that laxative you talked about a try! I'm too scared to try Castor Oil! Could you share the name of the stuff you used again?!

My youngest is the baby after my surrobaby and I totally understand the feelings you are having!! I was so excited to finally have a baby for ME! A baby that I could bond with! It was amazing when he was finally born!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that way! I bought it from Walgreens, it's called "Women's Gentle Laxative", it was the store brand. I'm not really sure if I would highly recommend it unless you're already having contractions. I was reading up on it last night, and it's an 'overnight, gentle relief' laxative. Meaning that because it IS tablets, that they are slow dissolving, so it won't give you that 'umph' that you need to kick-start labor.

I have a bottle of castor oil left over from the last pregnancy.. where I lost the courage to try it. I might give it a try if pumping doesn't kick-start labor and I need an 'umph' to get it going. I actually DO like that it cleans you out before labor, it just stinks if it does that for 2 days with no labor. The tablets might work in the same way if you cut them up, I never thought about that. I wouldn't take more than the daily recommended dose if you cut them in half, though, since then they will be dissolving faster. And definitely get some Immodium or anti-diahhreal to take the next day if no contractions start. A sore bum is no fun.

Today I'm pumping ever hour for 10 minutes on each side. Nothing too extreme. My last midwife said this actually helps with dilating, and if I wanted to go into labor, I need to do it more than that, so we'll see what happens. Going to get the whole house clean today so it's all done, just in case.

If you try the lax's, I hope they work for you! I know many people and even midwives that use castor oil or similar quite often.
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #38
blackberry75's Avatar
blackberry75
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,640
Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

Had my first round of Braxton Hicks yesterday, on and off for about 2 hours. Hoping this means I don't have to wait for 2/3 weeks to meet this baby. They where actually kinda intense, much stronger than when I was preggo w/ Gman. Rocking on the edge of the couch seemed to be the only thing that helped along w/ controlled breathing. As uncomfortable as I was, I kept thinking "come on baby, it's time to meet the world" or "let's do this!".
__________________
$5 sign up bonus at inboxdollars
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." Carl Sagan
Bad spellers of the world UNTIE!
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #39
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 3,649
My Mood:
Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that way! I bought it from Walgreens, it's called "Women's Gentle Laxative", it was the store brand. I'm not really sure if I would highly recommend it unless you're already having contractions. I was reading up on it last night, and it's an 'overnight, gentle relief' laxative. Meaning that because it IS tablets, that they are slow dissolving, so it won't give you that 'umph' that you need to kick-start labor.

I have a bottle of castor oil left over from the last pregnancy.. where I lost the courage to try it. I might give it a try if pumping doesn't kick-start labor and I need an 'umph' to get it going. I actually DO like that it cleans you out before labor, it just stinks if it does that for 2 days with no labor. The tablets might work in the same way if you cut them up, I never thought about that. I wouldn't take more than the daily recommended dose if you cut them in half, though, since then they will be dissolving faster. And definitely get some Immodium or anti-diahhreal to take the next day if no contractions start. A sore bum is no fun.

Today I'm pumping ever hour for 10 minutes on each side. Nothing too extreme. My last midwife said this actually helps with dilating, and if I wanted to go into labor, I need to do it more than that, so we'll see what happens. Going to get the whole house clean today so it's all done, just in case.

If you try the lax's, I hope they work for you! I know many people and even midwives that use castor oil or similar quite often.
I get a lot of painful BH but nothing timeable! I need to get cleaned out anyway...I've been constipated for like 6 wks and I'm really tired of it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry75 View Post
Had my first round of Braxton Hicks yesterday, on and off for about 2 hours. Hoping this means I don't have to wait for 2/3 weeks to meet this baby. They where actually kinda intense, much stronger than when I was preggo w/ Gman. Rocking on the edge of the couch seemed to be the only thing that helped along w/ controlled breathing. As uncomfortable as I was, I kept thinking "come on baby, it's time to meet the world" or "let's do this!".
YAY for uterine action!!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #40
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,345
My Mood:
Re: Ok, I'm ready to be done now

Of course I have an infected wisdom tooth. I just need to get those suckers pulled. I get an infection like once a year, because they are half-in and always causing me trouble. WOW does it hurt!

I had migranes the last two days, and sensitivity to light and sound, but the pain my tooth didn't really come on until I woke up this morning. Of course I can't take antibiotics or pain meds for it until I deliver. And last time, they gave me some good pain meds for it, which was nice, because it was so painful. Once this baby is out, I need to schedule an appt. for the dentist! Or maybe I will see one on Monday or Tuesday just to see what I need, and when I can start taking stuff. Ouch. This is going to make the last couple weeks of pregnancy AWFUL! Definitely getting some teething gel today, that always helps the pain quite a bit.
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.