Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry about poor kitty!!! I can't imagine being 9 months pregnant and bottle feeding kittens all day, you are a saint!

Today was my 39 week appointment and everything is looking good, I have been measuring a week ahead the last 3 appointments too. My midwife also said they would strip my membranes next week if I wanted to which was cool because last week they said they don't usually even talk about that until the 41 week appointment but maybe because I am measuring ahead and a second time mom? Oh well either way I think I would go for it if nothing happens before then. Not because I am so done or feel bad but because my sister has a week off of school the next week and it would be great to have her around and not need DH to take time from work (he doesn't get paid vacation)

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #12
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am not looking forward to aching nipples either, although my last baby only weaned several months ago so maybe it won't be so bad!

If pain is what makes you give up on nursing, try Medela nipple shields. Those things saved our nursing relationship when I was bfing our first, and I used them off and on during the first few weeks of nursing my third. Target has them!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #13
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily

Oh my goodness... have you tried EPO to help with dilation/effacement to go earlier? I can't imagine going 41+ weeks!! Luckily this time I'm not miserable, but when I am, I want to get the baby out so bad!
I went 41 and a half weeks with baby number three... I think the most annoying thing is that people kept remarking, "You haven't had that baby yet?"

Um, obviously not! LOL!

Who all is taking EPO orally? I just started doing that yesterday. I'm not in a huge hurry but figured it can't hurt since I am 39 weeks!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #14
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Re: Marchkins Chat 2/27-3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMandy View Post
I think the most annoying thing is that people kept remarking, "You haven't had that baby yet?"

Response;

Yep I had the baby already - I'm just still fat. It's not true but it might give some great faces!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #15
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
I went 41 and a half weeks with baby number three... I think the most annoying thing is that people kept remarking, "You haven't had that baby yet?"

Um, obviously not! LOL!

Who all is taking EPO orally? I just started doing that yesterday. I'm not in a huge hurry but figured it can't hurt since I am 39 weeks!
UGH this!!! At least I don't work in an office anymore, poor DH gets it daily when he shows up from EVERYONE he sees during the day. "So has your wife had the baby" ..."um OBVIOUSLY not, I'm here aren't I" UUGH!

I am taking EPO orally and vaginally. I started 1 week ago (at 39 weeks) at the recommendation of the midwives.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #16
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
Thanks. I tried pumping a little and some gentle laxatives to see if labor would start, and I didn't even have ONE contraction!! So I think she is set to stay for a while, and I'm just going to leave it alone.
What laxative did you use? I wanted to give something a try once I hit 37 weeks(Wednesday)!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
Oh my goodness... have you tried EPO to help with dilation/effacement to go earlier? I can't imagine going 41+ weeks!! Luckily this time I'm not miserable, but when I am, I want to get the baby out so bad!
I haven't tried it yet, since I'm just 36 weeks. I wouldn't mind taking it orally, but to be honest, just not sure I could insert it vaginally. And from what i've heard it works better vaginally than orally right??

Quote:

Um, obviously not! LOL!

YES!!! I was 11 days late w/ DS2 and I loved telling people I was due a over a week prior.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #18
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BTW, anyone heard or seen anything from Peanut?? Noticed she hasn't been on the chat in a while.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #19
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama
BTW, anyone heard or seen anything from Peanut?? Noticed she hasn't been on the chat in a while.
I think she left with all the "clique" hubbub in OT.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #20
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
Sorry about poor kitty!!! I can't imagine being 9 months pregnant and bottle feeding kittens all day, you are a saint!
Thanks. It actually made me pretty tired today, and I was a little shocked and how mean and hostile I got when they wouldn't wait their turns. There is a really big fat one that likes to bite the others to get to the bottle, and I kept putting him in 'time out' on the couch while I fed the others on the floor. I found myself yelling at them now and then to slow down, or quite biting, or 'be good' and stop scratching me for more milk. You should have seen the face on my son. He was shocked, and I almost laughed hysterically because he found it so weird I was so mad at the 'babies'.

Quote:
I am not looking forward to aching nipples either, although my last baby only weaned several months ago so maybe it won't be so bad!

If pain is what makes you give up on nursing, try Medela nipple shields. Those things saved our nursing relationship when I was bfing our first, and I used them off and on during the first few weeks of nursing my third. Target has them!
I definitely think I will try the nipple shields. That might really help!! I remember the first 2 weeks, the latch on/latch off was the MOST painful part, and DS wanted to comfort nurse 24/7. I need to figure out how to solve that if DD does it too. He would barely drink anything, and then fall asleep on me. He would wake up and pull hard if I tried to unlatch him and put him to bed, and then of course 45 minutes later was starving again. I thought I was going to lose my sanity. Hopefully this time it will go better.

Quote:

Um, obviously not! LOL!

I can't figure out how it works orally. The proglastadins (spelling?) are what soften and dilate the cervix, so you would think you would need the liquid right ON your cervix for that to work (just like the sperm works the same way from sex). But... IDK!! If you swallow the pills, can the proglastadins still get there? Or do what they need to? That has always puzzled me, but from all I've read, everyone does it both orally and then vaginally towards the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds View Post
What laxative did you use? I wanted to give something a try once I hit 37 weeks(Wednesday)!
I tried a no-name brand gentle woman's laxative. I took double the daily dose, and then just waited. I JUST read I should have taken it on an empty stomach but you drink to stay hydrated. I'm actually a little bit concerned that even trying that, and the pumping, and just being 37 weeks, and I haven't had ONE painful contraction.. is she not coming out? Is there even a baby in there? Maybe I'm just growing a life-like tumor. Or maybe they were wrong about my dates (they changed me from my LMP due date of 3/30 to the U/S due date of 3/18). But I've been measuring right along with each appt., it's weird. Oh well. I guess out of 4 pregnancies, one is bound to be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezark View Post
I think she left with all the "clique" hubbub in OT.
What is OT? Other thread? I must have missed that? Hope she comes back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama View Post
I haven't tried it yet, since I'm just 36 weeks. I wouldn't mind taking it orally, but to be honest, just not sure I could insert it vaginally. And from what i've heard it works better vaginally than orally right??
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that vaginally gets the stuff done, but everyone takes it orally, too, so I don't know!! My cervix is SO high up right now I can't even touch it (let alone check if I'm dilated), so I don't even know how I would get the liquid up there near the opening even if I wanted to. It feels all soft and squishy, so I'm sure I don't need it in there for the softening. I always thought inserting it vaginally would be awkward, but it's almost like putting a tampon in, and just pushing it up further. DH laughed to death when I read the EPO/lax thread and asked him what an enema was. I said "You insert WATER up WHERE?" and he about died. I guess I thought an enema was like a suppository.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote