Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How many do I need? and what works best?

I didn't CD my son until he was about 6 months old so I never had to worry with the itty bitty stages. I am going to be babysitting my nephew a few days/month when my SIL goes back to work (she's due in 6 weeks). He'll be about 6-8 weeks when she goes back to work. I'm making a few diapers and I'm wondering what works best for little ones as far as diapers and covers go. Also how many will i need? I'll only have him during the day while SIL is at work and only a few days a month so I can wash each evening after he gets picked up.

I've made 1 rocket bottoms OS fitted, 1 NSFW and 1 QSFW so far just experimenting with different patterns. I like the RB pattern as far as a real fitted goes, but I'm wondering if it's going to be too bulky with the smaller size. The NSFW is the easiest IMO and I didn't mind using prefolds with DS so I'm thinking this would be a good route, but do I risk BF poo explosions? DS wasn't BFd anymore by the time we CDd.

Help me please. I need recommendations for covers as well. I plan to make a couple of fleece covers, but I think I'd prefer the PUL covers.

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How many do I need? and what works best?

My baby was a pooping and peeing machine, and we changed 20-26 diapers a day. Frequent changes sometimes every half hour. For the tiny stage I really liked the NB and size small diapers because other things were just too bulky.

We didn't have too many blowouts or leaking problems, but I think that was because she was changed so often and right away. She was such an easy going and calm baby, and it seemed like the only time she cried was for a dirty diaper so we really did have to change her constantly to keep her happy.

We had a variety of things: pockets, AIOs, prefolds, hybrids, and fitteds. Hands down my favorite was any of the AIOs because of their simplicity with frequent changes. DH liked prefolds and covers the best.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:23 AM   #3
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many do I need? and what works best?

For a 6 week old, during the day only, I'd probably have 12-15 diapers on hand.