Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dingy Bottombumpers

I bought some bottombumpers off FSOT and they are really dingy and stained near the leg elastic. I tried sunning one (I bought them in different batches) and it didn't help. I never have any problems with my BGEs sunning out completely so I don't know what the deal is!

Any suggestions? I washed in oxy and bleach and then again with RLR. What's next?

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dingy Bottombumpers

I had some that way, diff brand. Eve the mf was dark brown. I soaked in vinegar and dawn all day. The sanitised them with 3/4 cup bleach and plenty of tide and baking soda. Cleaned right up. I used a ton of dawn in the sink though.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck lol! I have the same problem with 2 used Bottombumpers. I knew they were stained when I bought them so it's ok. I have tried several overnight soaks with: RLR, RnG, OxiClean, and Bleach. I've also sunned them 3 different times. The stain has faded until it's almost gone but it's still there.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuel
Good luck lol! I have the same problem with 2 used Bottombumpers. I knew they were stained when I bought them so it's ok. I have tried several overnight soaks with: RLR, RnG, OxiClean, and Bleach. I've also sunned them 3 different times. The stain has faded until it's almost gone but it's still there.
Glad to know it's not just me!
Old 03-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

We use Bottombumpers, and yes they do seem to get dingy. But I don't care at all about stains, since they are just diapers, so it has never bothered me. The diapers work great for us, so I figure that's what really matters.