Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #21
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat: February 27th

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc12551 View Post
I hate spicy. Any my DH is a stereotypical Latino in that he loves it. Sometimes I am tearing up and my throat is burning while he is cooking

Today is the first day in four weeks I have not had a headache or been sick from dehydration. But I took a four hour nap!! and now I am beginning to feel it.

It was in the low 70's today here. My afternoon meeting was canceled so I took DS2 outside in the yard. He mostly chased chickens and tried to carry 2 x 4's around the yard. He thinks he is Bob the Builder
Oh my goodness, that is too funny about the spice. My husband always sweats while he eats spicy but we both LOVE heat. In fact, if it isn't spicy, he tells me he just "can't find the flavor".

We love our chickens, too-- and they just started laying again! Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
Glad you are feeling better! Today I felt so good I almost felt not pregnant

Love the chasing chickens and carrying 2x4s!! Lol

I WANT CHICKENS!!

Christina, enjoy the dishwasher!! Ours has been broken for about 8 mo. Not worth getting it fixed and we have more important things demanding iut financial attention. . Soooo tired if handwashing!!!!! I will live vicariously through you!

Okay! Im counting down the moments til kiddos are in bed. I have a hot date with Janome!! ( my sewing machine!!)

Gonna stitch something extra special up with a beautifully patterned vintage flat sheet I scored a couple wks ago from goodwill it even came with 2 pillowcases so I will make a dress for dd and a fun maternity shirt for myself!
eta:
You are crafty!! I can't wait to see what you create! I just finished the little one's baby sweater. It is now time to block and add buttons. Yay!
A little funny for the knitters:
My 16 year old came home and was looking at the sweater and said, "Oh, you have to block it now, right?" LOL I love that my 16 year old boy knows what blocking is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb View Post
Back story: DH and I own a two seater truck (we dont put a car seat in it) and our main truck which is a large 4 door that is hard to get DS into. I have to lift him really high and to the middle which is easier said than done. The doc said I am not supposed to be lifting more than 10lbs so I decided to barrow my moms car for a while to make getting DS into his car seat easier. We try not to go out since I am not suppose to pick him up which is impossible when I need him to go into the cart and he cannot fully get into the car seat on his own even in the car.

Today was the the first time I took DS out in the car. I had to take my progesterone prescription to the specialty pharmacy which does not have a drive through and is on a sketchy part of town. (DS was so great when he was in there stood in line like a big kid and was perfect. I was very proud of him!) I had to get inside the car to buckle him so I shut the door behind me. I got him all buckled in and went to get out and I could not open the door. I realize that the child locks are on the door and I can't get out. I tried to climb over DS in his carseat but I couldn't make it. I wasn't sure what I was going to do so I called my mom just to laugh about it while I figured it out. I did not want to alert anyone to my situation given that it was not the safest place to be in a venerable position. Finally someone came out next to me who had a hospital ID (this place is close to the hospital) and I figured he was my safest bet to ask. I was able to get his attention and get him to open the door. I thanked him and laughed about it but it really was quite the predicament there for a while I wonder what this poor guy must have thought of the crazy woman locked in her own car!
This gave me the giggles... I am so glad you got out of your car safely!!

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #22
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Janome as my dh's name!!! THAT was hilarious!

Dawn, i know what you mean! My 6 yr old son knows all about bobbins and diff kinds of fabric. Lol!!

The car story!!! Haaaa! I wonder to what the guy who let you out was thinking!!

Allie I cant do onions right now either. Oddly lettuce makes me burp and sugar gives me reflux like symptoms.

I ended up using a new pattern last night that I got in a trade this week to make dd a dress out of grandmas old sheets (lol). It came out okay but I think the sheets lend themselvese to a leas modern pattern.

Will post a pic later. Gotta get ds up and ready for camo day at school!!

Thanks for the laughs all!!'
Old 02-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #23
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

this was an accidental double post

Last edited by jemilyon; 02-28-2012 at 12:39 PM.
jemilyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #24
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm going to do some decorative stitching in the applique to make it stand out more. I thought it would be cool to kind of have it blend in but it just looks stupid!! lol

Last edited by jemilyon; 02-28-2012 at 12:35 PM.
jemilyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #25
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

Jemilyon I love the dress. I can barely sew a straight line. And cutting to follow a pattern is way beyond me.

Allie, I can't do onions either. The smell of them instantly trigger the gag reflex.

Mmbreb, how crazy! I don't know if I would have been laughing or crying.

I love spicy food but know better then to eat it anymore When not pregnant I can occasionally have some heat, but definitely not with the way I've been feeling the last few weeks.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #26
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Yes being locked in the car was funny. I am not sure what I would have done if someone hadn't let me out. I am sure that guy had a great story to tell when he got home of the crazy people out in the world. I felt no need to explain it wasn't my car etc. So he probably just thinks I am an air head.

I love seeing crafts but it makes me a little sad since I can't do anything fun right now. I really got excited about sewing after I did a reasonable job on DS halloween costume but it is pretty hard on my back which is not advisable for me right now.

