Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Homebirth Mamas - birth box

Ok, here is my blog post with what's in my birth box. Am I forgetting anything else? 37 weeks on Thursday....!

http://onelittlewordsheknew.blogspot...birth-box.html

Advertisement

Christy - breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural living, homeschooling, homebirthing, stay at home mama to Lucy (9), Julia (7), Esther (4), Isaac (2), and Baby in Oct my blog about healthy living and mothering
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homebirth Mamas - birth box

Labor-friendly food. I know you went fast last time--so did I-- but in the event it lasts longer since every birth is different, you'll want some things on hand that are easily digestible and just as easy to grab and go without much prep. My preference is yogurt and granola bars.

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Oh good points! I think we're pretty well stocked, I hit up all the grocery stores and Costco last week. Granola bars are in the freezer too.
Christy - breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural living, homeschooling, homebirthing, stay at home mama to Lucy (9), Julia (7), Esther (4), Isaac (2), and Baby in Oct my blog about healthy living and mothering
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I made some granola bars yesterday Last time I didn't eat anything because it was super late and pretty fast, but I am trying to keep my mind open about the possibility of a longer labor, so I'm trying to prepare for possibly needing food during the birth.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your list looks good to me Our midwives also requested that we have a cookie sheet and heating pad in case baby needs medical aid, and we have a bowl for the placenta.
Snacks are a definite must, but something I have trouble coming up with ideas for... But given this is day 3 of prodromal labour, I have just been eating normal meals so far Hopefully active labour won't be drawn out!

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

DDC...I want to know more about the elastic band someone mentioned in the comments! Do you know anything about it?

ETA: Your list looks great, BTW. Simple but covered all the basics. Makes me feel like I'm over prepared. This will be my first homebirth (due in April).

Last edited by TPLmommy; 03-02-2012 at 01:18 AM.
TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote