Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Marchkins Chat 2/27-3/4

I didn't see one of these yet... so I thought I would start it since I wanted to say something!!

SOOOO... today (and yesterday) we had to start bottle feeding our 4 5-week old kittens since mama is missing nipples from sharp teeth (YIKES!!). The vet said to just keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get infected. So she is done nursing, so we have to bottle feed.

Nursing has always been painful and uncomfortable for me, I think mostly because I am extremely sensitive. After bottle feeding these kittens, though, geesh.. I'm thinking just giving DD the boob will be easier. I'm going to wait it out to see if I can nurse. And I do have formula as a backup, because I need to reassure myself it's important that we have a happy bonding moment and that she is eating, and not worry about the pressure from everyone to nurse.

But let me tell you.. I do NOT miss constantly making formula, or waiting for it to heat up, and then washing the bottles. Ugh. Hopefully nursing will work for me this time. I wish there was a way to de-sensitize my nipples.

Advertisement

Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
angelina_lover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins Chat 2/27-3/4

and more I nursed our first son and he had horrible reflux and lactose intolerance issues which cut our nursing off early. Our second son I pumped for 6mths {it was so hard but he was in nicu for almost 2 months} after 6 mths I was running out of milk. at 8mths relacated and pumped for 3 more months. I DISLIKE the pump more than anyone can imagine! I too am hoping Waylon and I can nurse comfortably. My issue this time around all ready is I am on Prozax {fluoextine 10mg} and they are up-ing me to 20mg because I have had severe PPD with all my pregnancies. I don't think there is even any milk to give when he comes but I will certainly try my hardest....again.

Sorry about your kitty cat too
angelina_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. I REALLY wish nursing didn't hurt so bad, because I really enjoyed it, and we literally went broke and had an empty pantry having to pay for formula, it was awful. This time I started looking for formula checks early, to help get the liquid formulas really cheap. I would get SO angry during nursing from the pain, that it was an awful experience. I wanted that bonding time, and all I was doing was hoping he would eat fast, be done, and then I wanted to lay him down and run away. Once he was on the bottle, it was great. I could feed him, cuddle with him, and have that 'loving' moment that is supposed to come from feeding.

I may try and see if I can pump this time, but either way, I'm just going to do what works best for us. I already know DH will be a little disappointed if I can't, and his Mom (my MIL) will balk at me and give rude comments, but I don't care.

How are you feeling? My due date is just a day before yours, so we only have like 3 weeks left!! I hope your PPD isin't so bad this time, I can't imagine!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
angelina_lover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

By all means mama do what is best for you and baby. As well as your DS {I see in your siggy } With pumping it took so much time away form our oldest DS who was 2 at the time. We used my milk and donated milk which helped to aleviate some time for my family. When my oldest went on formula it was frustrating but was definately easier for us emotionally. I hated the fact that everytime he nursed he would scream and cry and throw it all up.

I am having an amnio on Wednesday because I have been complaining about my dates being wrong from the beginnning. Now that Waylon is measuring full term and weighs approx 9lbs give or take as well as contractions and history of placenta abruption {currently I have Placenta Accreta} they may deliver him Thursday if his lungs are mature. I feel huge, I am not depressed at all and am really excited {I also am still on 10mg of meds }
Are you sleeping at all? I feel like I don't sleep more than 20mins at a time anymore.
angelina_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Awe mama. Hopefully this time around the preggo hormones will make your nipples less sensitive!

Had my 40week appt this morning (my due date is tomorrow). 4cm dialated (up from 1.5cm 2 weeks ago) and 70% effaced (same as 2 weeks ago). The midwife did a sweeping of the membranes so hoping to go into labor tomorrow or Wed at the latest. I am sooooo done! I feel so bad for DS because I am soo cranky and am trying not to take it out on him but I am finding almost everything he is doing lately super annoying poor thing

Contractions (going on almost 3 weeks now) have been getting a bit more intense the last couple days so really hoping the sweeping of the membanes works.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Awe I am the SAME way mama! I tried so hard to nurse DS1 but I had not much support, he had reflux and I had PPD making me HATE nursing... This time I'm more prepared IMO (nipple creams, breast pads, a pump) but I also have a few cans of formula on hand incase I feel overwhelmed again and start resenting DS for eating again (I was so SO sore!!! I cried every time he cried to be fed!)

I am so proud I made it through last week! It was horrible at work - my boss was in Mexico and things got pretty dramatic/stressful being the boss and dealing with the crap my coworkers put me through (one is actively trying to get fired!) I thought for sure with all that drama and stress, I'd go into labor!

