Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
maple79vt
Registered Users
seller

Fitteds ramble

Okay, I know that this has been asked many times. I have spent a fair amount of time reading all of those threads. I still don't get it. I get the wanting cute prints like wanting cute underwear. If you see my daughter's ultra cute stash you'd know that I understand this point.

So here are my thoughts and please let me know if my thinking is way out in left field.

~Fitteds are a good option for kids who can't tolare synthetic material.

~Fitteds work better with a PUL cover then a pocket because the soakers are separate from the shell?

~Are most fitteds made without a stay dry liner?

With my curiousity I made a couple for my daughter in hopes that I might understand or get the fitted love bug. I'm still not sure I understand, but I really want to!

Now to completely contradict myself but that is what I do best I like them. I think I'll make some more because it's something different. Perhaps that is the real draw, it's something different to spice them up. Now to convince my dh to like them??

Advertisement

WAHM wife to DH since 2004, momma to ds 2005, dd 2007 and our latest edition dd June 2011! We are a homeschooling, bfeeding, clothdiapering, babywearing family! Making diapers has become my obsession! http://www.etsy.com/shop/anibows?ref=si_shop , http://www.anibows.com/anibums---diapers.html
maple79vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
floridatracy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Fitteds ramble

Fitteds absorb more than pockets because the entire diaper is able to absorb the pee and with pockets just the insert absorbs the pees. Of course if you have a really great pocket insert and a not so great fitted than this could be a different story.

Some fitteds have a soaker in them with a stay dry layer. One example would be the itti bitti boo.

My husband just pretends they don't exist. He has not found the fitted love. he doesn't get it, thinks it's weird and leaves those for me. Since I didn't really discover fitted until a few months into cloth diapering I have plenty of pockets and AIO's for him
floridatracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
AlligatorAnne
Registered Users
seller

Fitteds can be really cute- but then they just get covered up with a cover. I thought I would love fitteds but I don't love that my daughter's entire bum gets wet, can't be very comfortable. I use them for night diapers... I do love my Ecobaby Organics fitted diaper, it seems to absorb more and not feel soaking wet like my Kissaluv. But they are cute!
AlligatorAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Fitted at night rock. They go the distrance. You can wash them in very hot water and not ruin the pul. They are so soft. They are an excuse to put your lo in wool.:-) Just my thoughts.
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
Ladyflower
Registered Users

I also just use fitteds for night time. I do prefer our BG pockets for daytime because they are stay dry. I find pockets during the daytime when properly stuffed have plenty of absorbancy. I do use fitteds for night time because the whole diaper does absorb so it will hold more and there are less chance for leaks. I have 4 fitted diapers that we rotate - 1 Thirsties fab fitted duo, 1 ME OS, 1 homemade with cotton velour and sherpa, and 1 homemade with bamboo fleece, terry and velour. I prefer the homemade bamboo diaper because it fits him the best and absorbs a lot. I plan on making a couple more and ditching the Thirsties and ME since I don't care for either of those very much. I'll probably replace the homemade velour/sherpa dipe too since the materials make for a quite bulky dipe. I just usually use a Flip cover or Grovia Wonderwrap over the fitteds. Ds rarely ever has a leak at night time anymore.
Ladyflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
MaMaJodiapers
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have always loved fitted for night too (if your baby can do wool). During the day- you get a big bubble but- making it difficult to find clothes. However, in the summer, baby can be all day with a fitted (no cover)- no problem (naps excluded).
Old 03-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #7
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We go coverless at home with fitteds. I don't like pul covers. we prefur wool and some fleece. I have a cpl good go byebye pockets for going out. Fitteds absorb so much, they are natural materials, and breathable.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #8
yellowdog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We use fitteds here! I love them. I like being able to go without a cover at home. And at night I don't have leaks (DS sleeps 12-13 hours) and the diaper isn't even completely soaked. I add a fleece liner at night for a stay dry feel and to keep moisture wicked away a bit.

My fitted stash consists of Pianissimo, Bumstoppers (love her newly designed OS - very trim), and a few Mutts. We also have some Alva pockets for going out and when I'm looking for something different. DH prefers pockets but will also use the fitteds, especially if I don't have them stuffed and ready to go.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
mrsbernstein
Registered Users

We have fitted love here! And Pocket love! And AIO Love!

I love our fitteds for several reasons:
CUTENESS!
absorbancy
CUTENESS
so soft on baby's bum

For out-of-doors, an Econobum cover is GREAT for still being able to see the print.

And we go coverless aroudn the house.

Mrs B
mrsbernstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
havingfun
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started using fitteds with DD because she could not use synthetic materials (including covers). I had prefolds but with a wool or fleece cover the poo would blow out every time no matter how tight I had them on the thighs. So I went to fitteds (Mutts )to help contain the poo and they were great!
And DS is the opposite! Needs the stay dry...so now we use pockets!