Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
CAaddict
Registered Users
seller

Just a rant.

I think I am selling 3 BG AIOs for $10. It's my own fault!

I listed 3 vguc-euc small 3.0s on eBay with a starting bid of $9.99. I've always had excellent luck selling on eBay (like, I feel guilty taking that much for used dipes!) and usually my BG auctions are bid up quickly.

Well, there is a day left and only one bid. Are people not as interested in the discontinued 3.0s as I thought? I am in Canada so I had to make shipping somewhat steep ($10 for the 3)--would that turn people off?

As I type this, I realize that's about $7 ppd per diaper. I guess that's not bad!

Sorry, def not trying to spam my auction, I've just been really disappointed not getting bid notifications, lol.
Oh well, anything is better than nothing! and really, $7-ish ppd isn't bad...

Advertisement

CAaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just a rant.

I don't start to worry with ebay until the last hour. People love bidding at the last minute. I've had stuff go nuts in the last 10 seconds. Hope it works out for you!
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
CAaddict
Registered Users
seller

Thank you! I've had the last hour madness happen too, but usually with my BG auctions things get up there within a day!

Really, I'm just having an off day...DS is horribly sad and sick with a nasty cold, and of course I'm trying to justify my latest Kissed By The Moon purchase to DH! Haha! It would help if these diapers would sell for a teeeeny bit more and at least get me out of the doghouse with DH
Old 02-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskamum View Post
I don't start to worry with ebay until the last hour. People love bidding at the last minute. I've had stuff go nuts in the last 10 seconds. Hope it works out for you!
This..... I try not to worry until it hit below the 24 hour mark ... BTW you do know you can cancel any auction up until it goes below 24hours even with bids. Just and fyi
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
CAaddict
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalibratx4

This..... I try not to worry until it hit below the 24 hour mark ... BTW you do know you can cancel any auction up until it goes below 24hours even with bids. Just and fyi
I didn't know! Thanks for the tip!

I realize I should have just started it higher, but I've never had a problem getting a more than fair price for my BG stuff.

Thanks for the positive comments, mamas I really love the DS support!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I echo what others have said. I wouldn't worry unless there is only like an hour left and there is only one bid. I guess that's the risk with ebay. You could set it to not sell if you don't reach a min price but I think that costs money if you don't meet it (I don't sell on ebay so I don't really know for sure just that people can put a min selling price outside of the 'starting' bid)
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #7
zootzmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to say I love your avatar pic! My DS has that same pair of footie pajamas and I just LOVE them!!
zootzmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #8
CAaddict
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zootzmomma
Just wanted to say I love your avatar pic! My DS has that same pair of footie pajamas and I just LOVE them!!
Love Carter's fleece from Costco!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:51 AM   #9
momgoddess
Registered Users
seller

Whenever I bid on eBay, I use a sniper service to bid in the last 5 seconds, lots of people don't like to bid early because then bidding wars hike the price up. It's better to let the naive person who thinks they are getting 3 BG for $10 think they are winning....then in the last 5 seconds, rip it away from them without them even knowing what happened! I bet that it will sell for much more.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momgoddess View Post
Whenever I bid on eBay, I use a sniper service to bid in the last 5 seconds, lots of people don't like to bid early because then bidding wars hike the price up. It's better to let the naive person who thinks they are getting 3 BG for $10 think they are winning....then in the last 5 seconds, rip it away from them without them even knowing what happened! I bet that it will sell for much more.
I do that too! I don't even look at ones that are ending in over 24 hours normally and then don't bid until under a minute.
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote