Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #11
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat: February 27th

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeysmama View Post
I know a few of you have gallstones, can I ask your symptoms? I am in so much pain! I am hoping its just my reflux outta control, but I keep getting this gnawing hunger pain that I've never had before, after I eat. I was told its either an ulcer or gallstones. My ob is putting me on 2 new prescriptions until I see them on friday in hopes its just the reflux.

For me it started as an intense pain in my back that would slowly spread around to my stomach mostly on my right side. It hurt so bad and it felt like someone was squeezing me so hard that I couldn't take a breath.

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #12
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like things a little spicy but I can't handle too much heat because of my gallbladder so I try to stay away from it if possible. My husband loves things spicy though and my FIL is crazy about heat, I mean he eats things that make my mouth feel like it's going to melt off and then says it's not hot enough. lol

The kids and I went today and ordered our new dishwasher!! I'm so excited!! The one we have now is original to the house so it's like 15yrs old and doesn't really wash the dishes anymore. I got a stainless steel Maytag and it's being delivered on Friday. I'm giddy about having clean dishes about without me having to stand over the sink!
Old 02-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc12551
I hate spicy. Any my DH is a stereotypical Latino in that he loves it. Sometimes I am tearing up and my throat is burning while he is cooking

Today is the first day in four weeks I have not had a headache or been sick from dehydration. But I took a four hour nap!! and now I am beginning to feel it.

It was in the low 70's today here. My afternoon meeting was canceled so I took DS2 outside in the yard. He mostly chased chickens and tried to carry 2 x 4's around the yard. He thinks he is Bob the Builder
Glad you are feeling better! Today I felt so good I almost felt not pregnant

Love the chasing chickens and carrying 2x4s!! Lol

I WANT CHICKENS!!

Christina, enjoy the dishwasher!! Ours has been broken for about 8 mo. Not worth getting it fixed and we have more important things demanding iut financial attention. . Soooo tired if handwashing!!!!! I will live vicariously through you!

Okay! Im counting down the moments til kiddos are in bed. I have a hot date with Janome!! ( my sewing machine!!)

Gonna stitch something extra special up with a beautifully patterned vintage flat sheet I scored a couple wks ago from goodwill it even came with 2 pillowcases so I will make a dress for dd and a fun maternity shirt for myself!
eta:

Last edited by jemilyon; 02-27-2012 at 06:24 PM.
jemilyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
Glad you are feeling better! Today I felt so good I almost felt not pregnant

Love the chasing chickens and carrying 2x4s!! Lol

I WANT CHICKENS!!

Christina, enjoy the dishwasher!! Ours has been broken for about 8 mo. Not worth getting it fixed and we have more important things demanding iut financial attention. . Soooo tired if handwashing!!!!! I will live vicariously through you!

Okay! Im counting down the moments til kiddos are in bed. I have a hot date with Janome!! ( my sewing machine!!)

Gonna stitch something extra special up with a beautifully patterned vintage flat sheet I scored a couple wks ago from goodwill it even came with 2 pillowcases so I will make a dress for dd and a fun maternity shirt for myself!
eta:
I was like, her DH's name is the same as the sewing machine brand I would like to get to my sewing machine. I don't know why rearranging the house creates more havoc than it solves

I swear my grandmother has that same sheet. It is in her downstairs linen closet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina View Post
I like things a little spicy but I can't handle too much heat because of my gallbladder so I try to stay away from it if possible. My husband loves things spicy though and my FIL is crazy about heat, I mean he eats things that make my mouth feel like it's going to melt off and then says it's not hot enough. lol

The kids and I went today and ordered our new dishwasher!! I'm so excited!! The one we have now is original to the house so it's like 15yrs old and doesn't really wash the dishes anymore. I got a stainless steel Maytag and it's being delivered on Friday. I'm giddy about having clean dishes about without me having to stand over the sink!
Our Korean students will be complaining that DH's salsa is too hot. But then they will be putting this hot sauce on their rice that burns my eyes from across the room.

So jealous over the washing machine!! I haven't had one since DH and I got married. The house we live in had the kitchen remodeled somewhere in the last 5-7 years and nobody thought to put one in

I am NOT liking my new glass sealed cooktop range. It is a pia to clean, DH has already scratched it, and my brand new expensive pots/pans I bought six months ago can't be used on it

The fridge on the other hand I LOVE.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #15
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

Just hanging around.

