Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2012, 03:36 AM   #1
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Would empty gPants work as underwear in the 3 day method?

I really can't buy underwear this week, but it's a good time to try 3 day potty training...

Do you think I could use gDiaper outer pants only? I feel very confident he will understand its not a diaper. He knows the pad folded flats and the nylon liner are diapers that get changed when we "change diaper", while the cloth pant is part of his clothes. I think they would be really comfy for him and I can fasten so loosely they pull down... The legs are tight enough to be like underwear but he will feel pretty darn naked!

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

And after that, do I put him in trainers? I have a cottonbabies coupon good through tomorrow, and an opportunity to go visit the store...
Old 02-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Would empty gPants work as underwear in the 3 day method?

I thought during 3 day they weren't supposed to wear any bottoms at all? Or maybe pants w/o undies?
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

For us the fact that they were actual big boy underwear was important, as was 'throwing away' the diapers. We used Hanna trainers (which do not have a waterproof layer), but not the imse vimse ones we have.

If you do the Lora Jensen 3-day they're in undies and clothes for the three days.

ETA: we still use the Hanna trainers as underwear, but DS is in undies some days, too.

Last edited by mrosehughes; 02-25-2012 at 08:43 AM.
mrosehughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

I'm reading a few books, not sure yet which to use. He's 21 months, and an only child who hasn't been in situations where he sees other kids wear underwear. He helps "build" his diaper so I think it would register that we are doing something different.

But maybe not...
Old 02-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

My daughter is 23 months and we have figured out VERY quickly she understand the difference between a diaper and undies. I would suggest if you aren't planning to go anywhere to let him have naked time. DD didn't wear anything from the waist down the first 2 days of her training. On the third day, she was accident-free for over 24 hours so I let her wear underwear. IMO its very important to use underwear or trainers they aren't familiar with, gPants are still "diapers" so it may confuse him a bit.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaStacy*
My daughter is 23 months and we have figured out VERY quickly she understand the difference between a diaper and undies. I would suggest if you aren't planning to go anywhere to let him have naked time. DD didn't wear anything from the waist down the first 2 days of her training. On the third day, she was accident-free for over 24 hours so I let her wear underwear. IMO its very important to use underwear or trainers they aren't familiar with, gPants are still "diapers" so it may confuse him a bit.
Good point. The cottonbabies store here in Vancouver let me return a BGE I'd just gotten, so I got some underwear. Can't wait!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #8
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
Good point. The cottonbabies store here in Vancouver let me return a BGE I'd just gotten, so I got some underwear. Can't wait!
Good luck! And I think that the 3 day method suggests to NEVER let your child go naked but it worked great for DD. I didn't use the actual 3 day potty training though. I found it was easier to just have to clean up a small mess on the floor (actually I made her clean anything up) than to have to wash 10 pairs of underwear at the end of day 1 lol.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaStacy*

Good luck! And I think that the 3 day method suggests to NEVER let your child go naked but it worked great for DD. I didn't use the actual 3 day potty training though. I found it was easier to just have to clean up a small mess on the floor (actually I made her clean anything up) than to have to wash 10 pairs of underwear at the end of day 1 lol.
There are many many 3 day potty training methods. I'm not going to do naked time because all his life he's gotten naked time and he thinks it's neat when he pees on the floor. The fabric layer will make it dribble on him enough to bug him, I think.