Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
teapot10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cover over a sposie?

So a friend of mine saw my stash and asked me a question that I've never been asked before...

Can you put a cute cover over a sposie? If so, which ones are best?

She works full-time and her DH is a stay-at-home dad...she's not open to switching to cloth but I would like to get her a few covers that she can put over her ugly sposies in the summer time when it's really hot and her little one is running around the house in just a diaper.

Any recommendations?

Advertisement

teapot10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
omgcupcake
Registered Users
seller

Any cover would work, really. I work and go to school full time and my husband is a stay at home dad and we don't have any problems using cloth diapers.

Maine-ly Cloth Blog
omgcupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
tweety612
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Cover over a sposie?

What about cloth with disposable inserts? Or compostable inserts? Flip covers are really trim and would fit over a sposie, but they only come in solid colors.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teapot10 View Post
I would like to get her a few covers that she can put over her ugly sposies in the summer time when it's really hot and her little one is running around the house in just a diaper.
Because the poor little thing needs something else to hold the nasty chemicals in the disposables tighter to his/her privates and make it hotter then it is?
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
johnsbabymama
Registered Users
seller

that would be one hot diaper!!! I bet if you asked the baby, they would probably say no cover cause that would be uncomfortably hot
johnsbabymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
teapot10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmsrk View Post
Because the poor little thing needs something else to hold the nasty chemicals in the disposables tighter to his/her privates and make it hotter then it is?
I know, I know ladies, I've been trying for weeks to "persuade" her to switch to cloth and she's just not interested...I thought maybe if I at least got an AI2 or pocket diaper into her possession, she'd see how easy it can be. ;-)
Old 02-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #7
mgmsrk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teapot10 View Post
I know, I know ladies, I've been trying for weeks to "persuade" her to switch to cloth and she's just not interested...I thought maybe if I at least got an AI2 or pocket diaper into her possession, she'd see how easy it can be. ;-)
Except her only interest is to cover the garbage she puts on her kid. So if YOU buy it you are contributing to the poor little thing being more uncomfortable.

Is it a boy?
mgmsrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
belle7611
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by teapot10
So a friend of mine saw my stash and asked me a question that I've never been asked before...

Can you put a cute cover over a sposie? If so, which ones are best?

She works full-time and her DH is a stay-at-home dad...she's not open to switching to cloth but I would like to get her a few covers that she can put over her ugly sposies in the summer time when it's really hot and her little one is running around the house in just a diaper.

Any recommendations?
Actually, I have used a Thirsties cover over sposies for the two times I've had to put dd in them. First was when traveling and had no laundry access and second was during a yeast rash. I *always* have poo blow outs with sposies and when we would be sitting in a car for 12 hours I did not want dd to be sitting in poo up her back. I did not have a single blow out when I put the cover over the sposie!! I still hate sposies as they stink and could not get us through a night without leaks like my cloth but it was better than the alternative. I used the Thirsties duo cover in aplix FYI - they are nice and trim and super quick to put on!!
belle7611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #9
teapot10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay, seems like I asked the wrong question, sorry if I offended anyone. I would never do anything to make her baby more uncomfortable. I'll just find her a different gift.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
teapot10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle7611 View Post
Actually, I have used a Thirsties cover over sposies for the two times I've had to put dd in them. First was when traveling and had no laundry access and second was during a yeast rash. I *always* have poo blow outs with sposies and when we would be sitting in a car for 12 hours I did not want dd to be sitting in poo up her back. I did not have a single blow out when I put the cover over the sposie!! I still hate sposies as they stink and could not get us through a night without leaks like my cloth but it was better than the alternative. I used the Thirsties duo cover in aplix FYI - they are nice and trim and super quick to put on!!
Thank you.