The funny thing about DH is he LOVES spicy things but I am the one who is hispanic. I am not so much a fan. We actually just got back from the new mexican restaurant here in town and my stomach hurt so much I had to call the doc. Not sure if it was the food or what though since it is the lower part of my abdomen that hurts. Nurse said to come in tomorrow if I have anymore trouble tonight since it is starting to get better. I am praying I am not having cervical length issues. (She mentioned that as a possibility and obviously I have a history of that with DS. That is why they did the cerclage)
Old 02-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #27
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Yes being locked in the car was funny. I am not sure what I would have done if someone hadn't let me out. I am sure that guy had a great story to tell when he got home of the crazy people out in the world. I felt no need to explain it wasn't my car etc. So he probably just thinks I am an air head.

I love seeing crafts but it makes me a little sad since I can't do anything fun right now. I really got excited about sewing after I did a reasonable job on DS halloween costume but it is pretty hard on my back which is not advisable for me right now.

The funny thing about DH is he LOVES spicy things but I am the one who is hispanic. I am not so much a fan. We actually just got back from the new mexican restaurant here in town and my stomach hurt so much I had to call the doc. Not sure if it was the food or what though since it is the lower part of my abdomen that hurts. Nurse said to come in tomorrow if I have anymore trouble tonight since it is starting to get better. I am praying I am not having cervical length issues. (She mentioned that as a possibility and obviously I have a history of that with DS. That is why they did the cerclage)
Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #28
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi All,

I feel a bit awkward jumping in here, but as my due date got adjusted to September 4, I thought I might keep in touch with you ladies in case this LO tends to come a little early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkaskaggs View Post
emily - you are too crafty! i love it

i had my midwife appt today and everything is great. then, DH and i went to outback for dinner and i had RIBS...yummy! it was a nice little date night for us. tomorrow, we are going to the rodeo with some good friends of ours.

so one of the midwives at the office just had her baby and she left her with the receptionist to meet with us. she had her in one of these. she was RAVING about it...her daughter looked so content all snuggled up in it. i went home to read more about them and it seems like everyone loves these things. isn't it crazy how much baby stuff changes. they didn't have anything like this when blake was born. i'm thinking it would take the place of a bouncy seat? what do ya'll think? there are a few on craigs list for even cheaper
I've heard great things about this, so I'm thinking of getting one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb View Post
Back story: DH and I own a two seater truck (we dont put a car seat in it) and our main truck which is a large 4 door that is hard to get DS into. I have to lift him really high and to the middle which is easier said than done. The doc said I am not supposed to be lifting more than 10lbs so I decided to barrow my moms car for a while to make getting DS into his car seat easier. We try not to go out since I am not suppose to pick him up which is impossible when I need him to go into the cart and he cannot fully get into the car seat on his own even in the car.

Today was the the first time I took DS out in the car. I had to take my progesterone prescription to the specialty pharmacy which does not have a drive through and is on a sketchy part of town. (DS was so great when he was in there stood in line like a big kid and was perfect. I was very proud of him!) I had to get inside the car to buckle him so I shut the door behind me. I got him all buckled in and went to get out and I could not open the door. I realize that the child locks are on the door and I can't get out. I tried to climb over DS in his carseat but I couldn't make it. I wasn't sure what I was going to do so I called my mom just to laugh about it while I figured it out. I did not want to alert anyone to my situation given that it was not the safest place to be in a venerable position. Finally someone came out next to me who had a hospital ID (this place is close to the hospital) and I figured he was my safest bet to ask. I was able to get his attention and get him to open the door. I thanked him and laughed about it but it really was quite the predicament there for a while I wonder what this poor guy must have thought of the crazy woman locked in her own car!
Yes. That is me. But it was my own car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguisgirl View Post

A little funny for the knitters:
My 16 year old came home and was looking at the sweater and said, "Oh, you have to block it now, right?" LOL I love that my 16 year old boy knows what blocking is...
Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post

I'm going to do some decorative stitching in the applique to make it stand out more. I thought it would be cool to kind of have it blend in but it just looks stupid!! lol
This is super cute. What a great idea. I need to start looking at sheets and curtains, I never thought of that - what a great way to get some cheap fabric!

And, just because I'm so excited! This is my little one at 12 weeks:

Attachment 97173
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!

Last edited by omahonycm; 11-05-2012 at 07:41 AM.
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #29
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

well I got my teeth cleaned yesterday so I decided that would be as good a day as any to go sodaless..... UGH! I have such a headache! And we are having a great program tonight at garden club (gardening with edibles!) Plus I am actually the hostess! So I hope I feel better soon!! I really just want a soda. I was drinking between 20 and 30 oz a day so this whole cold turkey thing.... oye!

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #30
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow so much!!

Car story: hahahaha been there!! Im so glad someone came to rescue you!

I love the dress! That is beautiful!!

The Rock in sleep by FP is used by almost every mama on the feb board and they all love it! I'm planning on one myself!

I'm craving mustard like crazy. I put it on everything!!!