Oooh and I am SUPER excited for Friday... Not only is it payday which is always awesome but I get my first internal at my OB so I can find out if I am dialated or no... I'll only be 36 weeks but I am SO ready to be done so this is a huge step for me. LOL!
Old 02-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey Ladies!! Had an appt. this morning. Baby at 36wks is measuring right around 7.3lbs, so with me normally going to 41+ weeks, I'm looking at another 9lber. :/ They said that he still will probably be smaller than my VBAC baby, DS2 at 9.8lbs, so that's a plus. They predicted him at 9.4, so I'm pretty confident in their measurements, however I really was hoping for a dainty 8lber.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelina_lover View Post
By all means mama do what is best for you and baby. As well as your DS {I see in your siggy } With pumping it took so much time away form our oldest DS who was 2 at the time. We used my milk and donated milk which helped to aleviate some time for my family. When my oldest went on formula it was frustrating but was definately easier for us emotionally. I hated the fact that everytime he nursed he would scream and cry and throw it all up.

I am having an amnio on Wednesday because I have been complaining about my dates being wrong from the beginnning. Now that Waylon is measuring full term and weighs approx 9lbs give or take as well as contractions and history of placenta abruption {currently I have Placenta Accreta} they may deliver him Thursday if his lungs are mature. I feel huge, I am not depressed at all and am really excited {I also am still on 10mg of meds }
Are you sleeping at all? I feel like I don't sleep more than 20mins at a time anymore.
Thanks. HOW EXCITING you could have your baby on Thursday!! I'm so anxious for labor, I just want it to happen all ready. I am actually getting really good sleep, so I'm not at that stage where I'm more than ready to be done. I get a really good sleep, so far am not too uncomfortable. So I honestly don't have anything to be miserable over, so I finally just told myself I will be OK with going to 40 weeks or even after. Just hoping I stay this way, and don't start getting more miserable as time goes on. DH's birthday is the 25th of March, and I was kind of hoping their bday's would be close, or atleast in March together. I tried pumping a little and some gentle laxatives to see if labor would start, and I didn't even have ONE contraction!! So I think she is set to stay for a while, and I'm just going to leave it alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
Awe mama. Hopefully this time around the preggo hormones will make your nipples less sensitive!

Had my 40week appt this morning (my due date is tomorrow). 4cm dialated (up from 1.5cm 2 weeks ago) and 70% effaced (same as 2 weeks ago). The midwife did a sweeping of the membranes so hoping to go into labor tomorrow or Wed at the latest. I am sooooo done! I feel so bad for DS because I am soo cranky and am trying not to take it out on him but I am finding almost everything he is doing lately super annoying poor thing

Contractions (going on almost 3 weeks now) have been getting a bit more intense the last couple days so really hoping the sweeping of the membanes works.
I can't believe you are still pregnant! I hope that the baby comes soon, I can't imagine the pain and exhaustion from those weeks of false labor, it is NO fun, and I try to forget it ever happened to me. It's pretty awful. Hopefully baby comes soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJayne View Post
Awe I am the SAME way mama! I tried so hard to nurse DS1 but I had not much support, he had reflux and I had PPD making me HATE nursing... This time I'm more prepared IMO (nipple creams, breast pads, a pump) but I also have a few cans of formula on hand incase I feel overwhelmed again and start resenting DS for eating again (I was so SO sore!!! I cried every time he cried to be fed!)

I am so proud I made it through last week! It was horrible at work - my boss was in Mexico and things got pretty dramatic/stressful being the boss and dealing with the crap my coworkers put me through (one is actively trying to get fired!) I thought for sure with all that drama and stress, I'd go into labor!

Oooh and I am SUPER excited for Friday... Not only is it payday which is always awesome but I get my first internal at my OB so I can find out if I am dialated or no... I'll only be 36 weeks but I am SO ready to be done so this is a huge step for me. LOL!
Yeah, I'm just going to do what works, and I won't know until the time arrives. I ALSO have an appointment on Friday, and I'm getting my first cervical check. I'm NEVER dilated or effaced before labor, and I'm pretty positive I am this time, so I'm anxious to know. I don't mind going to my EDD or a tad later even, as long as I'm not miserable. I'm feeling pretty awesome lately, so hopefully it stays that way. I'm hoping that if I AM dilated or effaced, it will just mean a shorter labor, and I desperately want that! If I have another 20 hour labor I will just die.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #9
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama View Post
Hey Ladies!! Had an appt. this morning. Baby at 36wks is measuring right around 7.3lbs, so with me normally going to 41+ weeks, I'm looking at another 9lber. :/ They said that he still will probably be smaller than my VBAC baby, DS2 at 9.8lbs, so that's a plus. They predicted him at 9.4, so I'm pretty confident in their measurements, however I really was hoping for a dainty 8lber.
Oh my goodness... have you tried EPO to help with dilation/effacement to go earlier? I can't imagine going 41+ weeks!! Luckily this time I'm not miserable, but when I am, I want to get the baby out so bad!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
jellybean2012
Registered Users

My Mood:

Got the bassinet put together this weekend, my mom came over and helped me clean from top to bottom, getting the carpet cleaned tomorrow. Aside from one BH incident, I have felt nothing. 19 days and counting.
jellybean2012 is offline   Reply With Quote