Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #21
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ear piercing... What age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamilynn84 View Post
Fyi when i was staring at the mall piercings today, they used single use piecers, not a reloadable gun. These are the same ones you can buy at a beauty supply store too.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect

These are better from a hygiene stand point however if you watch how the employee uses them they are rarely as sterile as they should be. There is no where to wash their hands in the shop for example and they touch things with gloves on before touching the gun and child. These guns are also more likely to malfunction than the old reusable variety, though those could malfunction as well. Malfunctions include misplacement (slanting inside the ear), breaking during use, and getting stuck half in and half out of the ear. The trauma to the skin is the same from these as with the older guns.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #22
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD asked when she was 4. We talked to her about the procedure. She wasn't interested in the pain/care. She asked again when she was 5. Again, went over everything with her and she was still interested so we took her in at 5 1/2. It has been fantastic!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #23
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper_girl_76 View Post
DD asked when she was 4. We talked to her about the procedure. She wasn't interested in the pain/care. She asked again when she was 5. Again, went over everything with her and she was still interested so we took her in at 5 1/2. It has been fantastic!
This has been Tharen, he has been asking for a while but when I tell him it will hurt he says "maybe later." He wants Hello Kitty earrings and I am having a hard time finding actual body jewelry with Hello Kitty and I worry about him being allergic to cheaper jewelry (he is allergic to almost everything and my mom and I both have metal sensitivities). He is getting more insistent about the piercings happening "soon" as he is getting older so I think probably very soon now. I found a piercer willing so I will be ready when he is (Mr D who did Kearnan moved and my tattoo artist's wife quit and became a mortician instead). He says he wants earrings like mine but with Hello Kitty. My ears are stretched to a 2G and will soon be a 0G though so that isn't happening for him any time soon.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #24
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD has been asking and she is 3. At first she would say no when I said it would hurt but now she tells me that it won't hurt lol I'm not sure I'm ready for earrings yet...she is just so young!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #25
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
Formerly: Stacey***ke3
seller
seller

I had my DD1's ears pierced at some kiosk in the mall similar to Claires ETA: as a 3ish month old infant. Never again. I don't know if it's because of the piercing gun used or if she is like me and has metal allergies, but every single time I put earrings in (even the hypo-allergenic kind) she immediately ends up with red lobes and itchiness that leads to scabbing, closing up, etc. She's 5.5 now.

DD2 is about 2.5. I promised myself to never have her ears pierced til she asked- preferably by a tattoo/piercing shop because I've had a few piercings done and it's so much better in the shop rather than with the gun.
EveryDayIsANewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #26
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

Our dd is almost 13 and just recently we allowed her to get hers pierced. I got mine done at 13 too. I felt this was an age where she could totally take responsibility for keeping up with pricey earrings.

Meanwhile, she has friends that have all sorts of piercings and all over the place. We are typically odd man out on these types of things. But we always say different houses, different rules. LOL

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 02-29-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #27
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukawww
So far all of mine have asked by age 4 but we make them keep asking and give them the option to do it right before kindergarten if they still want. Dd1 chose this, dd2 waited till halfway through K to ask, and dd3 has been asking since she was 3. She starts K this fall.
Where do you get them done at? Kelli has been asking and I'm tempted to let her.

Using my DS app, please excuse the lack of proofreading.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:29 AM   #28
Urchin
Registered Users
seller

Audrina will be allowed when she is 5 or starts asking, whichever is last.

It that point she will go to a professional piercer and have them done with a needle. No piercing gun will ever come near my child.
Urchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:31 AM   #29
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD got hers done the day she turned 3 months. That way she didn't remember the pain and didnt mess with them.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #30
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

When she asks and not until probably 5 for my comfort. I doubt she will ask before then because I don't wear earrings unless special occasion and although my older niece had hers pierced as a baby my sister regretted it and took them out a while ago and her younger sister doesn't have them pierced at all so DD won't really see it or want it.