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #16
pkaskaggs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

emily - you are too crafty! i love it

i had my midwife appt today and everything is great. then, DH and i went to outback for dinner and i had RIBS...yummy! it was a nice little date night for us. tomorrow, we are going to the rodeo with some good friends of ours.

so one of the midwives at the office just had her baby and she left her with the receptionist to meet with us. she had her in one of these. she was RAVING about it...her daughter looked so content all snuggled up in it. i went home to read more about them and it seems like everyone loves these things. isn't it crazy how much baby stuff changes. they didn't have anything like this when blake was born. i'm thinking it would take the place of a bouncy seat? what do ya'll think? there are a few on craigs list for even cheaper

Last edited by pkaskaggs; 02-27-2012 at 09:12 PM.
pkaskaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #17
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom
Hi All!

I made the most delicious muffins for lunch today- and cleaned the house. I guess I'm having a good day. Right now I am eating some SUPER spicy green chiles and beef and potatoes. It's really good. I have been craving a lot of spicy stuff. BTW, real chiles- green or red- are good for constipation!!!

-Maureen
I never are anything spicy or even Mexican until I met DH. Now I put my Hispanic FIL to shame, giggling while he is sweating and blowing his nose! Haha. Sadly, spicy stuff sounds terrible to me right now. My brain knows I would love some green chili, but the thought makes my stomach turn :-/

I have found the food I CANNOT; onions (esp green ones!). I've never liked them anyway, but whenever I smell them, no matter how great I was feeling, I am instantly sick. Ugh, it's bad! Worse than any other smell I can think of!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkaskaggs
emily - you are too crafty! i love it

i had my midwife appt today and everything is great. then, DH and i went to outback for dinner and i had RIBS...yummy! it was a nice little date night for us. tomorrow, we are going to the rodeo with some good friends of ours.

so one of the midwives at the office just had her baby and she left her with the receptionist to meet with us. she had her in one of these. she was RAVING about it...her daughter looked so content all snuggled up in it. i went home to read more about them and it seems like everyone loves these things. isn't it crazy how much baby stuff changes. they didn't have anything like this when blake was born. i'm thinking it would take the place of a bouncy seat? what do ya'll think? there are a few on craigs list for even cheaper
I've seen those but wasn't totally sure of what they do or what they take the place of. Has anybody else here used one? Do you all think they take the place of a bouncer? Any ideas?

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #18
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Back story: DH and I own a two seater truck (we dont put a car seat in it) and our main truck which is a large 4 door that is hard to get DS into. I have to lift him really high and to the middle which is easier said than done. The doc said I am not supposed to be lifting more than 10lbs so I decided to barrow my moms car for a while to make getting DS into his car seat easier. We try not to go out since I am not suppose to pick him up which is impossible when I need him to go into the cart and he cannot fully get into the car seat on his own even in the car.

Today was the the first time I took DS out in the car. I had to take my progesterone prescription to the specialty pharmacy which does not have a drive through and is on a sketchy part of town. (DS was so great when he was in there stood in line like a big kid and was perfect. I was very proud of him!) I had to get inside the car to buckle him so I shut the door behind me. I got him all buckled in and went to get out and I could not open the door. I realize that the child locks are on the door and I can't get out. I tried to climb over DS in his carseat but I couldn't make it. I wasn't sure what I was going to do so I called my mom just to laugh about it while I figured it out. I did not want to alert anyone to my situation given that it was not the safest place to be in a venerable position. Finally someone came out next to me who had a hospital ID (this place is close to the hospital) and I figured he was my safest bet to ask. I was able to get his attention and get him to open the door. I thanked him and laughed about it but it really was quite the predicament there for a while I wonder what this poor guy must have thought of the crazy woman locked in her own car!

Last edited by FerventlyDreaming; 02-27-2012 at 09:43 PM.
FerventlyDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #19
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the laughs ladies :-) From 2x4's to child (or mommy) proof doors, it helped my busy nite!

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #20
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

oh no! Glad someone trustworthy came along to let you out!

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote