Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Let's share Stash Storage/Changing Station ideas!

Hi Mommas! Since I've joined DS I've come across plenty of great ideas for storing my stash and setting up my changing station for ease of use. So I am starting a thread for us to share pics of our setups.... Because I know there are always more good ideas out there!
Here's mine:
Prior to purchasing our changing table, we were using DS' bassinet, which worked wonderfully well until he outgrew it at around 6 months. Our bassinet had a storage basket underneath that held all of our prefolds perfectly. It was setup beside our pack-n-play which had a nifty little diaper stacker and wipes holder. Here's a pic of DS in it, right before we got the changing table:

So far, I am very pleased with our Jenny Lind changing table as well. The posts and open wood work have come in handy. I use one post to hang the plastic icecream bucket off of, we use this to deposit soiled #2 dipes and wipes, to be carried to the bathroom and sprayed off (a wonderful idea I stole from a DS Momma on here), and I always have a toy or two clipped on to the changing table to keep my little acrobat occupied during a change. This particular day, DS carried Mr. Froggy to the table with him. I've placed our changing table in front of a pass through into our living room, which has worked out great, because the pass through provides me a shelf to air out DS' wool between changes, and place more toys for DS' viewing pleasure (Yes, my guy loves Frogs!). So far DS is short enough I can keep his box of wet cloth wipes, powder and diaper creams at the end of the changing pad. These items will probably move to the pass through shelf once he starts kicking them off! I've also quit using my pail liners in my diaper pail, as I found I was wiping down the interior of the pail with disinfectant at every wash, so why bother with pail liners, right?

We've moved on to Bamboozle fitteds for DS, since he's such a squirmy little guy, and I've found they are handily stored in the diaper stacker that came with his nursery set.

On the first shelf we store the stuff we grab for the most. Birdseye flats - so handy! - we use them for "pee-pee tee-pees", burp cloths, and nap-time doublers; dry cloth wipes; waterproof flannel changing pads - so I don't have to wash the pad cover as often; Bummis fleece liners - great for catching poo & protecting dipes from diaper cream; and flannel/zorb doublers, I made myself, we use these for overnight doublers and pocket stuffers. The basket holds snappis, lotion, Purell, vaseline, q-tips, bulb syringe, and a box of disposable wipes for those days I don't get around to mixing up solution for our cloth wipes soon enough.

On the bottom shelf I store his hemp prefolds (I can't completely give up the prefold love!), Bummis Whisper Pants (used with the random onesies people still gift us with, and on wool wash day), and the handful of Starbunz covers and pockets we have just for fun.

So far this is working for us, but I am always looking for other great ideas, so post away Mommas!

Advertisement

BigSamsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
BonnyJean
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Let's share Stash Storage/Changing Station ideas!

You have inspired me to clean up, purge and organize my table! lol its been a huge mess of stuff just shoved in the shelves, its so much nicer now!!!

this is the view from the doorway to my laundry room. of course as I was cleaning up the table, ds needed to test it out lol

This is the drawer. mostly doublers, my pretty dyed rainbow water ones, the plain ones I made and then some of unknown origin from hand me downs lol. You can't see in the back of the drawer, I have his swim dipes and some too small knitted soakers I have to keep.

These are the bottom shelves. Top shelf back row has a bunch of large and extra large dipes that we have been gifted or I have left from dd. Also, my covers I sometimes use are back there. front row has my rainbow waters diapers and covers and some knitted covers from friends (mostly Jayne from Smiley Pomegranate!)

bottom shelf has all my pretty wool pants and shorts. One pair of knitted each that I was gifted and the rest are rainbow waters interlock. also, my prefolds that are used as extra nighttime protection, changing table covers, or "oops I am out of dipes and need to wash them NOW" days lol

so there you have it! my newly organized and pretty changing table! lol and a stinky boy as a bonus lol

Bonny

Last edited by BonnyJean; 02-26-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: fixing pics...
BonnyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Thanks Bonny! You just inspired me to store my wool on my changing table shelves. I am in the routine of keeping DS' wool upstairs and everynight I walk up there, and grab two pieces for the next day. Obviously during a busy week, half his wool ends up in the living room, so I might as well keep it downstairs huh?
So jealous that you have the room to setup your changing station in the laundry room, that's got to be convenient! My preference would be to have mine in a bathroom or laundry room, we just don't have the space.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
BigSamsMom
Registered Users
seller

Oh yeah, Bonny, your DS is a cutie patootie too!
Old 02-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #5
BonnyJean
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks! I think he's a cutie! But I wish he had chub like your little sweetie! my dd did, but ds sadly does not lol

I used to keep my wool upstairs in his dresser as well, they are pants and shorts but I kept getting frustrated about having to run up and get them! lol so now, we start at the table and he walks around in diaper and wool till I get dressed then I just find him a shirt lol I like this much better.

Bonny

oh yeah, at our old house, the changing table was right in the middle of the living room because there wasn't any other place. Then we moved into this huge house with a huge laundry room. The owner was talking about how she wished she had had time and money to put a counter in there, but I'm glad she didn't! lol perfect place for the changing table.

Last edited by BonnyJean; 02-26-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff...
BonnyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
Eman'smom
Registered Users
seller

It's all in the laundry room, our house is one level and the laundry room is back with the bedrooms so it's perfect.

I do all changes on the washing machine, I have one of those sweater storage hanging things that holds all the diapers and dry wipes, each type of diaper has a "shelf". The wipes wamer sits next to the sink and the dirty dipes are stored under the sink in a trash can that has one of those pull out tracks.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
sUpermOm81
Do not B/T with. Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if involved in a transaction.
seller

My Mood:

Here is ours, simple, but we it!
Its in the closet off the living room and next to the bathroom:
Old 02-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I haven't gotten ours all set up yet [ we moved recently ] but I should in the next day or so. I'll take pictures when it is done.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Doing diaper laundry now... will post in a little bit!
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 PM   #10
Badonkadonk Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: mikeandtiff
seller

We are awaiting a newborn to be adopted at birth in mid-March. Here is our set up. It was basically the same for our toddler (now PLed), only in a different corner of the room.
Dresser that doubles as a changing table. Yes, TWO wipes warmers...one for disposables, one for cloth (little butts must stay warm in our house!). Basket of fitteds on top that we will reach for most often. Drawers hold snappis, pins, GMD nb and infant prefolds, extra wipes, doublers & liners, woolies, covers, and larger sizes of diapers in bottom drawers.

Bathroom with diaper sprayer and another wetbag is right across the hallway. The wetbag hanging next to the dresser will be for pee dipes, while bathroom wetbag will be for poo. Disposable wipes (which we use for poo) will go in diaper genie by dresser, with the occasional disposable diaper used when out and about.