Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #21
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins Chat 2/27-3/4

Well I'm told oral sex and swallowing can get labor going because the digestive tract absorbs things faster than other tissue. All power to anyone that wants to go there.

Are all EPO tablets made of wax? Because that is all I have ever been able to find and it gets quite messy (and painful if you don't shave that area)

Advertisement

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
Thanks. I REALLY wish nursing didn't hurt so bad, because I really enjoyed it, and we literally went broke and had an empty pantry having to pay for formula, it was awful. This time I started looking for formula checks early, to help get the liquid formulas really cheap. I would get SO angry during nursing from the pain, that it was an awful experience. I wanted that bonding time, and all I was doing was hoping he would eat fast, be done, and then I wanted to lay him down and run away. Once he was on the bottle, it was great. I could feed him, cuddle with him, and have that 'loving' moment that is supposed to come from feeding.

I may try and see if I can pump this time, but either way, I'm just going to do what works best for us. I already know DH will be a little disappointed if I can't, and his Mom (my MIL) will balk at me and give rude comments, but I don't care.

How are you feeling? My due date is just a day before yours, so we only have like 3 weeks left!! I hope your PPD isin't so bad this time, I can't imagine!
It's totally possible that it won't hurt as much this time! Nursing really should not be painful, so it could have been something with his latch, or a vasovagal reflex in your nipples...there should be SOME reason why it hurt so much last time. I definitely would try it again and see if you have the same issues before writing it off or even planning to pump exclusively. Exclusively pumping is really hard!

Also, has anyone heard of the homeopathic caulophyllum to induce labor? I went to a doula meeting tonight and one of the doulas said that after reading about it in her midwifery textbook she had recommended it to several clients who needed to induce labor for one reason or another. She said that it has worked 6 times, including in her own labor the 3rd time. Her first 2 she went 9 days overdue, but the 3rd she took it on her due date and contractions started 6 hours later. Apparently it's the homeopathic version of blue cohash, but since it's homeopathic, it's much milder and has no adverse side effects. Gentler than castor oil.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #23
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
UGH this!!! At least I don't work in an office anymore, poor DH gets it daily when he shows up from EVERYONE he sees during the day. "So has your wife had the baby" ..."um OBVIOUSLY not, I'm here aren't I" UUGH!

I am taking EPO orally and vaginally. I started 1 week ago (at 39 weeks) at the recommendation of the midwives.
have you tried the caulophyllum? I think I'm going to use it on my due date if I haven't had the baby by then. I really want my mom to be there, and it seems like the mildest induction method out there.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #24
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MyKzooFamily- I also wanted to say that it hurt like crap for 2 weeks (maybe 3) to nurse after claire was born. I bit my lips and didn't tell anyone how much it hurt, because I could tell that her latch was fine and thought maybe we would just need to grow out of it. That is what happened. After those first weeks the pain went away and it was fine. I hope it doesn't hurt this time, but it might be that it just takes a few weeks.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #25
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
MyKzooFamily- I also wanted to say that it hurt like crap for 2 weeks (maybe 3) to nurse after claire was born. I bit my lips and didn't tell anyone how much it hurt, because I could tell that her latch was fine and thought maybe we would just need to grow out of it. That is what happened. After those first weeks the pain went away and it was fine. I hope it doesn't hurt this time, but it might be that it just takes a few weeks.
That is good to know. I'm going to nurse as long as I can, and hope that in time the pain will go away. I only nursed DS for 2-3 weeks, so I feel like I really didn't give it a fighting chance. I'm hoping to nurse 2-3 months this time, and then after that time, if it's still painful, try pumping or just switch to formula. Thanks for sharing.. I'm hoping that it will be the case for me!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #26
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
Well I'm told oral sex and swallowing can get labor going because the digestive tract absorbs things faster than other tissue. All power to anyone that wants to go there.

Are all EPO tablets made of wax? Because that is all I have ever been able to find and it gets quite messy (and painful if you don't shave that area)
Hahaha.. well I'm definitely going to start taking EPO orally then! For the EPO vaginally, I bought some Instead Cups that you can use to keep liquid close to the uterus (people use these for home insems if they have trouble getting pregnant, and want sperm to hang out there for better chances, but they are used as menstrual cups). I bet you could squeeze out the contents of the EPO tablets and put them in the cups, and then put them up there. I actually tried that, but it made me cramp really bad, I don't think I have the room for the cup up there, it made it really uncomfortable. But if it did work for you, you could have EPO liquid up there night and day. Just wish it worked for me.. I might have to try it again tomorrow.

But I'll just take more orally. Although I have found I feel more nauseated when I take them. Ugh.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #27
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post

there is no pain. They do leak (best to do it overnight and wear a pad) and then when you get up to go to the bathroom (for me in the middle of the night) the capsules just come out when you go potty), no pain or anything.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #28
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
have you tried the caulophyllum? I think I'm going to use it on my due date if I haven't had the baby by then. I really want my mom to be there, and it seems like the mildest induction method out there.
We did last time, there were two caolophyllum and another one which the name escapes me. I took both and they started contractions but only while I was taking them (like when I slept there was nothing). I forgot to ask the midwife this morning about taking them now (I had asked at 37 weeks and she said it was too early for that kind of intervention as she wanted me to be closer to 40 weeks --which I totally understood).
Old 02-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #29
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:

It hurt for us too but DS had a neurological issue where he thought biting was how it worked (like no sucking, just bite bite bite). I was told that was due to him being born a bit early and early babies sometimes don't have their "wiring" finished up quite yet so can have nursing problems. We ended up taking him to a cranial-sacral therapist and whatever he did worked. I was totally about to give up too (at about 3weeks). It DID get better (and hopefully does for you too, but I have been told the first few weeks are the hardest and that definitely was our experience).
Old 02-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #30
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hoping this is it!! 6-7 min apart 1min duration and getting more intense.