Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Fitteds ramble

I think my son has found the fitted love more then me, he's six. I asked him to go get his sister a diaper and he picked the fitted I had made, and most of the diapers were clean. Of course I should also mention that what he really wanted was a reason for her to wear the owl cover. I think I'm starting to get it. I think I might have to make some more.

WAHM wife to DH since 2004, momma to ds 2005, dd 2007 and our latest edition dd June 2011! We are a homeschooling, bfeeding, clothdiapering, babywearing family! Making diapers has become my obsession! ,
maple79vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #12
Registered Users
Re: Fitteds ramble

We have a big stash of fitteds, but they are rarely used. But they're there just in case I change my mind. Instead we do pockets and that works for us.

I love all those cute prints, but it does bug me that they get covered by a plain cover. Even if you have 6 covers, that doesn't compare to the variety of a dozen pockets. So the lack of variety on the outside is a turn off for me. We don't own duplicates of any pocket dipes.

I also didn't like that they weren't stay dry. We had absorbancy problems, so we decided to give fitteds a try for overnights. For one week we had a 9 month old baby that all of a sudden was up 2 or 3 times in the night and waking up several hours early and just crabby all day. We found more absorbent liners for the BGs and instantly she was sleeping through the night again from 9pm to 10am. Phew.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #13
Lagoon Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: Nat1111
I also use fitted at nights, although I have ordered some fleece liners to prevent him from feeling damp because I think the wetness it causing him to wake up too. We'll see, he is only 3 months so who knows?!
__________________ Huge selection of cloth diapers in Canada!
Lagoon Baby is offline   Reply With Quote