Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
mom2B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Exclamation Help troubled co sleeping pics of arrangements please.

hello, Iam so troubled I have a 9 month old sleeping with us in a king size bed. She is a wiggle worm all night long and then me and hubby end up sleeping on a bed maybe a twin size by morning now my body is saying enough. So id like to get some of your ideas of how to put something on the side of a bed or something. any info is good

Advertisement

mom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
kaleighsmommi
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help troubled co sleeping pics of arrangements please.

Are you meaning like a bed rail? Or one of those arms reach bassinet type things?

Heres a link to the bed rails at walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catal...atNavId=132943

And a link to the cosleepers at walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/searc...31361378202498

Last edited by kaleighsmommi; 04-23-2007 at 09:10 PM.
kaleighsmommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you can add a crib on one side with the side rail off or use a pack n play (what we are doing) or you can push one side of the bed up to the wall with a bed rail on the other...

but if you are just looking to give baby more room, try a crib with one side off shoved up to the bed. If you are low on money I would use a pack n play instead. (although thats lower to the ground)
Old 04-23-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:

We have a crib sidecar.
This is the best picture I can find of our set up. This is at the old house, we no longer have/use a head board.

We took the side that goes up and down off our crib, pushed it up against the wall and shoved our bed up to it. I got a piece of plywood cut in 1/2 and put it on the springs of the crib across onto our box spring and then put the mattress down. Because our king is a pillow top we actual have 2 crib mattresses on it. Between the crib mattress and ours there’s a gap. We have a body pillow tucked in there. In the picture we had the mattress so the gap was by the rail and had the body pillow tucked in there.
Here’s a link to directions.
http://purplekangaroopuzzle.blogspot...ecar-crib.html

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #5
GodStillTalks
Registered Users
seller

Awesome! I had no idea that we weren't the only ones that used a crib like that! We have a king size bed, on the floor instead of in a frame so that it isn't a fall risk for our kids. And then we have a crib with the rail off pushed up against the bed. It converts to a toddler bed, so we used that piece in lieu of the rail so there is still structural support on that side. The heights match perfectly. I can kinda lay into her crib and nurse my babe to sleep, and then slip over next to DH. On my husbands side of the bed, there is a toddler bed up against our bed. It is usually empty, but sometimes one of toddlers comes in. It is also the "sick bed" for kids to sleep in when they are sick.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:22 AM   #6
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have our crib side-car like the above pic.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:27 AM   #7
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by five-littlemonkeys View Post
We have a crib sidecar.
This is the best picture I can find of our set up. This is at the old house, we no longer have/use a head board.

We took the side that goes up and down off our crib, pushed it up against the wall and shoved our bed up to it. I got a piece of plywood cut in 1/2 and put it on the springs of the crib across onto our box spring and then put the mattress down. Because our king is a pillow top we actual have 2 crib mattresses on it. Between the crib mattress and ours there’s a gap. We have a body pillow tucked in there. In the picture we had the mattress so the gap was by the rail and had the body pillow tucked in there.
Here’s a link to directions.
http://purplekangaroopuzzle.blogspot...ecar-crib.html
this is exactly what we do and it works out well...after he wakes up to nurse at night i move him back. sometimes he does wiggle back but not often.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #8
MistyP
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchPunkMom View Post
We have our crib side-car like the above pic.
We DID have our crib side-car like above. I hooked it together with bungie straps!! It was great until DD decides she wants to crawl around now and has almost crawled off the bed while I was asleep.

So, last night I moved the crib over and put the rail back up. The is a little space between her crib and our bed. I soothed her back to sleep at 12:30, nursed her around 2:30. I did wake up this morning with her in between DH and I and I don't remember getting her. She seems to like being in the crib. She pulled herself up in it for the first time this morning and was very proud of it (I would post a pic but I don't want to highjack the thread!)
Old 04-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #9
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

add a picture!!!