Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

starting 3 day tomorrow ; LO hates underpants!

I got everything ready to start the 3 day potty boot camp tomorrow, and when I've put the underpants on my son to see if they fit, he freaks! He says "ouchie", as he does with things that aren't comfy.

I don't want to do it naked, for various reasons including that naked is as typical as diapers, and he's as comfortable peeing and pooing naked as in diapers.

Ideas? I washed and washed them and added fabric softener... Got him boxer briefs (its all I could find that was tiny enough, except Kicky Pants which are crazy expensive)...

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: starting 3 day tomorrow ; LO hates underpants!

That's tough mama. Boxer briefs tend to fit snugly. Maybe if you bought him regular boxers they would feel better? or the smaller briefs if you can find some small enough for him? Or maybe try all white (girl's) panties/briefs because I know they often make smaller sizes in girls underwear more readily available than the boys because they tend to potty train faster than boys? That's tough, though. Good luck! I hope the 3-day potty training works better for you than it did for my DD :-)

The hurt a troubled child creates is never greater than the hurt they feel inside. -T.
Shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

Can you try underwear in a size bigger until he gets used to them? Even if they are almost hanging off his bottom, with stretchy sweats on over them they will probably stay up. Or you could just let him wear sweats with no underwear until he's willing to wear the underwear?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked for plain white girl underpants, couldn't find any. It's all about cartoon licensing I guess.

But he got over it, part way through the day. I just kept putting them on him and distracting him.

Unfortunately, we've also had almost no success, just lots of wet underpants. He absolutely doesn't care when he pees on himself. Before his nap we got 2 pees in the potty... After his nap (woke up dry as usual) I did 5 minute intervals because I knew he'd go soon... And in between he just peed on the floor. When I pick him up he stops peeing, but then doesn't start again on the potty.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

Was today the first day? DS had all accidents the first day, too. I started viewing every 'caught' accident as one more lesson and that helped with my sanity.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Last edited by hibiscus869; 02-29-2012 at 06:44 PM.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosehughes
Was today the first day? DS had all accidents the first day, too. I started viewing every 'caught' accident as one more lesson and that helped with my sanity.
Yeah I just switched methods too, from the Boot Camp to the eBook that turns up when you google 3 day potty training. It's been much less stress and more results.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII

Yeah I just switched methods too, from the Boot Camp to the eBook that turns up when you google 3 day potty training. It's been much less stress and more results.
That's what we used (I think); hope it works for you!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
Shalom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I like her approach to potty training, but it didn't work for us (we tried 4 days, and then she went back to preschool and they can't devote that time to training/accidents). Hope it's going better for you.

The hurt a troubled child creates is never greater than the hurt they feel inside. -T.
Shalom is offline   Reply With Quote